22-Sept-2014
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
natrajs35 said:
NDVO contacted my number in Canada and they asked for my wife. However I already changed my wife's mobile number to Canadian number but it was not updated in the records it seems. Yes I get the mail, I will be submitting the passport to Ottawa office and crossing US border
So they email the passport request?????

bindu.ice

May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
waiting
natrajs35 said:
My wife was told that she will be receiving an email for passport request some time today. Still we are waiting...
Good luck .. Seems things started moving quickly after Canada Day :) :)

skca4600

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd Feb 2014
Doc's Request.
Imm 5669 (Q 8 &12) on 8th Oct, 14...sent and received at NDVO on 13th Oct
AOR Received.
26th Feb 2014
File Transfer...
28th Feb 2014
Med's Done....
13th Jan 2014, 9th Apr 2015
Interview........
22nd April 2015
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 13th June 2015
LANDED..........
4th July 2015.
So we finally got the shiny visa today, she is flying here on Friday.

Patience pays of.

Thanks to all.

sunny6359

Aug 29, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 6, 2014
File Transfer...
In Process from Aug 17,2015
Med's Done....
September, 2015
Passport Req..
DM on Oct 30, 2015. Waiting for PPR
congrats everyone with updates.. whenever there is new update, not only applicant, but whole forum gets happy. New hope gets born ;D

YYC787

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
19-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
In Process since 12-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Sent 18-Sep-2015...never received. Re-sent 17-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014; Remeds done Dec 2015
Interview........
WAIVED acc to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
20-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent; waiting...
First off, congrats to everyone whose applications have moved forward. Its an extremely long process...my wife and I were not able to stay apart for even 2 months, and I know so many people have been apart far longer than that. We were lucky enough to get TRV applications approved not once, but twice!!

We applied for my wife's PR in September 2014, and she is in Canada right now on a TRV which is valid until her passport expires. She of course can't stay longer than 6 months at a time, but I anticipate that her PR should come before that time expires. Worst case, we'll just apply to have her visit extended.

I was reading natrajs35's post (congrats once again!), and it seems that their situation is similar to ours. We have not had any contact with CIC, and my wife's medical results expire later this month.

I realize most of what I am about to ask has been asked already, so please forgive me.

• Should we go ahead and get her medical exam re-done before it expires? Or should we wait until CIC requests them again?

• I have been reading on this forum that when CIC sends you the PPR, you have the choice to send your passport to either New Delhi or Ottawa, if the applicant is already in Canada (on a TRV or a work/student visa), EVEN IF the application was sent outland.

I called the CIC call center to ask if this was true, and I was told that its not. Apparently we are supposed to write to NDVO asking that the file be transferred to Ottawa, and IF the request is approved, then it will take time for all the paperwork to be transferred. The call center agent made it seem like its better to just send the passport to NDVO.

We have decided to just wait for the PPR, and if the letter says it can be sent to Ottawa, we'll do that.

So what is the truth? Can anyone post a sample PPR letter (with their details removed/redacted?) so I can see what their wording is? Can the passport actually be sent to Ottawa?

• This is along the same lines as the last question, and someone can correct me if I am wrong. But as far as I understand it, when my wife first officially enters Canada as a permanent resident, she is allowed to bring as much stuff as she wants duty free, correct?

If we send the passport to Ottawa, and then drive to the US border and back to complete her landing, would she "lose" this right? In other words, she has some clothes and stuff still back home in India. So if we go with the US border route, would that be "wasting" or "using" that first "duty free" entry? I had asked the CIC call center about this too, but the agent had no idea, and said I should check with CBSA.

Thanks!

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17 Jan 2015, SA: 30 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
GCMS Notes and Codes

The Coding Kit, is the official list of codes used by CIC in the processing of CAIPS/GCMS files.

The notes entered in the CAIPS/GCMS system by an Immigration officer are in English (may be in French for Quebec immigrants), easy to understand and provide very useful information. However some of the codes used within the CAIPS/GCMS file may be difficult to interpret.

The Coding Kit provides assistance in the interpretation of the file in these circumstances.

Codes https://goo.gl/TayjAk

Sample GCMS Note https://goo.gl/QrKkYR

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Blr said:
GCMS Notes Codes

The Coding Kit, is the official list of codes used by CIC in the processing of CAIPS/GCMS files.

The notes entered in the CAIPS/GCMS system by an Immigration officer are in English (may be in French for Quebec immigrants), easy to understand and provide very useful information. However some of the codes used within the CAIPS/GCMS file may be difficult to interpret.

The Coding Kit provides assistance in the interpretation of the file in these circumstances.

https://goo.gl/TayjAk
This is a gem of a find Blr +1 for you :)

sunnycool

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2015 In process.....: 04-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2014 Remedical......: 23-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
YYC787 said:
First off, congrats to everyone whose applications have moved forward. Its an extremely long process...my wife and I were not able to stay apart for even 2 months, and I know so many people have been apart far longer than that. We were lucky enough to get TRV applications approved not once, but twice!!

We applied for my wife's PR in September 2014, and she is in Canada right now on a TRV which is valid until her passport expires. She of course can't stay longer than 6 months at a time, but I anticipate that her PR should come before that time expires. Worst case, we'll just apply to have her visit extended.

I was reading natrajs35's post (congrats once again!), and it seems that their situation is similar to ours. We have not had any contact with CIC, and my wife's medical results expire later this month.

I realize most of what I am about to ask has been asked already, so please forgive me.

• Should we go ahead and get her medical exam re-done before it expires? Or should we wait until CIC requests them again?

• I have been reading on this forum that when CIC sends you the PPR, you have the choice to send your passport to either New Delhi or Ottawa, if the applicant is already in Canada (on a TRV or a work/student visa), EVEN IF the application was sent outland.

I called the CIC call center to ask if this was true, and I was told that its not. Apparently we are supposed to write to NDVO asking that the file be transferred to Ottawa, and IF the request is approved, then it will take time for all the paperwork to be transferred. The call center agent made it seem like its better to just send the passport to NDVO.

We have decided to just wait for the PPR, and if the letter says it can be sent to Ottawa, we'll do that.

So what is the truth? Can anyone post a sample PPR letter (with their details removed/redacted?) so I can see what their wording is? Can the passport actually be sent to Ottawa?

• This is along the same lines as the last question, and someone can correct me if I am wrong. But as far as I understand it, when my wife first officially enters Canada as a permanent resident, she is allowed to bring as much stuff as she wants duty free, correct?

If we send the passport to Ottawa, and then drive to the US border and back to complete her landing, would she "lose" this right? In other words, she has some clothes and stuff still back home in India. So if we go with the US border route, would that be "wasting" or "using" that first "duty free" entry? I had asked the CIC call center about this too, but the agent had no idea, and said I should check with CBSA.

Thanks!
This how PPR looks like.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18DfDAp7sgO0t-0lHUEhjhPilNdFiQkVv6s1j3vZcITQ/edit?pli=1

sunnycool

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2015 In process.....: 04-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2014 Remedical......: 23-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
Blr said:
GCMS Notes and Codes

Codes https://goo.gl/TayjAk

Sample GCMS Note https://goo.gl/QrKkYR
Very informative. Thanks. +1

YYC787

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
19-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED acc to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
20-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
sunnycool said:
This how PPR looks like.
Thanks a lot, that helps!!

Do you know if we should re-do her medical exam, or wait until CIC asks us to? Or would she lose that first "duty free" entry if we go to the US border and re-enter Canada?

natrajs35

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
YYC787 said:

Thanks!
Yes you can submit your passport to CPC-Ottawa if your spouse's current visa status is valid for atleast 3 months and there is no paper document required from NDVO to do that. One of my colleague who works with me did the same thing few months ago and his passport got stamped without any issues

YYC787

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
19-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED acc to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
20-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
natrajs35 said:
Yes you can submit your passport to CPC-Ottawa if your spouse's current visa status is valid for atleast 3 months and there is no paper document required from NDVO to do that. One of my colleague who works with me did the same thing few months ago and his passport got stamped without any issues
Ok, thanks. Yeah her visa is valid for few years, so all good there. Her visit was only for 6 months, but we just took a trip to the US recently, so in that regard, she can stay until December. As long as we get her PPR before October, then we're fine, and even then, worst case we can just apply for an extension if we have to and just say her PR is approved, we just are waiting for the visa.

Do you know how long it took for your coworker's passport to come back from Ottawa? What is their processing time for this?

Also, any updates on your PPR? :)

natrajs35

Star Member
Jan 26, 2014
YYC787 said:
Ok, thanks. Yeah her visa is valid for few years, so all good there. Her visit was only for 6 months, but we just took a trip to the US recently, so in that regard, she can stay until December. As long as we get her PPR before October, then we're fine, and even then, worst case we can just apply for an extension if we have to and just say her PR is approved, we just are waiting for the visa.

Do you know how long it took for your coworker's passport to come back from Ottawa? What is their processing time for this?

Also, any updates on your PPR? :)
It entirely depends on Ottawa office work load. For my friend it took 2 weeks to receive his passport back. I am still waiting for my mail to arrive. Hopefully sooner...

Maggy2023

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
Doc's Request.
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
27-03-2015
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2014
Interview........
HOPEFULLY NO
Passport Req..
07-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
ON TRV AUGUST 4TH 2015 and Returned back on 6th December2015
hii alll

i recently applied for trv...to my bad luck they have given me a multiple entry trv visa and cancelled it again. so can any one who applied for trv and ur visa is approved can u please send ur cover letters or invitation letters... i have made a new one but still am not much satisfied with the online formats and i dont wana miss a chance this time. I hope you all can understand my pain. hope to recieve some response...

i know u might not feel like trusting me or something ....you can edit ur personal details names , phone numbers and all.. am just asking a help to make my letter perfect this time ...i know it might look odd but dont know whom to ask or what to do as i dont know anyone else in canada other than you people in forum... may be i dont know u personally but just knew that we all are in same boat...vth diff timelines...

thank you...