Interview........
Dont know
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
I dont know
LANDED..........
hopefully end of this year
hey Singh grewal ..I am also May 2015 applicant and my online status shows AR/MR nothing like IP. and also my husband havent received AOR 2 from NDVO yet . is this normal ..did you get the AOR2 yet ??

s kaur

Aug 5, 2014
Hello all,

Need suggestions...
My husband filled the visa application on 1st Aug. 2015 and yesterday i recieved a call from NDVO...011-41782000
But unfortunately :( i missed all the 3 calls made by them one after the other and when i called them back.... the reception staff said the concern person will call you back. But no call after that :'(

My husband has not even recieved any letter from Mississauga office yet. So how come they called me and for what??
Am soo tensed... dont know wheather they will call me again or :-\

singhGrewal

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
punjabikudi26 said:
hey Singh grewal ..I am also May 2015 applicant and my online status shows AR/MR nothing like IP. and also my husband havent received AOR 2 from NDVO yet . is this normal ..did you get the AOR2 yet ??
Hey don't worry about AOR2 , experts say some applicants never get it however if you can check your status online on ECAS ,everything is alright.

Vizzynuts

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2016 - more wedding pictures and cohab info
AOR Received.
June 17, 2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
August 24, 2015
Med's Request
Remed request - August 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Done and sent with application
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
rohitcan said:
Hi
Vizzynuts,

First of all, thanks for the reply

For point 2, I read that proof of income not required in case of sponsoring a spouse ,
"prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner's dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application."

For point 3, not for whole process , lest say visit spouse and family after 2 3 months for a period of week or so

Just one more point , as she is not working, Can she apply for visitor visa once we get married ?
Hi rohitcan,

For 2, upon re-reading it, it definitely says that this requirement applies when there are dependent children. So, it seems that proof of income is not required. Just a "promise" that you will provide for your spouse. Info from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp. Relevant para:
- sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
- prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

However, I would advise having a proof of income. It will only strengthen your case. You could submit an application without a proof of income, but that *may* cause delays in your case.

For 3, yes you definitely can visit for a short period of time. In fact, while the sponsorship application is in process, your spouse can come visit you on a Temporary Residence Visa.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Vizzynuts said:
Hi rohitcan,

For 2, upon re-reading it, it definitely says that this requirement applies when there are dependent children. So, it seems that proof of income is not required. Just a "promise" that you will provide for your spouse. Info from: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp. Relevant para:
- sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner's basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
- prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner's dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

However, I would advise having a proof of income. It will only strengthen your case. You could submit an application without a proof of income, but that *may* cause delays in your case.

For 3, yes you definitely can visit for a short period of time. In fact, while the sponsorship application is in process, your spouse can come visit you on a Temporary Residence Visa.
As Vizzynuts mentioned, there is no income proof required for single applicant and only applies with applications with dependents but the sponsor is required to show how you plan to support the applicant. This is by showing assets, job prospects in your field, letter of employment or your families how they plan support.

As a PR you are required to be in the country while the application is processed and only citizens are allowed to live outside but its generally accept that a short visit 2-4 months is considered OK.

So here is the deal about the visit visas, most applicants get rejected simply for the reason the visa officer doesnt believe they will come back after the "visit" and did not show substantial ties. Almost all applicants (from what I have seen) who got the 1 year or 10 year visa are people who are working and taking a break to come visit their spouses that being said if an applicant has substantial other ties such as assets, commitments etc are also more likely to get the visa.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
balpunjabi said:
Where I have to expect visa
In Trinidad or in India
Or if i get interview
The visa office is determined by the citizenship of the applicant so in your case its New Delhi Visa Office; the visa will be issued by NDVO but I am not sure if you can submit to the Canadian embassy in Trinidad because if the applicant is in Canada they can submit it here for stamping. From what we have seen all interviews are always done in the country of citizenship.

electrolychee

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2015
AOR Received.
July 20, 2015
File Transfer...
August 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Vizzynuts said:
Hi electrolychee,

I believe my wife in India got the AR2 from NDVO. I got a separate email from the CIC on August 24, 2015 with an attached PDF saying that I was approved as a sponsor and that the file has been transferred to New Delhi for further processing.
Thats crazy man, I got our SA email the same day (August 24) with that attachment. So we literally have the same timeline but neither me or my girl got an AR2 from NDVO. I don't know if I should be worried yet or not. What's the date on your AR2 if you don't mind

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
electrolychee said:
Thats crazy man, I got our SA email the same day (August 24) with that attachment. So we literally have the same timeline but neither me or my girl got an AR2 from NDVO. I don't know if I should be worried yet or not. What's the date on your AR2 if you don't mind
AOR2 can take anywhere from a week to about a month and not getting AOR2 doesn't mean anything cause you can be sure the file was transferred after SA. Some people dont get AOR2 and directly go into IP or PPR

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
gagan_k said:
I got in process on 26 Aug .My timeline is 24 feb 2015 ;D :D :)
hi gagan your file application date is 24 feb 2015 or it is file transfer date

please confirm

me447

Jun 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whattttt????? Really ????

So Your File received date at CIC is 24th FEb 2015???

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ShJu

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2015
AOR Received.
31-05-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Request
Re-Medical Req: 03-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2015/ Re-Medical Done: 03-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
Hi,

Can you please tell me what is AOR1 and AOR2?

My husband applied for my PR under family sponsorship on the 28th of March 2015. They received the application on the 30th of March 2015.
My medicals were done well in advance. The SA was done on the 28th of May 2015. After which I received a letter from NDVO on the 5th of June saying that they have received my application. My PR status online shows 'Application Received' since then.

Am I supposed to get another letter from NDVO?
Is that AOR2?

And, can you please tell me how to add my details into the forum's timeline so that it shows?

Thank you in advance.

prforme

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
IELTS Request
Ip on 9 Oct 2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Request
Remed req 14_12_2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Passport Req..
DM on 10 Jan 16 n ppr 11 jan 16
ShJu said:
Hi,

Can you please tell me what is AOR1 and AOR2?

My husband applied for my PR under family sponsorship on the 28th of March 2015. They received the application on the 30th of March 2015.
My medicals were done well in advance. The SA was done on the 28th of May 2015. After which I received a letter from NDVO on the 5th of June saying that they have received my application. My PR status online shows 'Application Received' since then.

Am I supposed to get another letter from NDVO?
Is that AOR2?

And, can you please tell me how to add my details into the forum's timeline so that it shows?

Thank you in advance.
Hi Shju ,

AOR1 is from CIC Mississauga and AOR2 from NDVO (Acknowledgment of receipt) you already got from NDVO .

Dont worry , We are Jan applicants and have the same status AR/MR as of now .. We will get some updates in Oct/Nov .

In order to add your details on profile , you must have posted 10 posts on this forum .

Hope this helps

Vizzynuts

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 30, 2016 - more wedding pictures and cohab info
AOR Received.
June 17, 2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
August 24, 2015
Med's Request
Remed request - August 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Done and sent with application
Passport Req..
Aug 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 9, 2016
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2016
electrolychee said:
My wife got an email from the NDVO saying that they have received the application on August 24, 2015. I believe it would be the same for you. But you should double check with her.