+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2014 APPLICANTS

kite

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
love4life said:
Hi Everyone!!!!

BIG RELIEF!!!!! Our application is APPROVED!!!! It happened like magic. He told me that it actually took him 4 minutes in total. the lady was very nice and funny.
His time was 930 am but it got delayed due to another couple before him so he went in 1031 am and got out at 1035 am. Believe it or not, that's true and surreal for us.
He got an interpreter even though he's good in english but just in case. he said it helped him a lot because the interpreter would translate the questions anyway which gave him more time to answer calmly. His interpreter was SUPER nice and even got surprised how quick his interview got over.
We have been together for 15 years (childhood fairy tale lol). Our red flag was my parents weren't present at the wedding (personal problems). so based on that here are the questions the VO asked him:

1. When did your wife move to Canada?
2. How old was she when she moved?
3. Why were her parents not present at the wedding?
4. Where does your wife work?
5. What is your future plan after going there?
6. How did your wife come alone to meet you every year? (this was a tricky question because i didn't go alone, i went to visit india every year with my parents. so he corrected the VO and said the truth and she was happy)
6. What does your wife do for living?
7. Does your wife have siblings?

That's it. like I mentioned it happened very quickly. Also, my husband took over 1000 pages of proof including pictures, 8 albums, phone call history, same school proof that we both studied at in India in our childhood, our hand written letters, cards, gifts, common facebook page snapshots, messages, FaceTime snapshots, everything else you can think of. however she didn't see ANYTHING, nor did she ask. instead when he entered she said "why have you got so much papers with you again, you already applied with so much" and was laughing.

At the end she asked him his medical #, and passport. Then he offered to give her his PCC as well and she said sure and took it. Then she said Application is approved and she is very much satisfied. He will get his passport back in 15 days and wished him goodluck.

Few points from my husband he asked me to share:

1. there are 9 booths and 7 are lady VO and 2 men VO so maybe 90% you'll be with a lady VO.
2. Dress properly. my husband went in formal clothes and the VO commented on how he was looking professional and she liked that. so that's another thing to keep in mind.
3. if your case is genuine, it'll be approved for sure!
4. maintain eye contact at all times
5. just relax and be comfortable, please don't panic.
6. with my husband it was like rapid fire but he took his time to answer. don't fumble, just be confident and answer truthfully.

Hope it helps those who are waiting for interview. It's so so hard to wait I know, been there, done that but believe me when it happens you'll feel so much better.
Lastly, i just want to say such a big THANK YOU to everyone who always answered my questions. it really helped me in those situations.
Hello Love4Life,

Please suggest how you picked the interpretor. Please guide us. Thank you.

love4life

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 19, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 17, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25, 2016
Interview........
May 18, 2016
Passport Req..
May 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2016
LANDED..........
July 9, 2016
kite said:
Hello Love4Life,

Please suggest how you picked the interpretor. Please guide us. Thank you.
Guys, honestly my husband just called the number in the email and asked for an interpretor. Depends what your mother tongue is. so he was given one interpretor. He didn't get to choose himself. But luckily his interpretor turned out really good.

kite

Star Member
Dec 17, 2015
love4life said:
Guys, honestly my husband just called the number in the email and asked for an interpretor. Depends what your mother tongue is. so he was given one interpretor. He didn't get to choose himself. But luckily his interpretor turned out really good.
Thank you. Which organization he picked out of 3 given in letter.

ap1988

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-08-2014
File Transfer...
Jan-10-2015
Med's Request
Nov-04-2015 (re-med)
Med's Done....
Nov-07-2015 (re-meds done)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Sent - May-24-2016 | Received May-29-2016
VISA ISSUED...
May-17-2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Hey guys, I saw my status change from in process to Decision made today...

anyone know how long b4 i receive my passport request email?

love4life

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 19, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov 17, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25, 2016
Interview........
May 18, 2016
Passport Req..
May 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6,2016
LANDED..........
July 9, 2016
ap1988 said:

very soon! i would guess by the end of next week or so.

priya_7

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Interview........
Recommended as per GCMS
Passport Req..
Soon I hope!
VISA ISSUED...
Sooner !!
ap1988 said:

AWesome!! congrats!! It can be anywhere from 2 days to 2 months. There are people waiting for over a month now after DM. But it seems like NDVO is working on 2014/15 files now so could be sooner too. Goodluck!

visa visa

Feb 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
rupjatpura1 said:
Hello everybody i have to ask one thing...

As i through interview on 15/05/16, and i got a medical appointment on 23rd may. Plz let me know how long it could take after medical? And what is criminality and background check do they do this in number of countries u visited in ur whole life or what.
Thanks
I gave my medicals directly to the VO and she told me it would take around 3 weeks for them to complete security and criminality checks

k.kaur

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
ap1988 said:

congrats ap1988..ur status change give some hope to us also.
u ll definitely get ppr within week..best of luck

Jassjot2014

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
10 Dec 2014
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
27 Nov 2014
Med's Request
Remed requested on 28 Sep 2015 only chest X-ray and full remedical on 8 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Remed sent on 2 October 2015 and full remedical sent on 13 Feb 2016
Interview........
Waived According to the notes
Passport Req..
7 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Got passport back with visa on 11 March 2016
LANDED..........
21 March 2016
ap1988 said:

Hi
Congrats when my status changes into DM then next day I got my PPR I wish same thing happens to you best of luck man and keep checking your inbox for PPR email

Regards
Jassjot2014

moga_PB29

Jun 12, 2015
Brampton,Ontario
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
26 November 2014
Nomination.....
March 2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1: Feb 2015 , AOR 2: April 2015
Med's Request
May 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2014 and May 2016
Interview........
approved/waived
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
LANDED..........
August 2016
I have completed RE-MEDICAL (requested by CHC New Delhi AFTER INTERVIEW / APPLICATION APPROVAL), sent e-medical tracking receipt to CHC New Delhi (NDVO) by DTDC Courier.

DTDC Courier online tracking status shows courier delivered. I am fed up with spouse PR Immigration process. I am November 2014 applicant.

I have 11 months clean CANADA Travel history and I had already submitted Canada PCC from RCMP along with India PCC.
How much time CHC New Delhi takes to check foreign travel history / verify Canada PCC ?

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
SA: 25-02-2015 / AOR 2: April 10th 2015
File Transfer...
Feb 25 2015 ---- FILE IN PROCESS APRIL 7TH 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
moga_PB29 said:
I have completed RE-MEDICAL (requested by CHC New Delhi AFTER INTERVIEW / APPLICATION APPROVAL), sent e-medical tracking receipt to CHC New Delhi (NDVO) by DTDC Courier.

DTDC Courier online tracking status shows courier delivered. I am fed up with spouse PR Immigration process. I am November 2014 applicant.

I have 11 months clean CANADA Travel history and I had already submitted Canada PCC from RCMP along with India PCC.
How much time CHC New Delhi takes to check foreign travel history / verify Canada PCC ?
Bro It will take a month or two to completely get background check done anytime it is outside of India. Good thing is that your application is approved, sooner or later you will be together. Meanwhile please pray for ppl still waiting for interviews!!!!

Goodluck!

anji536

Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2014
Med's Request
oct 2014
Med's Done....
oct 2014
Interview........
april 13, 2016
moga_PB29 said:

Hi how did u do ur rcmp check. And how long did it take to come back

anji536

Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2014
Doc's Request.
Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2014
Med's Request
oct 2014
Med's Done....
oct 2014
Interview........
april 13, 2016
moga_PB29 said:

And ya it takes sometimes a month or more to do everything after interview. Unless they have done evrything else for u or u r super lucky.its quicker.my husband and i appeard for interview on 13 april and went to do rcmp fingerprints again on 28 april.we havnt heard anything yet .our mp said evrything is cleared and they are just waiting on rcmp

jagga

Feb 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
10 June 2014
Med's Request
2 feb 2016- remedical
Med's Done....
5 feb 2016-remedical
Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
moga_PB29 said:

hi bro, i would suggest you to do case specific enquiry. It would help to get some idea about your file. Make sure if you applied through consultant, they ll only reply to authorize representative on file.thanks.

shanidbest

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 12, 2014
Doc's Request.
Oct. 16, 2015
AOR Received.
SA Mar. 04, 2015
File Transfer...
IP: Oct. 02, 2015
Interview........
June 16, 2016
Passport Req..
July 05, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 09, 2016
LANDED..........
July 15, 2016
Hello fellow members,

I have a question for those who went through interview or are going for it soon. Are you going to be using/Have you used an Interpreter? Are you fluent/professional level in English? Do you have high education degree like Dr., Engineer, etc.? Was it done in English medium?

I am asking these many questions as members of my family are in little bit of conflict right now about using interpreter. My wife is from Gujarat. She has studied in English medium and has also completed B.D.S. in English medium. Some members are saying that when she has education like this it might be a bad impression on VO if she uses interpreter (as being Doctor (Dentist) and such). On the other side, some members (including my wife) do not want to take any chances, so want to use interpreter in the interview.

Please answer the questions and help me out. If you want, you can PM me the answers and your advice.
Thanks a lot