Waived acc to Notes
Passport Req..
Decision made : 24-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Soon
LANDED..........
Hopefully Soon
m.sforever said:
No no not my name change my name and surname same as usual....just add hubby name on it.
In India a small modification in the passport they will issue a new passport with new passport number and when you have added your hubby name in the passport.. they will issue u a new passport with new passport number. You need to provide this new details to NDVO that your passport number has been changed and kindly update it in their records (mention the reason of change of passport number). iam not sure but i think without the proper passport number either you do re-medicals or anything it will go waste and even be a problem when you receive a ppr. Senior members please confirm it.

m.sforever

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
khancool2006 said:
In India a small modification in the passport they will issue a new passport with new passport number and when you have added your hubby name in the passport.. they will issue u a new passport with new passport number. You need to provide this new details to NDVO that your passport number has been changed and kindly update it in their records (mention the reason of change of passport number). iam not sure but i think without the proper passport number either you do re-medicals or anything it will go waste and even be a problem when you receive a ppr. Senior members please confirm it.
Pls I m confused now and worrying because our agent said no need to inform this to ndvo that's why we did not.....but pls seniors members confirm me with right info is that effect on my case...thanks in advance.

VishalPriya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:17-June-2015 AOR2: 23-July-2015
File Transfer...
SA & File transfer 13-July-2015. IP 9-OCT-15
Med's Done....
28-Feb-2015
m.sforever said:
Pls I m confused now and worrying because our agent said no need to inform this to ndvo that's why we did not.....but pls seniors members confirm me with right info is that effect on my case...thanks in advance.
Hi,

I remember when my PR was processing in canada and my indian passport was going to expire so i got new passport from indian embassy. And i didnt inform CIC about my new passport. Because they attached my old passport with new passport. And for my PR visa i sent my new passport with attached old passport. And they put visa on new passport. If you submit any documents without asking from them then it may be increase processing time for your file. You can call to CIC at canada and ask them about this.

VishalPriya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:17-June-2015 AOR2: 23-July-2015
File Transfer...
SA & File transfer 13-July-2015. IP 9-OCT-15
Med's Done....
28-Feb-2015
m.sforever said:
You can not use your old passport any more. On my old passport they put a stamp of CANCELLED. My old passport they attached with the new passport with staple. Because it has my US visa and other old canadian visas. So for re-medical bring both passport with you and doctor will use your new passport number to submit your medical to CIC.

prforme

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
IELTS Request
Ip on 9 Oct 2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Request
Remed req 14_12_2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Passport Req..
DM on 10 Jan 16 n ppr 11 jan 16
m.sforever said:
No no not my name change my name and surname same as usual....just add hubby name on it.
Question is that did your passport number changed . If yes then inform Ndvo stating cover letter whats the change , i assume u need new pcc even in tht case . Do call ndvo customer care or cic to know exactly wt u hv to do

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
m.sforever said:
Hey,

If I understand this correctly, you submitted the first medicals and application using old passport and got remedicals in old passport and now you added your husbands name to the passport right?

As khancool2006 mentioned and you probably know any modification made to the passport gets issued a new one with a new passport number and in that case you HAVE TO NOTIFY NDVO of your passport change since your old passport is no longer valid and PPR cannot be issued on.

If you already got the re-medical request on your old passport I see two options, contact NDVO asking them to issue another re-meds for the new passport or perform the re-meds and update then with new passport and ask them to connect it.

Our situation is quite similar: My wife did meds on passport 1 then before sending the application added my name thus got a new passport 2 so we sent both the old and new with a cover letter saying meds were done on old passport and we got re-meds on the new passport - so they were able to connect it both.

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
draxz1289 said:
Hey,

If I understand this correctly, you submitted the first medicals and application using old passport and got remedicals in old passport and now you added your husbands name to the passport right?

As khancool2006 mentioned and you probably know any modification made to the passport gets issued a new one with a new passport number and in that case you HAVE TO NOTIFY NDVO of your passport change since your old passport is no longer valid and PPR cannot be issued on.

If you already got the re-medical request on your old passport I see two options, contact NDVO asking them to issue another re-meds for the new passport or perform the re-meds and update then with new passport and ask them to connect it.

Our situation is quite similar: My wife did meds on passport 1 then before sending the application added my name thus got a new passport 2 so we sent both the old and new with a cover letter saying meds were done on old passport and we got re-meds on the new passport - so they were able to connect it both.
Hi draxz,
It's OK for re medical but what about form IMM 0008 generated form which is already submitted before with old passport ?
We have to re submit form again or NDVO will correct it?
I m worried bcose i have to change passport in hubby name.
Pl.advise.
Thx.
Best Rgds.

ripper360

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

My spouse has come to canada on visitor visa and this is her second 6 month stint. She had gone back to india for 3 months in between. We are hoping that she will get her PPR within 6 months.

1. I wanted your help on the right time to change the address
2. if I get a remed request before I changed the address. Can i do it in canada?
3. How does change in address impact her application?

Sabash

Jan 2, 2016
Hi I applied on 17th of December and its being the 1 year now but waiting for my PR the case is there in Delhi office.
Does anyone get Sponsership who applied in December??

mikee23

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sabash said:
Hi I applied on 17th of December and its being the 1 year now but waiting for my PR the case is there in Delhi office.
Does anyone get Sponsership who applied in December??
ndvo 2014 ss : https://goo.gl/4tFGZL

check this spreadsheet

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
rose68 said:
Hi draxz,
It's OK for re medical but what about form IMM 0008 generated form which is already submitted before with old passport ?
We have to re submit form again or NDVO will correct it?
I m worried bcose i have to change passport in hubby name.
Pl.advise.
Thx.
Best Rgds.
Hey,

If you get a new passport then you will have update NDVO since they cannot issue the PPR on the old visa, so you will have to send a case specific inquiry doing the same - that will update everything on your file nor just one form. If you haven't changed the passport I really suggest you wait till you get your PR, land and change your passport since to me that makes cause the name change is not required and might only delay it. I am not saying it will for sure but any unnecessary update might.

Draxz

jp0007

Nov 19, 2014
m.sforever said:
Hi everyone,

I want to know something very urgent.......I have my new passport with added my hubby name on it....I got remedical request on 31dec so pls tell me which passport I have to carry with me for remedial.......what docs I have to carry with me....pls reply me soon experts. Thanks in advance.
for remedical new one is required but when u get ppr then u have to submit both old n new passport , i hope u sent the new passport copy to ndvo wd cover letter mentioning chanfges in pasport , i also added spouses name in passport n particulars were also chnged

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
Applying for GCMS notes always helping if there is delay than normal. I remembered i had applied my GCMS notes for more than 10 times through GCMSNotes.ca and they provide the tracking number as well. each time I applied for GCMS notes I got some new information. The most surprising was when I saw that my file was not traceable and it delayed my case for more than 9 months until I remind CIC about the file information I had got from my GCMS notes.

prforme

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
IELTS Request
Ip on 9 Oct 2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Request
Remed req 14_12_2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Passport Req..
DM on 10 Jan 16 n ppr 11 jan 16
draxz1289 said:
Hey,

If you get a new passport then you will have update NDVO since they cannot issue the PPR on the old visa, so you will have to send a case specific inquiry doing the same - that will update everything on your file nor just one form. If you haven't changed the passport I really suggest you wait till you get your PR, land and change your passport since to me that makes cause the name change is not required and might only delay it. I am not saying it will for sure but any unnecessary update might.

Draxz

do let us knw when thrz change in ecas to dm .. just curious ppr first or dm

preetgill

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th march 2015
AOR Received.