Med's Done....
12 April
Interview........
Telephonic
Passport Req..
April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
13 oct 2013
dude apply before getting married to make yr life simple....tell your finace whole family to apply together in this case its easy to get visa ...else if she apply alone and she doesn't work ...it will be a refusal for sure..

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hope so soon by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
sanduja said:
Hello Friends

I am a canadian PR and getting married in nov 2015 in India. the girl is from india and she doesn't work. It takes from one year to one and a half to get spouce visa. I have seen that they don't give visitor visa after applying for spouce PR.

What do u guys suggest should I apply for visitor visa before getting married or I should go through the normal process and then wait for one year??
Hai sanduja,
Just give a try 4 visitor visa and I'm sure you will get it you can tell the ndvo that both the families would love to meet and would like to know more about each other before wedding that's the reason applying for visitor visa and would come back to India 4 wedding (family ties up in India) I would suggest you to apply in the month of Sep end and also apply the trv for your wouldbe's parents as well

CVIF123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July4
File Transfer...
September 20th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
november 10th 2015
Sanduja,

It's very clear that, irrespective of your marriage, any person will get TRV if he/she meets mandatory requirements of visitor visa. Please click below link to estimate your eligibility to come to canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

If your applying before marriage:
1. whether she/he related to you ?? (If she related, you can apply before marriage)
2. Do you have chat history that you have both in relationship for a long time .... ?? in this case you need to submit lot of documentation to prove you both know each other it's same like spouse sponsorship..
3. Moreover, Person not working... it's means there is no guarantee of return after prescribed time, person don't have any work/business(etc.), nothing is there to pull back.

If you married:
It's clear that your legally married to enter into Canada as your spouse staying in Canada. you just need to submit little documentation as you already have Marriage certificate. No where it says, they will not give you visitor visa during your application(spouse) in process.

As you said, you already seen some people didn't get TRV after marriage,...
Did they meet TRV requirements?? if it is rejected on what reason they rejected ..??. whether they said like your married and your spouse stay's in canada so we will not give TRV ??

CVIF123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July4
File Transfer...
September 20th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
november 10th 2015
Kaurmomi said:
But if there is not any extension in time period for the year 2015 then application takes total time 7-8 months from the date cic receive it ... I have seen 4-5 spouse applications of my relatives in 2014 that are totally completed in 7-8 mnths
kaurmomi,

First thing, NDVO has have no standard timings, they will process your application within 16 months, it may exceed based on the number of applications and backlogs, but sure with in 16 months they will contact you, they will process applications based on Q.. first in first out, if any problem or if they request any additional documents add 4 to 5 months to it.

yes your right, in 2014 some applications done by NDVO with in 8 months, they might have submitted and met criteria well. hope we all get finished with in 8 to 9 months ~_~

Mothermoose

Jul 25, 2015
So is it now 16 months from when application is received by NDVO or 8-9 months from when NDVO received file? In our case complete application received by NDVO April 2015. We sent in completed application in December 2014 with medical done in November. When do you think we can expect file to be in process actively by NDVO?

CVIF123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July4
File Transfer...
September 20th
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
november 10th 2015
Mothermoose said:
So is it now 16 months from when application is received by NDVO or 8-9 months from when NDVO received file? In our case complete application received by NDVO April 2015. We sent in completed application in December 2014 with medical done in November. When do you think we can expect file to be in process actively by NDVO?
Your file received by NDVO on April 2015, so add 8 to 9 months for initial update on your file, i.e December 2015 or January 2016 you may hear something about your file, if if they request any additional documents add 3 to 4 months to it. this is present scenario as per the forums, if your application is good you may get visa by Dec 2015 or jan 2016.

Best of Luck !! hope all our applications will be finished by NDVO with in 8 to 9 months !!

sarbie

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
Hello Everyone,

I had applied on April 15 to sponsor my husband. I got my SA letter dated June 22 stating the file had been transferred to the Delhi office. The other day my husband got a call from the Mohali office saying there was a parcel from the embassy and they would like to confirm his address. I'm just curious to know what parcel they will be sending. Does anyone have an idea? Any insight is appreciated.

gurkul

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
sarbie said:
Hello Everyone,

I had applied on April 15 to sponsor my husband. I got my SA letter dated June 22 stating the file had been transferred to the Delhi office. The other day my husband got a call from the Mohali office saying there was a parcel from the embassy and they would like to confirm his address. I'm just curious to know what parcel they will be sending. Does anyone have an idea? Any insight is appreciated.

no idea ,PLEASE SHARE WHAT WAS INSIDE WHEN HE GOT IT

Kaurmomi

Jul 24, 2015
sarbie said:
Hello Everyone,

Have you received your parcel ? What is in this ?

Vizzynuts

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2016 - more wedding pictures and cohab info
AOR Received.
June 17, 2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
August 24, 2015
Med's Request
Remed request - August 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Done and sent with application
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
Hi,

i am just looking for clarification. I submitted the following application and this is the email I received:
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Vizzy nuts,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/06/17 on behalf of the following member(s):

[Vizzy nuts' wife]

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Does this mean that i have received my AOR1? next step is Sponsor Approval?

Just want to know if i am on the right track? I'd imagine that it would be July 2016 before I can get my wife to come to Canada?

Thanks!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Vizzynuts said:
Hi,

i am just looking for clarification. I submitted the following application and this is the email I received:
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear Vizzy nuts,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/06/17 on behalf of the following member(s):

[Vizzy nuts' wife]

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC's website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

Does this mean that i have received my AOR1? next step is Sponsor Approval?

Just want to know if i am on the right track? I'd imagine that it would be July 2016 before I can get my wife to come to Canada?

Thanks!
Your username gave me a smile :) :)

Yes its the AOR1 and you should expect the decision to be made on SA soon.

jibinv

Feb 19, 2015
shubham.maksi said:
Guys,

Hope you are doing well.

I got my COPR and Visa 2 weeks ago.

I want to get married to my GF. I dont want to get married now as they will cancell my visa and i have to apply for her as a depedent visa and all things. I dont want to take the risk.

So i am planning to do landing and get the pr and come back and get married to her.

what are the options i have please recommend as i have no clue about it.
Hey, I had the same situation. I landed in Canada, went back and got married. I applied for my wife's PR and is waiting since Nov 2014. I had applied for TRV twice only to get rejected.
However, I heard from someone that I could have got married without landing and get the COPR papers for my wife also by sending in the required docs to NVDO along with my passport. I think you should try to call NVDO or some immigration representative and get confirmed. I asked an agency before taking the decision. But it seems they gave me the wrong info.
Please check with NVDO or some good representative and take the decision.

Vizzynuts

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2016 - more wedding pictures and cohab info
AOR Received.
June 17, 2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
August 24, 2015
Med's Request
Remed request - August 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Done and sent with application
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
draxz1289 said:
Your username gave me a smile :) :)

Yes its the AOR1 and you should expect the decision to be made on SA soon.
Glad you liked the user name.

Thanks for your response. It looks like the wheel is turning. Hopefully, I can get her to come to Canada by July 2016.

Best of luck to all!

dysan48

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Vizzynuts, when did you send out, or actually submit your application? I sent mine out on Thursday, June 18th, and haven't received anything as of yet.

Thanks,

dysan48