Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talvinder said:
Since Nobody replied on this, so posting again :).

Hi guys, I have a question, My wife got her passport with visa last week(8th Aug 2013 applicant), and she is coming on 13th June. Below is the some questions i have.

1. I am moving 31st May, do i need to notify immigration office about my move?

2. How long does the immigration process takes when she lands? Do they ask any specific questions which she can prepare.

3. Anyone knows if you have driving exp certificate for India, you can directly give G test? i read it 6 months back somewhere but not sure.

4. Is there any other important information someone wants to share before she lands.

1.u dont have to inform CIC regarding ur travel

Form B4
Goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List
How to Fill them...

Hi all,

This is in response to the numerous PMs received requesting a copy of my Form B4. As I did it on the system & there's no way to 'save' that, I remain handicapped to forward it. Thus, this thread.

Here's what I did; & how u could do it...

ASSUMPTIONS/PROLOGUE:
a) The form B4A is an extension of the form B4 [which is the main one to file]. Writing the B4A is a similarly daunting task, thus can be avoided. I didn't.
b) As the form B4 contains 'only' 8 rows to fill the goods/items, use only 8 groups of things. How? Explained later.

WHAT U SHOULD CARRY?
U should make 2 copies of the form B4. One for the 'Goods Accompanying' & one for the 'Goods to Follow'. Alongwith the attachments. What's that? Here u go...

STEP-1:
a) Group all similar items into one list & thus make 8 lists.
b) Type these groups in Excel Sheets* [separate for each group]. Title each Sheet. And a Page No.
c) Enlist the Columns as: Sl.No | Item Description | Qty | Value (CAD) |
d) Total the Value, of each Excel Sheet.
e) Take printouts of each Excel Sheet in A4 size paper [2 copies].

*Eg. 1.Electronics, 2.Jewelries, 3.Clothing & Personal Effects, 4.Books & DVDs, 5.Gadgets & Mobile Phones, 6.Cutlery & Utensils, 7.Home Decorations & Murals AND 8.Linens & Drapers. [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-2:
a) Place all jewelry in Groups* & click Pictures [Must, else they'll not be accepted].
b) Title each Sheet. And put a Page No.
c) Take printouts of each Jewelry Group in A4 size paper [2 copies].
d) Make an Excel Sheet, for the Summary of the Jewelry Sheets. And place a Value against each group.
e) Total the Excel Sheet Value, in the end.

*Eg. 1.Rings, 2.Bangles & Bracelets, 3.Chains & Necklaces, 4.Cummerbunds, 5.Diamond Sets, 6.Ear-Rings & Pendants, 7.Head-Bands & Chokers etc. (each in one group/sheet). [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-3: [Major Step]
a) Fill-out the form B4, as per the 8 Title Headings AND write the Total Value of each Excel Sheet.
b) Make a box [by hand] at the End of the 8 rows' Value Column. Write the Total Value* of the Goods.
c) For the Name field, write the PA's name.
d) For the Importer's Address, write the Canadian Address.
e) For the Country of Export, write your Home Country's Name.
f) For the Goods to Follow BOX [below the list rows], "Tick" it.
g) At Page-2 of the form B4, "Tick" the Newcomer BOX.
h) Bottom of the Page-2, Sign, Date [the day of Landing] & Location [write your Landing POE's name].

*U must write the Total Value of the entire goods, as that's needed by the CBSA to log on their system.

STEP-4:
a) Print-it out [on regular A4 sheets], both pages [1 & 2] separately.
b) Take 2 printouts [one for the CBSA & one for U, with their Stamp, Sign & Date].
c) Staple all the Excel Sheets & the Jewelry Sheets, into each form B4.

NOTE:
1. Do not forget to take 2 printouts of each form B4 and its attachments. One will be kept by them.
2. Do not forget to take pics of the Jewelry. Else, they'll not accept it*.
3. Do not forget to get it stamped on landing. Sometimes the BSO doesn't ask. It's our prerogative.

*In that case they'll ask u to get it by email & visit the airport the next day for stamping your B4. Though it can be done, but u get into unnecessary hassles, time & effort. And u just have 24 hrs to do so. Which is an avoidable tension. Isn't it?

WHERE TO FIND THE FORM?
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Hope that helped.

rksandhu

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-9-2013
File Transfer...
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013 / Remedical....: 8th july 2014 / received. ..: 23rd July 2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2013 (sent-10 oct 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IN-PROCESS since 4th-July-2014 DM-8 Nov 2014 RECEIVED PP-10 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
17 dec 2014 :-D
Talvinder said:

Hi guys, I have a question, My wife got her passport with visa last week(8th Aug 2013 applicant), and she is coming on 13th June. Below is the some questions i have.

2. How long does the immigration process takes when she lands? Do they ask any specific questions which she can prepare.

3. Anyone knows if you have driving exp certificate for India, you can directly give G test? i read it 6 months back somewhere but not sure.

4. Is there any other important information someone wants to share before she lands.
no I think dere is no need to inform them...there r lots of forum members was visit earlier n no one wants to inform them...I don't know abt other things..senior members know better then me...
By d way congratss for ur wife's visa...wish u a happy married life..

J.J

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
Talvinder said:

As long as your wife knows your new address and phone number . There's no restriction on you to move .
If there's something , they will contact you directly when she's at the Canadian port .
Time depends on flight timing , if your landing around 4pm then be prepare to wait atleast two hours .
They will ask her questions regarding your address and other emergency contacts . And they will dictate procedure she will have to follow for SIN PR card etc . Nothing that you should be worried , it's their normal procedure . If you have different address now than what she has her on file , then should inform them at the port about your previous and current address . Because they expect her to give same information as on file .
Indian driving experience certificate definately helps . Just make sure it's from district transport officer.
If she get confused or nervous she can ask for help . She enjoys her rights soon she land on Canadian soil , so more aware of her rights, easier for her .

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
[size=10pt]OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG[/size]

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

A [size=10pt]HUGE[/size] WEEKEND FOR ME GUYS, HERE'S THE STORY:

- My wife's status went to "in-process" on Saturday May 17 (We started processing your application on May 14, 2014.)

- On Monday May 19 she got a call from the Canadian Embassy in Chandigarh confirming her date of birth, full name, and address. As well, they asked her if she can travel to Canada before June 8 (as her medicals expire that day), she said "YES!!!!!!!"

- She got a call today May 20 at 12 noon asking her to pick up her passport from the Canadian Embassy in Chandigarh before 2pm and she went in 10 minutes (as she lives in Chandigarh) and picked it up ! ! ! ! ! ! !

- They returned all our photographs along with the passport with the Canadian visa in it, online status still says "in process"

SUPER SUPER EXCITED AS THIS TORTURE HAS FINALLY ENDED ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I WISH EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CASE :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

J.J

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
Gagi007 said:

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

- My wife's status went to "in-process" on Saturday May 17 (We started processing your application on May 14, 2014.)

- On Monday May 19 she got a call from the Canadian Embassy in Chandigarh confirming her date of birth, full name, and address. As well, they asked her if she can travel to Canada before June 8 (as her medicals expire that day), she said "YES!!!!!!!"

- She got a call today May 20 at 12 noon asking her to pick up her passport from the Canadian Embassy in Chandigarh before 2pm and she went in 10 minutes (as she lives in Chandigarh) and picked it up ! ! ! ! ! ! !

- They returned all our photographs along with the passport with the Canadian visa in it, online status still says "in process"

Congratulations , best wishes for life in canada .
My status changed to in process may19 and they started processing my file on may15 . Hopefully I'll hear soon too .

mairym_nirb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
28-06-2013
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Gagi007 said:

Congrats, they have not forgotten you finally... :)

chirag vadera

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Ahmadabad, Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
AOR Received.
2 August 2013
File Transfer...
9 September 2013
Med's Done....
17 July 2013
Interview........
no Interview :P
Passport Req..
25 September 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IN PROCESS 19TH MAY : VISA ISSUED 20TH MAY : DM 24TH MAY
LANDED..........
PASSPORT RECEIVED WITH VISA 31st MAY
Gagi007 said:

congrats buddy

mairym_nirb

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
File Transfer...
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
28-06-2013
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
23-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chirag vadera said:
congrats !!
i m 16th august applicant still same status application received :(
Application received also for me. It's not in order, at least it's moving for august!!!! ;)

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
mairym_nirb said:
Congrats, they have not forgotten you finally... :)
Thanks, it's just amazing that after months and months of waiting, it was all over in 3 days :p

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
chirag vadera said:
congrats buddy
Thanks friend, wish you a speedy visa as well :)

shroffb

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 22nd July...DM on 2nd August....Passport received on 11th August
Gagi007 said:

yeeeee...yeeee....finally !!! Seeing ur post I became so happy ...felt like i got my shiny VISA :p
Many many congratulations......:) Now start packing ..wishing u a very happy married life ..:)

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
shroffb said:
yeeeee...yeeee....finally !!! Seeing ur post I became so happy ...felt like i got my shiny VISA :p
Many many congratulations......:) Now start packing ..wishing u a very happy married life ..:)
Thanks friend, glad I could cheer you up. Your "good news moment" is not far away, GOOD LUCK :)

cpan25

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-09-2013
Med's Done....
29-06-2013
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully sooner than later
Gagi007 said:

Wowww! Congratulations...u had been waiting now for so long....wish u a very happy and joyful married life. Give my wishes to your wife also. Once again heartiest congratulations!!

Gagi007

Sep 17, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2013
AOR Received.
August 12, 2013
File Transfer...
August 12, 2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
June 8, 2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
cpan25 said:
Wowww! Congratulations...u had been waiting now for so long....wish u a very happy and joyful married life. Give my wishes to your wife also. Once again heartiest congratulations!!
Thanks friend, hope you get good news very very soon as well, GOOD LUCK :)