14-May-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:17-June-2015 AOR2: 23-July-2015
File Transfer...
SA & File transfer 13-July-2015. IP 9-OCT-15
Med's Done....
28-Feb-2015
Amina.M said:
If We are in process according to ECAS. How long before they give us the approval for permanent residency? Anyone have any clue how long is the wait?
As per current processing time for NDVO is 17 months. and if you think you are lucky and your file is in processing then also it will take at least 8 - 9 months.
They are going very slow this year.. :(

VishalPriya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:17-June-2015 AOR2: 23-July-2015
File Transfer...
SA & File transfer 13-July-2015. IP 9-OCT-15
Med's Done....
28-Feb-2015
rsghotra said:
Hi All! I am getting married on December 5th, 2015. I have few questions regarding spouse sponsorship. Any help would be appreciated:

1. I am PR of Canada, is it possible to apply for visitor visa of my wife so that when she will come we will apply for inland application.
2. Is it possible to apply for her visitor visa before getting married and show the office that she is my fiancée and we will be getting married in December?
3. Also, as all arrangements are done for our marriage on Dec5 so is there any step that I can do right now that can make our application processing time short?

Bottom line is that I want my wife to come with me after marriage on Visitor visa and then we want to apply for her PR from Canada. Is there any way I can get visitor visa for my wife but without hiding any information?

Kindly help me in this regard.

Tell her apply for a visitor visa. Don't show anywhere you are getting married in Dec. Prepare a letter and say you want to see Niagara falls etc etc.. her friends are here so i want to go to canada and meet them..

electrolychee

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2015
AOR Received.
July 20, 2015
File Transfer...
August 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
jack2014 said:
Called CIC today and they confirmed that SA is approved and I will receive the letter by 16 Sep. :) :) :D :D :D :D
FYI guys ECAS is still in process.
There you are man, you'll see more lines show up under IP in the next little while so don't sweat about it. I wasn't on here the last few days but I'm glad your situation got sorted. Congrats.

sg33

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi All -

I just started following this thread. It would be greate if someone can summarize their entire process as to what are the Dos and Dont's for sponsoring the spouse's visa.

Also, below are some questions i have:
1) CIC website say that the total processing time takes around 18 months for the Outland and 26 months for the Inland applications. Does it represent a majority of applications take this much time?
2) Which one is better for applying the PR (Outland or Inland)?
3) Is there an interview for every application? How many rejections normally happen because of the interview?
4) Is the processing time expected to improve after the elections?

Thanks

jack2014

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
electrolychee said:
There you are man, you'll see more lines show up under IP in the next little while so don't sweat about it. I wasn't on here the last few days but I'm glad your situation got sorted. Congrats.

Thanks electrolychee . today I also received SA approval email .

jack2014

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Amina.M said:
HI This is Awesome that we have the same timeline. Shoot me a Private msg in inbox if you hear anything. Also do you know what happens after this?

Sure I will. Now you have to submit PCC, medical and RRPF if you haven't submit with the application. then CIC will do background, security, criminality and eligibility checks and then if they see, there is a red flag with the file, they might do interview. and then decision made and last PPR email that everyone desperately wants.

mani0906

Aug 17, 2015
Here is my timeline

App Filed: June 23, 2015
AOR1: July 25, 2015
SA: August 24, 2015
IP: August 25, 2015 (3rd line added - Started Processing application on August 28, 2015)
AOR2 : Not yet

I have received SA on Aug 24, but we didn't receive AOR2 email yet. Is anyone sharing the same timeline? Is this normal AOR2 hasn't been sent even after 2 weeks? Anyone facing the same situation?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
mani0906 said:
Here is my timeline

App Filed: June 23, 2015
AOR1: July 25, 2015
SA: August 24, 2015
IP: August 25, 2015 (3rd line added - Started Processing application on August 28, 2015)
AOR2 : Not yet

I have received SA on Aug 24, but we didn't receive AOR2 email yet. Is anyone sharing the same timeline? Is this normal AOR2 hasn't been sent even after 2 weeks? Anyone facing the same situation?
AOR2 can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month and some people don't get AOR2 until a later date but you can be sure if your got your SA your file has been transferred. You can call the CIC call centre and confirm as well.

RAVEvapps

Sep 10, 2015
Hi everyone just want to know how long it takes for the status to get updated to decision made after In Process. i applied in Jan and got In process last month 27th. just waiting for DM. (spousal sponsorship)

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ rsghotra,

Please find my answers in red.

Hi All! I am getting married on December 5th, 2015. I have few questions regarding spouse sponsorship. Any help would be appreciated:

1. I am PR of Canada, is it possible to apply for visitor visa of my wife so that when she will come we will apply for inland application. ---------------- Yes. It is possible. But tell her to apply now and not disclose you as fiancee. This is a big red flag and it would get rejected immediately. She should apply as she is going on north america tour. To make her application strong, she should demonstrate strong family ties and good funds backup and if possible apply for US visa also if she does not have one. If she does like this, she will get visitor visa for canada on 1st attempt surely.
2. Is it possible to apply for her visitor visa before getting married and show the office that she is my fiancée and we will be getting married in December? ------------- As I said in my above reply, it is very high probability that the application will get rejected.
3. Also, as all arrangements are done for our marriage on Dec5 so is there any step that I can do right now that can make our application processing time short? ------ There is no way to do anything on your end.Application processing times are not under your control. It is under control via CIC. If you see different forums and research more, there are lot of people creating petitions, sending letters to MP to decrease the application processing times. What is under your control is to make your application with all the documents correctly and properly which would not add more delay in processing.

Bottom line is that I want my wife to come with me after marriage on Visitor visa and then we want to apply for her PR from Canada. Is there any way I can get visitor visa for my wife but without hiding any information? ----------- The only way without hiding anything to get visitor visa is to apply for one after marriage and after you have filed for PR. Basically, you get married, apply for PR and then after you get AOR1, you apply for visitor visa and tell them honestly that you are married and you have applied for PR and while PR is in process you want your wife to visit you. E.g I got married in April 2015, I came back applied for PR around July 2015 and then tried for visitor visa around Aug end 2015. My wife, I am very happy to say that she got 1 year multiple entry visitor visa to Canada and she is coming here next month to Canada. So, it is possible to get spouse visitor visa after marriage if you do everything correctly and properly.

Please refer to this forum which has all the details! You will find lot of examples who have got visitor visa after marriage including my example. This forum is very helpful and should be a guideline for everybody who wants to try for spouse visitor visa while PR is in process.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.120.html

Kindly help me in this regard.

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amina.M said:
Hi

When I filled the application I sent in the Medical aswell . The meds are with them and it was done around end of may . I have sent everything nothing is missing from my application.
Thats Great Amina.. Hope you get your PR and Spend your Family time together.

My wife is with me in Visitor Visa since Last Septemeber 2014. My wife application status is Application Received/ medical Received.

prforme

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
IELTS Request
Ip on 9 Oct 2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Request
Remed req 14_12_2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Passport Req..
DM on 10 Jan 16 n ppr 11 jan 16
RAVEvapps said:
Hi everyone just want to know how long it takes for the status to get updated to decision made after In Process. i applied in Jan and got In process last month 27th. just waiting for DM. (spousal sponsorship)
congrAts on ur ip . wtz the date u applied in jan ..little curious since i m also jan applicant n its showing Ar/Mr yet

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAVEvapps said:
Congrats, whats your Timeline, Am also Jan applicant Please PM me

Amina.M

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
AOR Received.
05-august-2015
File Transfer...
31-august-2015
Med's Request
2 June - 2016 - Remed Done June 4 2016
Med's Done....
27-may-2015
Interview........
Waived--
Passport Req..
November 29, 2016
jack2014 said:
Sure I will. Now you have to submit PCC, medical and RRPF if you haven't submit with the application. then CIC will do background, security, criminality and eligibility checks and then if they see, there is a red flag with the file, they might do interview. and then decision made and last PPR email that everyone desperately wants.
Hi Jack,

I have already done the PCC and Medical . Not Sure what is RRPF but Im sure I prolly did that too. I sent all this info with the Application. Jack Do u think its odd that we are in Proccessing this early? Im not sure whats going on :( R we going to get a DM soon? or we are just being happy we are IP for no reason.

Amina.M

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
AOR Received.
05-august-2015
File Transfer...
31-august-2015
Med's Request
2 June - 2016 - Remed Done June 4 2016
Med's Done....
27-may-2015
Interview........
Waived--
Passport Req..
November 29, 2016
karthicbaboo said:
Thats Great Amina.. Hope you get your PR and Spend your Family time together.

My wife is with me in Visitor Visa since Last Septemeber 2014. My wife application status is Application Received/ medical Received.
You are so lucky that u have your spouse with you on a visitor visa. Im happy for you .