Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
08-06-2011
ankipanki said:
Me & my wife are PR card holders. I am presently working in canada & my wife would soon be giving birth to our child in New Delhi, India.
1) Can my wife bring my baby to Canada on tourist visa & we can apply for baby's PR from Canada.
2) If PR is applied for newborn in (Delhi) India then how much time does it take to issue PR visa for the newborn in India.
3) What all documents are needed for processing PR for newborn in India

If anyone knows answer to these questions or has been in this situation, please help!!
1. You can not bring your baby to Canada under visiting visa. If parents are permanent residence they cant issue visit visa for baby. They will reject it and will direct you to apply permanent visa for baby. I have got a letter from CHC Delhi in this regard.
2.If you apply PR for your baby, its depends up on your luck. Even though CIC website clearly states that children's application will have higher priority, the CHC people are very lazy to speed up the process. The processing may take from 3 to 11 months.
3. Processing for babies are same like spousal . so you have to follow the same documentation except some forms need not be filled. . Use the documents related to children only.Here is the link

If you can go to Canada for delivery, that will be better. I believe so. Because, in my case , I applied for visa for my baby on 6th Jan 2012, now the age of my baby is 1 year and 7 months and still waiting for visa. If you are thinking to delivered in India, then speed up the process as much as you can. Apply for passport, birth certificate, upfront medical and the sponsor also need some docs like employment letters etc.

Rahul_eni

Star Member
Mar 25, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
File Transfer...
16-02-13
Passport Req..
18-04-13
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-13
Ok This separation is hard for us...I am in Canada and She is in India
I am sure many of us are going through the same....
How do you guys deal with it....
Any tips...

primoo

Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
17-Apr-2013
File Transfer...
14-May-2013
Med's Done....
11-Feb-2013 Re-Meds: May 26, 2014
Interview........
05-May-2014
Passport Req..
03-Jun-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-Aug-2014
Hello everyone,

I am glad to be a part of this forum. I have a very brief quick question?

In the New Delhi Visa office instructions, they ask for a copy of a family members in Canada (which is me), submit:
- Copy of Canadian passport
- Copy of PR card
- Copy of Original Landing document

I have been a citizen since Mar. 2007. I can do a copy of the passport, PR I cannot do because at the time of your citizenship test - they will take your PR card and give you a citizenship certificate.
I have lost my landing document.

Will it matter if I am only submitting the Canadian passport photocopy?
Talking to a CIC agent they say that as long as you can prove you are a Canadian citizen, that's all that matters.

So what should I do about this requirement from the New Delhi Visa office instructions?

yoosufalipp

Mar 20, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
08-06-2011
That's not a big deal! Just send the copy of Canadian passport, that's it!

information1234

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
hi sir I am really great full Thanks
I have a one question imm 5669 education is asking give the number of year school you successful completed for ear of the following lave education
elemntry primary school..... what should I type here secondary high school....... what should I type here.
and the give full detail of all the secondary and pos secondary education from To plz help me

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
Rahul_eni said:
Ok This separation is hard for us...I am in Canada and She is in India
I am sure many of us are going through the same....
How do you guys deal with it....
Any tips...
Phone calls, Skype, doing activities together online, pictures and more ...
Do visit India if your job permits [ I go every 2 months :) ] OR invite her on a tourist visa (if you can build a case, too risky for us) ..
It's an emotionally hard phase .. just rough it out. Know that there are many going through the same and its just a matter of time !

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
ankipanki said:
Hi Gulzar

I hav tried calling as well as mailing CIC new delhi but got no response.

I was wondering if anyone else in this forum knows about the time it takes to get PR visa for newborn.
Response is SLOW but SURE ! we got a reply after 4 weeks; if your query is genuine and of material concern they would reply, just that its not a TOP priority for them.

information1234

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Hi sir plz help me edcaution my wife done only 10 class in india her d.o.b 01-04 1976 so whe I write
Year month can u example which month and which year start one thing also she lost her school certificate what should we do plz help me

information1234

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Plz guide me can I send all three parts application to missisauga or I send my part and my wife send her part and the hotel bill and an marrige certificates photo copy or original plz plz help I really wish to talk you on the phone I live in toronto if you don't mind I can call u really Iam struggling more then 2 month still could not file the application thanks

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
information1234 said:
Plz guide me can I send all three parts application to missisauga or I send my part and my wife send her part and the hotel bill and an marrige certificates photo copy or original plz plz help I really wish to talk you on the phone I live in toronto if you don't mind I can call u really Iam struggling more then 2 month still could not file the application thanks
You need to send everything together as a single package. Also make sure the medicals and the needed PCC's are attached along with the application. I would suggest you to take help from an immigration consultant or lawyer in your area to verify and help you with the application.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
information1234 said:
Hi sir plz help me edcaution my wife done only 10 class in india her d.o.b 01-04 1976 so whe I write
Year month can u example which month and which year start one thing also she lost her school certificate what should we do plz help me
U can reapply for her school certificates.
i dont think her education does matter for she coming here as a sponsored spouse.

information1234

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
Hi sir
Plz tell one more thing.when I submit the application all 3part where should I attach the police clearness and certificate should I staple the paper or use a paper clip. And how was the photo should I put envelope around how many pic I can put it.

mickeyindia

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
information1234 said:
Hi sir
Plz tell one more thing.when I submit the application all 3part where should I attach the police clearness and certificate should I staple the paper or use a paper clip. And how was the photo should I put envelope around how many pic I can put it.
Pretty much go with the checklist for New Delhi.
I guess you have lot more information on the checklist and the guide available in CIC website.
it lists the number of photos to be attached.
you can go with an envelope for photos and avoid stapling originals. use paper clip.