Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2014
LANDED..........
21-12-2014
sbag_in said:
hey guys.
i am an old member and I see a lot of new faces here. have not been around lately as i was too worried actually.
but my wife just got DM and PPR today. i was helped a lot, thanx to this forum.. hope i can be more regular from now on and help others as i should.... thank u all from the bottom of my heart... and oh yeah....

OMG... OMG.... OMG... OMG...

yours,
SAMMY
Congrats :) did your status change directly from AR to DM?

Geet88

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-June,2014
AOR Received.
19-08-2014
File Transfer...
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Ip since 22 Dec,2014
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon
sbag_in said:
hey guys.
i am an old member and I see a lot of new faces here. have not been around lately as i was too worried actually.
but my wife just got DM and PPR today. i was helped a lot, thanx to this forum.. hope i can be more regular from now on and help others as i should.... thank u all from the bottom of my heart... and oh yeah....

Many many congratulations
yours,
SAMMY

dpatel

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
05-03-2014
satbeerus2001 said:
honeymann

I have interrogated this question in microscopic detail while my file was in process. After talking to a bunch of lawyers, I got the basic message: Ideally the sponsor has to reside in Canada while the PR file, not only the sponsorship process, is in process.

However, if the need may arise, the sponsor is obviously allowed to leave Canada but it should ideally NOT exceed 1 month. If it is 1 month or more than that then issue of varying degrees may arise which includes they may just ask you the reason for this trip.

Finally, you have to make sure that when you land in Canada as a PR, either the sponsor MUST be present in Canada or she should be at least on a flight with you. This one is CRITICAL

This is my experience and knowledge.

Hope this helps
Hi Satbeerus,

I think it won't be an issue if the sponsor is a Canadian citizen (not sure about Canadian PR). However after looking at various posts on the forum regarding a sponsor travelling to the spouse country. Won't create any issues if the trips are 1 Or 2 months. He/she may travel after After sponsor is approved. Think about from other perspective - lets say the "sponsored person" is from another country whose processing time are more than 15 months (for e.g. pakistan's process is 36 months), so does that mean that the sponsor can't visit her for more than 1 months? Or they have to travel every year for one month to see their spouse?

Regarding the questions about the purpose of travel, it is a generic question that CBSA officer asks if u r out of country for more than 1 or 2 months. For personal experience, I have travelled to india when I wasn't married after completing my college for 3 months for vacation. When I returned they asked me the purpose of travel as I was gone for 3 months. I simply said that I completed my college and before finding a job I wanted some time off as no company would give me a time off for more than a month.

Now, I am travelling to india to see my wife (end of november) and planning to bring her along with me (end of Jan 2015) when I return as we are early May applicant and looking at the trends in the forum, she will be getting her visa soon. If they do ask questions then it won't be a problem as I wanted to see my wife, and plus I will be graduating in 2 weeks from university (so wanted a time off with my wife before we get busy with our jobs).

My sincere apologises if you feel that I don't agree with your views. However, I COMPLETELY AGREE with the point that the sponsor must be in Canada or atleast returning back with the sponsored person to Canada together.

Cheers,
DPatel

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
sunnycool said:
Congratulations :). Yes, you should come in here once in a while to help the new members.
yes... i will from now on.

thanx everyone.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
dpatel said:
Hi Satbeerus,

I think it won't be an issue if the sponsor is a Canadian citizen (not sure about Canadian PR). However after looking at various posts on the forum regarding a sponsor travelling to the spouse country. Won't create any issues if the trips are 1 Or 2 months. He/she may travel after After sponsor is approved. Think about from other perspective - lets say the "sponsored person" is from another country whose processing time are more than 15 months (for e.g. pakistan's process is 36 months), so does that mean that the sponsor can't visit her for more than 1 months? Or they have to travel every year for one month to see their spouse?

Regarding the questions about the purpose of travel, it is a generic question that CBSA officer asks if u r out of country for more than 1 or 2 months. For personal experience, I have travelled to india when I wasn't married after completing my college for 3 months for vacation. When I returned they asked me the purpose of travel as I was gone for 3 months. I simply said that I completed my college and before finding a job I wanted some time off as no company would give me a time off for more than a month.

Now, I am travelling to india to see my wife (end of november) and planning to bring her along with me (end of Jan 2015) when I return as we are early May applicant and looking at the trends in the forum, she will be getting her visa soon. If they do ask questions then it won't be a problem as I wanted to see my wife, and plus I will be graduating in 2 weeks from university (so wanted a time off with my wife before we get busy with our jobs).

My sincere apologises if you feel that I don't agree with your views. However, I COMPLETELY AGREE with the point that the sponsor must be in Canada or atleast returning back with the sponsored person to Canada together.

Cheers,
DPatel
a canadian citizen can travel outside canada at any point. he/she can actually apply from outside canada. a pr must remain in canada, until he/she gets sponsorship approval. and then there is no clear cut guideline on the timeframe of how long one can be outside canada. when the applicant lands in canada it is advisable that the sponsor is also travelling with him/her or is already in canada. but there is no way an immigration officer can find out if the sponsor is in canada or not if the applicant does not disclose it. but the sponsor not being in canada when the applicant lands is basically unheard of.

bottomline if u r a PR travel after u get sa. if u r a citizen u can travel anytime. moreover when a pr or a citizen returns to canada now-a-days, its all mechanised. u don't need to meet any cbsa official under ordinay circumstances. at least that was the case with me. hope this helps..

sammy

Sheen1990

Jun 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 june 2014
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval- 8 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
NDVO Approval - 27 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS - 7 dec
Passport Req..
PPR - 7 January
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - 8 January
LANDED..........
:)
sbag_in said:
hey guys.

yours,
SAMMY
Manny manny congratulaions sbag, gyaab hi hojate o. I m
The old face only hehe . Wish u hapieee married life ;) :)

amansanghera

Oct 26, 2014
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2014
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
File Transfer...
Sep 2014
Med's Done....
march
Passport Req..
Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
congrats who got ppr and visa today
wish u a happy married life

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
Shining Moon said:
I, like most of the people on this forum, understand how does it feel frustration, anxiety, depression, all mixed together. I had explained everything to my wife BEFORE I got my PNP, but she wasn't able to come to india as she and her family too lives out of india and her nieces and other kids didn t have vacation in that time. So I waited about almost about a year after the point when I thought I should have her added in my PNP application( and 6months after I got my pr) and then when I got married I came to know some technical issues with her case which I couldn't get answered any where. And it took 8months for me to decide if I want to hire an agent or I want to apply by myself. Then I applied in August 1st. They received my application on August 7th and then they emailed me saying they updated new version of Undertaking on August 1st ITSELF!! and they asked me to send them new copy. Since my wife lives outside india and even air parcel takes about 15 -20 days to get the parcel, Somehow I managed to get her sign back on the form in 8-9 days and applied once again which was received on Sep 15th, but then they processed my SA in 15 days and transferred her file to NDVO on Sep30th and I am still in the waiting game. But in the mean time I am going back to india to celebrate my birthday(first after my mrg) and mrg anniversary...

So just believe whatever it takes it takes it for good. Somewhere somehow and someday it will be solved. Although NDVO seems working in random pattern. It just guessing, they might have some particular way of working nobody knows.

nd lastly, I hv seen that day too when I lost my status in Canada and I lost my job and I had only few days to get everything solved and it sorted out positively so this time I am at ease and have lot of patience... Just pray!
WOW! Kudos to you for holding on!!!!! Wish you the very very best!

vk1810

Sep 22, 2014
punjab
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-05-2014, 28-05-2014
File Transfer...
15-05-2014
Med's Done....
march 2014
sbag_in said:
hey guys.

yours,
SAMMY
Omg....I am sooooo happy for you...congratulations. ...u have given me a new hope....did u apply from mississauga?

Supr14

Jul 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-01-2014
File Transfer...
17-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-12-2013
hi
Is there any Jan applicant left or I'm the only one waiting for an update from NDVO? :( :eek:

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
Sheen1990 said:
Manny manny congratulaions sbag, gyaab hi hojate o. I m
The old face only hehe . Wish u hapieee married life ;) :)
hi sheen.. thank u so much.. yeah.. i was out of the forum for quite sometime...
nice to hear from you though... :) :) :) :)

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
vk1810 said:
Omg....I am sooooo happy for you...congratulations. ...u have given me a new hope....did u apply from mississauga?

yes vk i applied via CPC MISSISSAUGA and thank u so much for the wishes.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
Supr14 said:
hi
Is there any Jan applicant left or I'm the only one waiting for an update from NDVO? :( :eek:
this is the spreadsheet we have for all 2014 applicants.. hope this helps..
wishing for u to get some news soon...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApoaDx-HWbWGdGdFdC1VblNuNnZobi1CTFFsWUJLMkE#gid=0

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
amansanghera said:
congrats who got ppr and visa today
wish u a happy married life
thanx amansanghera.
wish u a speedy process too.

sammy

Supr14

Jul 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-01-2014
File Transfer...
17-02-2014
Med's Done....
04-12-2013
sbag_in said:
this is the spreadsheet we have for all 2014 applicants.. hope this helps..
wishing for u to get some news soon...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApoaDx-HWbWGdGdFdC1VblNuNnZobi1CTFFsWUJLMkE#gid=0
thanks