30-05-2016
Med's Done....
31-05-2016
Interview........
Waived off as per notes
Passport Req..
3rd Dec '16
Hi everyone !

Can someone please suggest as to whether the address change to my spousal address in my passport can cause any trouble with NVDO ? Like more delay in hearing from them.

My passport is expiring on 1st Dec'16.
I'm 11th June applicant
Medical expired : 1st April'16
Waiting for re-medical.

I also applied for tourist visa but that got rejected in Nov'15. Now my passport will enter the 6 months no visa issue zone from June. My current passport is of Haryana , after marriage I'm staying in Delhi with my inlaws . I want to get my passport renewed but with my husbands address I.e. Current address in Delhi. Any one pls suggest if gone through similar case. Should I go ahead and get the address changed to the address I'm living (also mentioned in my application ) or should I let it be the old one.?

Thanks.

Maggiemalhotra

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
17-08-2015
Med's Request
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
31-05-2016
Interview........
Waived off as per notes
Passport Req..
3rd Dec '16
gurkul said:
congrats to jun applicant who received update,m 12 june applicant,no up date for me :(
I'm 11th June applicant. I too haven't heard anything from them . :(

Sanjan_preet

May 17, 2016
Maggiemalhotra said:
Hi everyone !

Can someone please suggest as to whether the address change to my spousal address in my passport can cause any trouble with NVDO ? Like more delay in hearing from them.

I'm 11th June applicant
Waiting for re-medical.

I also applied for tourist visa but that got rejected in Nov'15. Now my passport will enter the 6 months no visa issue zone from June. My current passport is of Haryana , after marriage I'm staying in Delhi with my inlaws . I want to get my passport renewed but with my husbands address I.e. Current address in Delhi. Any one pls suggest if gone through similar case. Should I go ahead and get the address changed to the address I'm living (also mentioned in my application ) or should I let it be the old one.?

Thanks.
You will have to change your address because in the passport you need to provide your current address and also there will be a police verification.
If you don't update your address then you need to provide the affidavit attested by notary that states the reason why you are living with your parents even after your marriage..because as per Indian law a girl has to move to in-laws house after her marriage.
I know this because I have also renewed my passport.
You will have to add your husband's name and address in your passport. Both changes are compulsory.
I hope it helps.

Maggiemalhotra

Star Member
Apr 21, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
17-08-2015
Med's Request
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
31-05-2016
Interview........
Waived off as per notes
Passport Req..
3rd Dec '16
Sanjan_preet said:
You will have to change your address because in the passport you need to provide your current address and also there will be a police verification.
If you don't update your address then you need to provide the affidavit attested by notary that states the reason why you are living with your parents even after your marriage..because as per Indian law a girl has to move to in-laws house after her marriage.
You will have to add your husband's name and address in your passport. Both changes are compulsory.
I hope it helps.
Hey thanks, that was meaningful to me.
How did you update your new passport details to embassy ? Also how long does the renew process take , I'll be applying under tatkal ?

Sanjan_preet

May 17, 2016
Maggiemalhotra said:
Hey thanks, that was meaningful to me.
How did you update your new passport details to embassy ? Also how long does the renew process take , I'll be applying under tatkal ?
You don't need to inform ndvo about the passport renewal. When they will send you ppt then you have to send both your passport along with a letter stating that you have updated your passport. You can confirm this by calling on helpline no of ndvo.
Just for your satisfaction you can send them an email with scanned copies of both your passport. But then you will get a computer generated email that you donot need to inform them about this process.
In tatkal category it takes 3 working days. For normal category it takes around 15to 20 days. I got mine on 18th day after applying .
Good luck

Vikram18

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2016 AOR2 Received: 19-04-2016
File Transfer...
07-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
Sanjan_preet said:
I hope it helps.
That is not correct. It is not compulsory to add your husband's name or address in your passport. There are so many people who get approved without it. You don't have to provide your current address in the passport. CIC does not verify the address from the passport.

Maggiemalhotra said:
Hi everyone !

I'm 11th June applicant
Waiting for re-medical.

Thanks.
Since your passport is expiring in Dec'16, you may want to get a new one so that it has more validity. But changing the address may take time. You'll have to check how much time does it take to get a new passport with an address change. If you only add your husband's name in your passport that will be done pretty fast.
My wife changed her passport to change her surname and add my name. She kept her address as old one. It was done in less than a week.
You need to inform NDVO as soon as you get the new passport.

itzpreethi

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
TamilNadu
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 19 '15
Doc's Request.
May 30 '16
AOR Received.
Aug 24 '15
Med's Request
Aug 03 '16
Med's Done....
Jul 27 '15 / Aug 07 '16
Passport Req..
Aug 22 '16
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 27 '16
LANDED..........
Sept 01 '16
Similar situation to mine..
My passport was damaged due to the flood in chennai..
So I reapplied for passport and got it in less than seven days..
I sent a letter along with a scanned copy of my new passport..
I also emailed a copy to NDVO..
It will be updated to your application, I checked with my gcms notes..
Also I changed my address in the new passport..
No problem in changing but you have to inform NDVO

goldy19924

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016

friends plz answer da following questions if any1 can because these are the questions which they asked frm 1 of mine friend .....
how these questions be answered
reply must for helping me and other applicants

que
Why did you marry your spouse?
2. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?
3. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of Canada?
4. How do you correspond with your spouse?

5. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.
6. Does your spouse support you financially?
7. Do you support your spouse financially?
8. If I refuse this application what will you do
9. Development of your relationship after very first day?
10. Why didn't you get married to someone from India??, why to someone from Canada?

goldy19924

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Maggiemalhotra said:
Hi everyone !

I'm 11th June applicant
Waiting for re-medical.

Thanks.
hlo as we both applied on june 11
and ur passport expires on dec
u just need to do some wait because within amonth or 2 u will surely in canada with ur husband so do update while reaching canada

pujalee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20TH MAY 2015
AOR Received.
20TH JUNE 2015
File Transfer...