Interview........
Oct 12th, 2015 passed, remedial request on same day
Passport Req..
Nov 2nd, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 6, 2015
LANDED..........
waiting
Congrats to all who have got the visa bringing an end to this terrible wait.

Please keep us in your prayers. Hoping to see some light in this darkness :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

clueless2

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
22 July 2014
File Transfer...
07 Aug 2014
Interview........
why?
Passport Req..
should have been 6 months ago.
VISA ISSUED...
seriously.... still no visa!!!!
LANDED..........
ahhhhhh.....?
fiza11 said:
Congrats to all who have got the visa bringing an end to this terrible wait.

Please keep us in your prayers. Hoping to see some light in this darkness :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have lost all hope. I am moving to India next month. Hoping that I get that long visa for India now. They have changed the rules for Indian visa too :'( :'( :'( :'(

fiza11

Nov 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-2014
File Transfer...
June 25, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 2014, remedical without request March 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov 2nd, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 6, 2015
LANDED..........
waiting
clueless2 said:
I have lost all hope. I am moving to India next month. Hoping that I get that long visa for India now. They have changed the rules for Indian visa too :'( :'( :'( :'(
I can't even go back.......have no vacation left :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(. can't even leave job... without job how am I supposed to survive and pay off my mortgage?

what a mess I am in. All thanks to NDVO for ruining my life :'( :'( :'( :'(

clueless2

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
22 July 2014
File Transfer...
07 Aug 2014
Interview........
why?
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ahhhhhh.....?
fiza11 said:
I can't even go back.......have no vacation left :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(. can't even leave job... without job how am I supposed to survive and pay off my mortgage?

what a mess I am in. All thanks to NDVO for ruining my life :'( :'( :'( :'(
I have two jobs part time and full time. I am resigning from both. Good thing I did not buy a house yet though I was so close to putting down a down payment. But I finally decided after 1.5 years of wait its about time to go back now. Because they count 16 months from the day they receive the file so from aug 7 when they received my file, 16 months is on 7 dec. :'( :'( :'( :'(

fiza11

Nov 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-2014
File Transfer...
June 25, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 2014, remedical without request March 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov 2nd, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 6, 2015
LANDED..........
waiting
clueless2 said:
I have two jobs part time and full time. I am resigning from both. Good thing I did not buy a house yet though I was so close to putting down a down payment. But I finally decided after 1.5 years of wait its about time to go back now. Because they count 16 months from the day they receive the file so from aug 7 when they received my file, 16 months is on 7 dec. :'( :'( :'( :'(
I am into my 13+ month. File was transferred on June 9th and received AOR2 from New Delhi on June 25th. Till date no further communication. Not sure what should I do?

Even with 16 month processing timeline I should have atleast got my interview letter since they need to give 30 days notice. They have send letters for Feb and march applicants, their interview happened in May. Avneet already got her visa on June 6th

Why they are not issuing anything for April? Where is teh hold up? Don't know what in the world are they doing....god please show some mercy on us :'( :'(

clueless2

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 May 2014
AOR Received.
22 July 2014
File Transfer...
07 Aug 2014
Interview........
why?
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ahhhhhh.....?
fiza11 said:
I am into my 13+ month. File was transferred on June 9th and received AOR2 from New Delhi on June 25th. Till date no further communication. Not sure what should I do?

Even with 16 month processing timeline I should have atleast got my interview letter since they need to give 30 days notice. They have send letters for Feb and march applicants, their interview happened in May. Avneet already got her visa on June 6th

Why they are not issuing anything for April? Where is teh hold up? Don't know what in the world are they doing....god please show some mercy on us :'( :'(
yes and because of this reason i wrote to the case specific inquiry people and this is what they wrote:

This is in response to your email dated June 19th, 2015 inquiring about the status of your sponsorship application (F000******).

Please be advised that the application is still within average processing time for permanent residence application under the family class processed in the New Delhi Visa office. Please note that the average processing time is currently 16 months. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp)

These are not “Standard” processing times and are subject to change.

Please understand that the visa office usually does not respond to status queries when the application is within the processing times indicated on the web site. But rest assured that the visa office will contact you for the next stage of processing of the file or if they need additional information/documents.

Joe.g

Jul 1, 2015
VM.WK said:
For Canada day I got the biggest gift... We got a passport request... Thank you so much guys for giving hope. All the June applicants please don't loose hope. This summer you all will hear something too. Happy Canada Day
Congrats !! May u have a safe journey and ur passport comes back soon. Question : did you get a call for a re medical .. if yes plz elaborate ... cheerz

gameon87

Jun 16, 2015
Can you please clarify what you mean by "they have given me a multiple entry trv visa and cancelled it again". They issued visa and then cancelled it?

Maggy2023 said:
hii alll

i recently applied for trv...to my bad luck they have given me a multiple entry trv visa and cancelled it again. so can any one who applied for trv and ur visa is approved can u please send ur cover letters or invitation letters... i have made a new one but still am not much satisfied with the online formats and i dont wana miss a chance this time. I hope you all can understand my pain. hope to recieve some response...

i know u might not feel like trusting me or something ....you can edit ur personal details names , phone numbers and all.. am just asking a help to make my letter perfect this time ...i know it might look odd but dont know whom to ask or what to do as i dont know anyone else in canada other than you people in forum... may be i dont know u personally but just knew that we all are in same boat...vth diff timelines...

thank you...

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
YYC787 said:
First off, congrats to everyone whose applications have moved forward. Its an extremely long process...my wife and I were not able to stay apart for even 2 months, and I know so many people have been apart far longer than that. We were lucky enough to get TRV applications approved not once, but twice!!

We applied for my wife's PR in September 2014, and she is in Canada right now on a TRV which is valid until her passport expires. She of course can't stay longer than 6 months at a time, but I anticipate that her PR should come before that time expires. Worst case, we'll just apply to have her visit extended.

I was reading natrajs35's post (congrats once again!), and it seems that their situation is similar to ours. We have not had any contact with CIC, and my wife's medical results expire later this month.

I realize most of what I am about to ask has been asked already, so please forgive me.

• Should we go ahead and get her medical exam re-done before it expires? Or should we wait until CIC requests them again?

• I have been reading on this forum that when CIC sends you the PPR, you have the choice to send your passport to either New Delhi or Ottawa, if the applicant is already in Canada (on a TRV or a work/student visa), EVEN IF the application was sent outland.

I called the CIC call center to ask if this was true, and I was told that its not. Apparently we are supposed to write to NDVO asking that the file be transferred to Ottawa, and IF the request is approved, then it will take time for all the paperwork to be transferred. The call center agent made it seem like its better to just send the passport to NDVO.

We have decided to just wait for the PPR, and if the letter says it can be sent to Ottawa, we'll do that.

So what is the truth? Can anyone post a sample PPR letter (with their details removed/redacted?) so I can see what their wording is? Can the passport actually be sent to Ottawa?

• This is along the same lines as the last question, and someone can correct me if I am wrong. But as far as I understand it, when my wife first officially enters Canada as a permanent resident, she is allowed to bring as much stuff as she wants duty free, correct?

If we send the passport to Ottawa, and then drive to the US border and back to complete her landing, would she "lose" this right? In other words, she has some clothes and stuff still back home in India. So if we go with the US border route, would that be "wasting" or "using" that first "duty free" entry? I had asked the CIC call center about this too, but the agent had no idea, and said I should check with CBSA.

Thanks!

Hi,

First of all, don't believe everything that the call center rep tells you. They are often found to lack knowledge or give misleading info.
I was here in Canada for the entire process. I received PPR when I was here and had no issues getting the visa from Ottawa. The transfer of file happens internally. and overall it took less than 2 weeks to get passport back.

You can do flag poling at US border. And
No u will not lose the benefits of first entry. you have to declare your "accompanying goods" and "goods to follow" as 2 separate lists.

Here are the details
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp

Refer this thread on how to prepare B4 forms
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

pjot88

May 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Hello friends...
Got medical reassessment request today.the letter states This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
>
>
>
> The results of initial medical examinations for you have expired*.* In
> order to provide your application with an updated validity we require
> following additional medical examination(s) *for you*:
>
> - Chest Xray (in DICOM / JPEG format) with report (in PDF)
> - Completed MEDICAL REPORT CHEST X-RAY REQUISITION AND REPORT form
> (Page 5 and 6 of IMM5419) (in PDF)
Please let me know if I have to go only for chest x-Ray or is it d full remedical they are asking for?
Plz reply at d earliest.
Thanks

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17 Jan 2015, SA: 30 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
pjot88 said:
Hello friends...
Got medical reassessment request today.the letter states This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
>
>
>
> The results of initial medical examinations for you have expired*.* In
> order to provide your application with an updated validity we require
> following additional medical examination(s) *for you*:
>
> - Chest Xray (in DICOM / JPEG format) with report (in PDF)
> - Completed MEDICAL REPORT CHEST X-RAY REQUISITION AND REPORT form
> (Page 5 and 6 of IMM5419) (in PDF)
Please let me know if I have to go only for chest x-Ray or is it d full remedical they are asking for?
Plz reply at d earliest.
Thanks
When you do re-medical without CIC request, you will have to do full medicals.

When you get the re-medical request from CIC, the letter clearly says what are the tests to be done. ie. You have to do only the tests (X-ray n others mentioned) told by CIC in their letter. That is the advantage of re-medical with CIC request.

So take the letter you received from CIC to a CIC Panel Physician along with your original passport.

Sashee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
AOR Received.
9-09-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
May 2014
Interview........
Waived!!!
VISA ISSUED...
I pray very soon!!
Hi pijot,
It's only for chest X-ray,just take the letter to physician panel,and they will do the needful.

Good luck

Sashee

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
AOR Received.
9-09-2014
File Transfer...
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
May 2014
Interview........
Waived!!!
VISA ISSUED...
I pray very soon!!
Congratulations to all those people who got IPs,DM,and visa and best wishes for your married life.

for those whose file hasn't moved forward,don't loose hope,I know it's not easy coz every day feels like a burden,but we have no choice my friends,all we can do is pray to god and have patience and high spirit.I sincerely pray for everyone of us here in this forum and hope all of us get soon with our spouses..

d4d

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
got new set of notes today.

Major update is under assessments:
eligibility: Passed
Security: <BLANK>
Criminality: Passes
Medical: In progress.

as for the medical, we did receive remed notice so that makes sense. I dont know why the security status went from Not Started to a blank. Also does this mean that we no longer have to worry about resubmitting PCC?

d4d

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking of email the case specific email address one more time with the remed information as even though i sent it earlier, there is no mention of it in the notes. is it ok to refer to the notes in that email stating that it is missing even though it was forwarded to them?

considering everything else is passed except medical, i am hoping this would help our file get into PPR after they correct the medical.