Interview........
None
Passport Req..
14-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
09-Jan-2015
There has been no DM issued to anyone in this forum since May 30, 2015. Very little movement in terms of IP as well....

Surely there has to be a reason why there is such delay here. I mean, anyone have a clue as to what is happening?

By this time last year, all 2013 September applicants had got IP...and last year was supposed to be a slow rate... :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

ARPC123

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27th Jul 2014
AOR Received.
19th Sep 2014
File Transfer...
19th Sep 2014; In Process: 14th Aug 2015
Med's Done....
13th Jun 2014; Re-medical: 17th Aug 2015
Passport Req..
07th Oct 2015;
VISA ISSUED...
15th Oct 2015; Decision Made: 15th Oct 2015
d4d said:
someone on the NDVO whatsapp group shared this. I asked him if i could post it here as well and he agreed. Here is the link for sample invitation letter, cover letter plus sample enquiry letter if anyone needs it.

let me know if anyone has trouble viewing it.
Hello d4d,
Thank you very much for sharing....

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
isandhu08 said:
I looked on website couldn't find anything like that , if you dont mind can you send link where I can find this ,, would be thankful
Here is the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

If I live outside Canada, may I sponsor?

If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad.

fiza11

Nov 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-2014
File Transfer...
June 25, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 2014, remedical without request March 2015
Interview........
Oct 12th, 2015 passed, remedial request on same day
Passport Req..
Nov 2nd, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 6, 2015
LANDED..........
waiting
Has anyone from April received their Interview letter? Please update :'( :'( :'(

d4d

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
innosense said:
Here is the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

If I live outside Canada, may I sponsor?

If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad.
So, I got into a bit of this situation and I would like to share what happens in this situation. At the time of application, you are suppose to be in Canada and when you submit your proofs of communication etc, and travel history, they check to see if the sponsor is really in canada or not. In my case, I travel for work (i own a business in Canada with projects running overseas). I met my wife on these business trips and got engaged. got married 10-11 months later and even after that we stayed together as i was stationed outside of canada for major portion of the year. We even applied for spousal immigration almost 1.5 years later because at the time, we werent in a hurry and in the past, my relatives have gotten the immigration in 3-4 months, so we were unaware of the extended period they take now.
So, coming back to the point, they check your application and if they see you were outside of Canada even before applying and had jsut moved back to Canada to file the papers, they will send you additional documents request. The main thing they ask in this is your resettlement plans in Canada i.e. they want to see a job offer letter or employment letter staying that you are back in canada working. Secondly, they want your rental lease or house paper stating you have residency in Canada.

In case where you have already filed and waiting. you could get away with quiting your job and moving back to be with your spouse provided you dont end up with an interview where they can dig deeper. Very few ever send updates once the application is received to NDVO. so, they assume that nothing has changed since then.

as for the time limit you can be away, as long as you are really not moving away (like quiting your job, vacating your house to move back) you should be fine. there is no set of rules regarding that but you have to justify it when asked.

I know its hard to be away without your spouse, especially when you are newly married. Not to mention there is always the family and relatives pressure and constant interference which makes it even worse. However, my advice would be to take a little extra monetary hit and plan multiple smaller vacations. 1 month here, a weeks in christmas etc etc.

august10

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 27 2014
AOR Received.
February 11 2015
File Transfer...
February 24 2015
Med's Done....
September 17th 2014
Hello everyone. Iam an October applicant . I went to visit my husband on May for a month and just came 2 weeks ago . I have been a silent reader as iam so low and depressed after coming back from my holidays . Everyone keeps asking how much longer you have to wait for the processing ? And trust me I have no answer. It's all a guess and luck I must say . Everyone waiting for their spouse is missing out on all the precious moments that should be spent together including me :'( this long distance is killing all of us . I don't understand what are they doing ? Manila visa office is more faster . Hope and patience is the only thing that we all have. And even that is being tested .

bindu.ice

May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
waiting
Today is Canada day 8)..

Hope so from now thy will pick up faster :p

teenarchie

Jun 16, 2015
To all who are worried and patiently waiting. I know the wait is killing all of us. However as per the Canadian CIC website, they give data on how many applications have been received in each of thier Visa offices. Delhi happens to be the most busiest in the world. Please also note that there is delay in processing visa is because there is an unusual spike in applicants for May and June 2014 for spousal sponsor. Be patient is all what I have to say.

Jan 742
Feb 638
Mar 999
Apr 839
May 4447
Jun 1544
Jul 849
Aug 68
Sept 13

Hope these numbers clears the reason for delay. All you can do is WAIT.

fornaxe said:
There has been no DM issued to anyone in this forum since May 30, 2015. Very little movement in terms of IP as well....

Surely there has to be a reason why there is such delay here. I mean, anyone have a clue as to what is happening?

By this time last year, all 2013 September applicants had got IP...and last year was supposed to be a slow rate... :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

jask

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Surrey, BC Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
15-05-2014
File Transfer...
14-06-2014
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
28-10-2015
Hello everyone,
Do anybody know anything about the procedure of background check? What do they do and how long it can take?

sunnycool

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2015 In process.....: 04-09-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2014 Remedical......: 23-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
teenarchie said:
To all who are worried and patiently waiting. I know the wait is killing all of us. However as per the Canadian CIC website, they give data on how many applications have been received in each of thier Visa offices. Delhi happens to be the most busiest in the world. Please also note that there is delay in processing visa is because there is an unusual spike in applicants for May and June 2014 for spousal sponsor. Be patient is all what I have to say.

Jan 742
Feb 638
Mar 999
Apr 839
May 4447
Jun 1544
Jul 849
Aug 68
Sept 13

Hope these numbers clears the reason for delay. All you can do is WAIT.
The numbers that you have given are not correct. It seems the numbers include all the categories. There are different departments at NDVO which work on different categories. There is already a list in our New Delhi spreadsheet under "Number of Apps" tab for all the spousal applicants per month taken from the CIC website.
The link for the CIC spreadsheet is www.cic.gc.ca/opendata-donneesouvertes/data/000026-eng.xls?_ga=1.257739083.1364492485.1418918315
you need to sort it out for the "spouses partners and children" at the top.

For your information the numbers are as follows, they are not complete numbers as CIC keeps updating it quarterly.

Jan 316
Feb 317
March 446
April 591
May 690
June 707
July 624
Aug 152
Sep 412
Oct 106
Nov 2
Dec NA

The numbers are quite consistent when you compare it with the previous years. The delay seems to be because of the priority given to the Nepal applicants. Also there was a change in form for August applicants because of which many august applicants had to resubmit new forms and their new application dates moved to Sep or Oct. So the numbers are less in Aug while in Sep its more and the data for Oct to Dec are still incomplete.

bindu.ice

May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-jan-2015
AOR Received.
17-apr-2015
File Transfer...
24-mar-2015
Med's Done....
10-dec-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
waiting
Any idea when they start working on jan 15 applications

teenarchie

Jun 16, 2015
I have got these numbers from the same open Canada website. Yes you are right that this is the total number of cases in Delhi rather than spouse cases.... However the unusual spike in total numbers for May and June could be the reason for slow processing of cases. It could be a possibility. Thank you for clarifying that.

sunnycool said:
The numbers that you have given are not correct. It seems the numbers include all the categories. There are different departments at NDVO which work on different categories. There is already a list in our New Delhi spreadsheet under "Number of Apps" tab for all the spousal applicants per month taken from the CIC website.
The link for the CIC spreadsheet is
you need to sort it out for the "spouses partners and children" at the top.

For your information the numbers are as follows, they are not complete numbers as CIC keeps updating it quarterly.

Jan 316
Feb 317
March 446
April 591
May 690
June 707
July 624
Aug 152
Sep 412
Oct 106
Nov 2
Dec NA

The numbers are quite consistent when you compare it with the previous years. The delay seems to be because of the priority given to the Nepal applicants. Also there was a change in form for August applicants because of which many august applicants had to resubmit new forms and their new application dates moved to Sep or Oct. So the numbers are less in Aug while in Sep its more and the data for Oct to Dec are still incomplete.

Jannat Kapadia

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th November 2014
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
File Transfer...
22nd February 2015 In Process :- 21st september 2015
Med's Done....
Remedical request - 13th Nov 2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived..!!
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon.
bindu.ice said:
Any idea when they start working on jan 15 applications
May be in october or november.

skale

Sep 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Sep-14
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
12-Jan-15
File Transfer...
12-Jan-15
Interview........
In Process June 1, 2015, DM - July 6, 2015
Passport Req..
July 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2015
My mega...OMG OMG....moment...we got our passport request today......!!!

Being a September applicant I didn't expect it soo soon...s..!!!!!!!

Wow...my heartbeats are going crazy high.....

Thing are moving ahead...All of u September applicants hang tight...you will get something soon....too

sunny6359

Aug 29, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 6, 2014
File Transfer...
In Process from Aug 17,2015
Med's Done....
September, 2015
Passport Req..
DM on Oct 30, 2015. Waiting for PPR
skale said:
My mega...OMG OMG....moment...we got our passport request today......!!!

Being a September applicant I didn't expect it soo soon...s..!!!!!!!

Wow...my heartbeats are going crazy high.....

Thing are moving ahead...All of u September applicants hang tight...you will get something soon....too
oh wow.. congratulations and thts huge news for us too... that mean they are trying to finish September applicants :)