Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
on a TRV now but soon on perm. basis
Lucky You Gamewatcher.. u received a remedical request. In our case despite the relationship being genuine (as mentioned in case notes) they have not called for remedicals. We applied last year in April (like you, ours is 2nd marriage too) and so far now news. Getting sick with NDVO and Canada in general due to the lazy/lethargic ways of working. I initiated MP enquiry even that is taking time :-(. Now will be trying for visitor's visa for my wife. Hope that it's granted.

d4d

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buggleboy said:
First off Congratulations on this good news. Secondly, please be truthful with CIC and don't try to conceal any information because in case let's say (I hope this does not happen, but just a thought) they issue a PR visa after 9 months, then they will only issue it to your wife and not to your child leading to unwanted complications. Even if it takes time for them to issue the visa ensure that it's done the right way.

Pros: Well, now that you will have a kid in your family, this proves further that your relationship is genuine and your wife may get an unconditional visa (read up CIC's site for more information) there by not having to worry about contacting CIC after 2 years (to change the status from conditional to unconditional; which means saving some moolah :) )

Cons: It could take some time before the visa may be issued. But overall I would not worry about the cons for now. I would only worry during the 8-9th month (in case CIC has not cleared your file).

Good luck and disclose the facts to them in your welfare (I think you can ask your wife to send all the required documents about your visit to India, her medical conditions etc., to the NDVO office).

Cheers!
I would advice the same as buggleboy and inform NDVO about the pregnancy. two things you would need to take into accounts. one as someone mentioned above that travel isnt permitted in the last 3 months of pregnancy. And even if your wife arrive earlier to that, you wouldn't have medical coverage for another 3 months(atleast in Ontario and some other provinces). so work out your timeline accordingly. In toronto region it is even difficult to find a doctor who would take on a patient late into the pregnancy. I know someone who came back to canada when they were 4 months pregnant and could get a nearby doctor or hospital to take them on and had to sign up with another doctor, 40km away from their resident.

Secondly, if you were to have your baby in india, if you are a Canadian citizen, then the baby would directly get a Canadian citizenship and passport. so you wouldn't need a visa. You can google the document and application required but I would assume it would mainly be the birth certificate with your name as the father and your identification documents such as passport etc. However, if you are only a permanent resident, then you need to inform NDVO and I believe add the baby as a accompanying dependent on the application.

gamewatcher

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
Doc's Request.
15-01-2015 (divorce decree & petition)
AOR Received.
06-08-2014
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-08-2014
Med's Request
Remedical request- 25-02-2015
Med's Done....
March 2014, asked for half medical again
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
not so far
buggleboy said:
Lucky You Gamewatcher.. u received a remedical request. In our case despite the relationship being genuine (as mentioned in case notes) they have not called for remedicals. We applied last year in April (like you, ours is 2nd marriage too) and so far now news. Getting sick with NDVO and Canada in general due to the lazy/lethargic ways of working. I initiated MP enquiry even that is taking time :-(. Now will be trying for visitor's visa for my wife. Hope that it's granted.
When you apply for visitor visa...send them the undertaking or promise to that she will return within few months. Request only for one time/single entry visa for 2 to 3 months...it will make your VV case strong.

buggleboy

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-05-2014
File Transfer...
17-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014 and 20-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
gamewatcher said:
When you apply for visitor visa...send them the undertaking or promise to that she will return within few months. Request only for one time/single entry visa for 2 to 3 months...it will make your VV case strong.
Thanks man. I will ensure that's done i.e. a personal undertaking that says she will come here in May and then go back by end of August or early September besides my bank balances and also letter from my employer along with 3 years of NOA including a mention of GCMS case notes where it has been concluded that our marriage is genuine.

tintumon

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-15-2014
AOR Received.
Oct-30-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Sept-15-2014
Med's Request
August-26-2015
Med's Done....
July-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
September 25-2015
VISA ISSUED...
October-7-2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully on November-24-2015 at Edmonton.
d4d said:
I would advice the same as buggleboy and inform NDVO about the pregnancy. two things you would need to take into accounts. one as someone mentioned above that travel isnt permitted in the last 3 months of pregnancy. And even if your wife arrive earlier to that, you wouldn't have medical coverage for another 3 months(atleast in Ontario and some other provinces). so work out your timeline accordingly. In toronto region it is even difficult to find a doctor who would take on a patient late into the pregnancy. I know someone who came back to canada when they were 4 months pregnant and could get a nearby doctor or hospital to take them on and had to sign up with another doctor, 40km away from their resident.

Secondly, if you were to have your baby in india, if you are a Canadian citizen, then the baby would directly get a Canadian citizenship and passport. so you wouldn't need a visa. You can google the document and application required but I would assume it would mainly be the birth certificate with your name as the father and your identification documents such as passport etc. However, if you are only a permanent resident, then you need to inform NDVO and I believe add the baby as a accompanying dependent on the application.
Thank you D4D for your advice. I am living in a small town in Alberts so public health and doctors wont be a pblm here as I guss. I have already talked to a doctor in here about my concerns so he said that I need to go to his office as well as community services for her medical appointents and check ups. And unfortunatley I am a Permanent resident so if my babay born out side Canada then that would take another few months to add him to out file .... As I read from cic website.....? Is that right......?? And we r planning to have out baby in Canada if wverything goes good.But of in case that would't happen then We need to wait for another long time to get it done......?

tintumon

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-15-2014
AOR Received.
Oct-30-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Sept-15-2014
Med's Request
August-26-2015
Med's Done....
July-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
September 25-2015
VISA ISSUED...
October-7-2015
LANDED..........
gamewatcher said:
good...if she is IP stage then more chances, if still AR/MR then it can be dicey
She is still AR/MR....... And I am really worries about the medicals. Our medical expiry would be Augest-21-2015. I really dont have any clue how can we do remedicals when she is pregnant. X-rays are bad for growing babies......

buggleboy

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-05-2014
File Transfer...
17-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
tintumon said:
She is still AR/MR....... And I am really worries about the medicals. Our medical expiry would be Augest-21-2015. I really dont have any clue how can we do remedicals when she is pregnant. X-rays are bad for growing babies......
If you are a bit apprehensive then inform CHC now and also express your concerns; then wait for their reply. I think this is the best choice at the moment. Also if you see the immigration letters from CHC/CIC they clearly mention that you should inform if there is any change in life event including birth of a new born or expecting a child.

Hope this helps.

tintumon

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-15-2014
AOR Received.
Oct-30-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Sept-15-2014
Med's Request
August-26-2015
Med's Done....
July-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
September 25-2015
VISA ISSUED...
October-7-2015
LANDED..........
buggleboy said:
If you are a bit apprehensive then inform CHC now and also express your concerns; then wait for their reply. I think this is the best choice at the moment. Also if you see the immigration letters from CHC/CIC they clearly mention that you should inform if there is any change in life event including birth of a new born or expecting a child.

Hope this helps.
Yes this would really help me a lot i mean really lot...... Your information was enormous for me........ Thanks man.... Thank u very much i ill inform them ASAP

buggleboy

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-05-2014
File Transfer...
17-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
tintumon said:
Yes this would really help me a lot i mean really lot...... Your information was enormous for me........ Thanks man.... Thank u very much i ill inform them ASAP
Take your time and inform them. You don't have to rush through and inform them just because I said. Discuss this with your wife and your parents to see what their opinion is and then inform them.

tintumon

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-15-2014
AOR Received.
Oct-30-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Sept-15-2014
Med's Request
August-26-2015
Med's Done....
July-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
September 25-2015
VISA ISSUED...
October-7-2015
LANDED..........
buggleboy said:
Take your time and inform them. You don't have to rush through and inform them just because I said. Discuss this with your wife and your parents to see what their opinion is and then inform them.
Yea i will do that for sure.... I hope that wont affect our application in a bad way..... Like NDVO do not delay or somthing coz of pregnancy. And if in case I would have my baby In India how long that would take NDVO to add him to our application as a dependant child.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
tintumon said:
Yea i will do that for sure.... I hope that wont affect our application in a bad way..... Like NDVO do not delay or somthing coz of pregnancy. And if in case I would have my baby In India how long that would take NDVO to add him to our application as a dependant child.

NDVO is not going to speed up ur application if you inform them of the pregnancy. But there is a chance they may put ur application on hold until after the delivery thinking u want to add ur child to the application.
U have to inform NDVO after the child is born and before you land to include him in application. Since u are also hoping that ur wife should come to Canada asap, why don't u hold off for couple of months to get In process. For all that we know you could finish the process in next 3 months.

In case ur process is delayed and child is about to be born in India, all that you have to do is inform NDVO prior to getting visa( sometime before or after PPR, do not send passport if at that point u decide delivery will happen in India ) and u will get instructions how to include him.

As of now u can simply send additional docs of ur trip only if you wish to. We have discussed this in forum and many advised not to send unless requested.

buggleboy

Jan 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-05-2014
File Transfer...
17-06-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
tintumon said:
Tintumon: This explains very clearly when you should contact CIC. Just go through the documents that were sent to you and you will get clear answers rather than our speculation. BTW- I stand corrected too.

Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family member, a marriage or a divorce;
Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
Decision to withdraw your application.

So as per this, you should inform only after birth of a child and not until delivery I suppose.

Aashima

Apr 5, 2015
innosense said:
NDVO is not going to speed up ur application if you inform them of the pregnancy. But there is a chance they may put ur application on hold until after the delivery thinking u want to add ur child to the application.
U have to inform NDVO after the child is born and before you land to include him in application. Since u are also hoping that ur wife should come to Canada asap, why don't u hold off for couple of months to get In process. For all that we know you could finish the process in next 3 months.

In case ur process is delayed and child is about to be born in India, all that you have to do is inform NDVO prior to getting visa( sometime before or after PPR, do not send passport if at that point u decide delivery will happen in India ) and u will get instructions how to include him.

As of now u can simply send additional docs of ur trip only if you wish to. We have discussed this in forum and many advised not to send unless requested.
I would like to add little more in this discussion before u mk any decision. One of my frnd sponsor her husband to canada and after sponsorship approval letter she went to India again on vacation as u did and she got pregnant during tht time,when she is back to canada her husband got interview call n they get to know tht his wife is pregnant now, immigration ppl told them to provide a DNA report to prove their relation genuine but unfortunately they won't able to provide DNA at tht moment as doctor's said it can only be done at the 1st month of pregnancy else it affects baby growth. So they hv to wait for the delievery and after so many emails finally sponser get the DNA approval letter from the immigration ppl in the 4th month after delievery who's report is still pending so in all her case get delayed for almost year. So my personal advise to u to wait for ur wife file first if she get visa before delievery then it's well n good else follow the steps as been advised by cic to add dependent.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
Aashima said:
I would like to add little more in this discussion before u mk any decision. One of my frnd sponsor her husband to canada and after sponsorship approval letter she went to India again on vacation as u did and she got pregnant during tht time,when she is back to canada her husband got interview call n they get to know tht his wife is pregnant now, immigration ppl told them to provide a DNA report to prove their relation genuine but unfortunately they won't able to provide DNA at tht moment as doctor's said it can only be done at the 1st month of pregnancy else it affects baby growth. So they hv to wait for the delievery and after so many emails finally sponser get the DNA approval letter from the immigration ppl in the 4th month after delievery who's report is still pending so in all her case get delayed for almost year. So my personal advise to u to wait for ur wife file first if she get visa before delievery then it's well n good else follow the steps as been advised by cic to add dependent.
Oh my god . Who would have thought cic will think like this.
That's such good information. Thanks for sharing. But we really cannot decide whether to withhold such info or not during interview. Anyone would assume that it will prove relationship is genuine.
When in doubt be honest !

tintumon

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-15-2014
AOR Received.
Oct-30-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Sept-15-2014
Med's Request
August-26-2015
Med's Done....
July-2014
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
September 25-2015
VISA ISSUED...
October-7-2015
LANDED..........
innosense said:
Oh my god . Who would have thought cic will think like this.
That's such good information. Thanks for sharing. But we really cannot decide whether to withhold such info or not during interview. Anyone would assume that it will prove relationship is genuine.
When in doubt be honest !
Thank you innocence and ahimsa for your valuable comment. That information really worth...... Otherwise i would have done a really bad thing which would actually change our application. Now I have decided not to inform NDVO about her contition until I get every thing done. But one more thing i cant hold that info after augest if nothing happened before as her medicals are going to expire by the end of augest. I think the doctors would inform cic about that. Ohhh god please make it before augest so that we could start a life in here.......this waiting time is ruining my life for ever......