+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2015 SPOUSAL VISA APPLICANTS

Aug 12, 2015
I filed my wife's immigration at the end of February. From everything that I've read here, it seems like it might take until October or November at least (not sure though) for the whole process to be complete. But I really want to see her before that. I'm thinking about inviting her to Canada on a visit visa for a couple of months. Does anyone know if applying for a visit visa would hurt the sponsorship application? Should she write to the NDVO to inform them before coming to Canada?

Waiting for my turn

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 April 2015
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
In process 8 oct
Hello everyone.. I have made what's app group for fast information and help to each other, so plz if any guy want to join it then send me his/her what's app number in private, thanks

Rozi

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
draxz1289 said:
The latest one we are seeing in an Oct 6th applicant going IP
Thanks for the reply.

Hope my status changed to IP coz i am 7th OCt 2014 applicant.

CVIF123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July4
File Transfer...
September 20th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
november 10th 2015
hydsponsorship said:
I filed my wife's immigration at the end of February. From everything that I've read here, it seems like it might take until October or November at least (not sure though) for the whole process to be complete. But I really want to see her before that. I'm thinking about inviting her to Canada on a visit visa for a couple of months. Does anyone know if applying for a visit visa would hurt the sponsorship application? Should she write to the NDVO to inform them before coming to Canada?
Your TRV will not effect your application, no need to inform now, if they ask you to provide travel history/any additional documents then you can provide your wife travel history including the date she traveled to Canada to see you.

ljninan

Aug 13, 2015
Hi,
I got married in January and my husband is a Canadian citizen. He filed for my spouse sponsorship application at Missisauga in March 2015. The timeline has been as follows:
Application received: March 11, 2015
Processing started: April 17, 2015
Sponsorship approval: May 7, 2015
Application received in New Delhi and file number created: May 21, 2015

My cic application status shows that they have received the results of the medical exam which was done right before sending the application.
Does anyone have any idea about how long it will be before they place a request for my passport?? The waiting has become unbearable :( Appreciate the help.. Thanks

CVIF123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July4
File Transfer...
September 20th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
november 10th 2015
ljninan said:
Hi,
I got married in January and my husband is a Canadian citizen. He filed for my spouse sponsorship application at Missisauga in March 2015. The timeline has been as follows:
Application received: March 11, 2015
Processing started: April 17, 2015
Sponsorship approval: May 7, 2015
Application received in New Delhi and file number created: May 21, 2015

My cic application status shows that they have received the results of the medical exam which was done right before sending the application.
Does anyone have any idea about how long it will be before they place a request for my passport?? The waiting has become unbearable :( Appreciate the help.. Thanks
After receiving your application by NDVO it will take 8 to 12 months for intial update on your file it may be passport request, interview or remedial.
At the moment they are working on 2014 October applications as per this forum.so to get updates keep visiting this forum.

Waiting for my turn

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 April 2015
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Med's Request
In process 8 oct
Hello everyone.. I have made what's app group for fast information and help to each other, so plz if any guy want to join it then send me his/her what's app number in private msg.and help every applicant thanks

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Mateen_aka said:
Then if that's the case then we should be able to hear something by end of this month or next month....
Yes the latest is an Oct 6th applicant to go IP; so I am sure they have crossed into the three week of Oct (given that ECAS is unreliable in terms of being updated regularly) We should hear back this month of in the first two week of Sept.

jack2014

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
hydsponsorship said:
I don't think so it will affect your current application.
Here is the source that you can use to apply for visitor visa
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@hydsponsorship,

I am sure that applying for visitor visa while your PR is in process does not affect PR application in any way because both are different processes and CIC immigration supports "dual intent". I have checked lot of forums and got advise from immigration lawyer and no one says that it would affect your PR process. My wife is going to try for visitor visa in couple of weeks. Her PR was filed in July 2015.

So, don't worry. Yes - Please follow the link "visitor visa granted for wife" forum and follow the document checklist and then just hope for the best!! I am doing the same.

harsav

Aug 13, 2015
Getting married in Nov. 2015 and I want to prepare ahead of time. What are some of the important things that I should keep in mind?

In addition, I want to point out that my fiancée has had a visitor visa refusal in Apr. 2015 and student visa refusal in Aug. 2015. Would that negatively impact the spousal PR application?

yamayama

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad now in New Delhi since Feb 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7, September, 2012
AOR Received.
17, October, 2012
File Transfer...
17, October, 2012
Med's Request
May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
11, June, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 30, 2014
Hey guys,

Just a quick question about PPR from NDVO Chanakya, how you send your passport to them for Visa or do you send them the bio pages of passport by email.

Actually I am from Afghanistan and my sister received an email for PPR for her husband from New Delhi but we are confused where to send the passport, I am just gonna paste the email here. Thanks so much for any Information. Oh also there was no attachment with this email.

Dear X x:

This refers to your application for admission to Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Ø UCI # - his name:
Ø > Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document Please provide copy of bio-pages of your valid passport. This must be received at this office by: 2015/09/04
Ø
(Date format is YYYY/MM/DD)

Failure to submit them within that time period could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote our complete file number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the High Commission at the address indicated below.

PLEASE RETURN THIS FORM WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
harsav said:
Getting married in Nov. 2015 and I want to prepare ahead of time. What are some of the important things that I should keep in mind?

In addition, I want to point out that my fiancée has had a visitor visa refusal in Apr. 2015 and student visa refusal in Aug. 2015. Would that negatively impact the spousal PR application?

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

Not sure if you had all this but

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

The application package
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

General organization
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

What is your relationship history, have you guys been dating? is it an arranged marriage? You will have to disclose the rejection on the PR application though at first thought it might slightly delay the application given the quick succession - April and Aug.

Did you guys initially plan to get the visa then apply for PR is that why you applied twice?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
jan2015 said:
Did any one who applied in Nov 2014 got in process?
Which month is currently in process?
Thanks
October 16 is the latest to get PPR