21-06-2013
Passport Req..
12-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
hey all..

I am the Principal Applicant, and my husband is sponsoring. I have an Indian Passport and in my passport, my full name is written in the "Given name" column and the "Surname" column is left blank.

Example:

SURNAME -
GIVEN NAME - Anjali Sharma

Now after I filled an application form, its not allowing me to validate the form as my Surname column is blank and I need to fill my name (exactly as on passport),
What should I do to solve this problem ??

Did any one of you have this problem, if yes,, what did u do ?

Plzz help :eek:

jigral

Star Member
Feb 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFLAO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
Med's Request
Feb 7 2012
Med's Done....
march 6 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 may 2012
LANDED..........
june 30 2012
Hey Everybody,

My wife received the passport with visa stamped last Thursday.

Thanks for your blessing and all help,

Hopefully everyone will get some good news soon.

HAVE FAITH.

Gurinder sangha

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Well, we received a letter from NDVO saying they need UK PCC like 5 months ago and said this is how much we need to pay if you want us to finish the processing really fast. We even paid 185.00 pounds so that we can get the UK PCC within 2 days and provide it to NDVO. Afterwards we didn't hear anything from them and now they are on strike.

@aks. That's gay. Well hopefully we receive visas soon enough. Let me know if you have any progress on your file..

Thanks

realmiracle

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
Sept 5, 2013
If possible, make the name change on your passport so that you can have both sur name and given name else it will trouble you for every matter. I know one person, he had the same problem for his whole family. He requested Indian embassy, Riyadh to break his name to make first name and last name before applying Canadian immigration and it was done but this is a seven year old story.

star001 said:
hey all..

I am the Principal Applicant, and my husband is sponsoring. I have an Indian Passport and in my passport, my full name is written in the "Given name" column and the "Surname" column is left blank.

Example:

SURNAME -

Now after I filled an application form, its not allowing me to validate the form as my Surname column is blank and I need to fill my name (exactly as on passport),

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
star001 said:
hey all..

Example:

SURNAME -

It is simple..

Just write Sharma as Last name and Anjali as first name..... and validate your form.

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
jigral said:
Hey Everybody,

HAVE FAITH.
congratulations , have a great time ahead,

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
ammuknn said:
I have some great news to share with you guys!

My wife got a call an hour ago from NDVO. ..........................
Hi ammuknn,,

have you guys received any call today (monday) from NDVO, we did not receive, the CIC guy on the phone did say that we will receive a call some time early next week but as you know each day is hard to pass by so just wanted to confirm you guys have received any call today.....

Let us know whenever you receive a second all about the date / passport back.

thanks
V_SYS

Atrayee Bhaumik

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
NO
File Transfer...
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Passport Req..
30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2013
LANDED..........
06-11-2013
jigral said:
Congrats
Can you please share your entire timeline here ?
Hey Everybody,

HAVE FAITH.

ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
v_sys said:
Hi ammuknn,,

have you guys received any call today (monday) from NDVO, we did not receive, the CIC guy on the phone did say that we will receive a call some time early next week but as you know each day is hard to pass by so just wanted to confirm you guys have received any call today.....

Let us know whenever you receive a second all about the date / passport back.

thanks
V_SYS
Hey,

No, we didn't receive a call either today. Yeah, they said a few days. Hopefully tomorrow!
However, my status on ECAS did go from "Application Received" to "In Process". It also says, "We started working on <applicant>'s application on July 12, 2013." July 12th was the day my wife got the call from NDVO.

She is in Mumbai btw. Where are you in India? And yes, I'll update on the forum, when we get the call, or any other progress.

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
ammuknn said:
Hey,

No, we didn't receive a call either today. Yeah, they said a few days. Hopefully tomorrow!
However, my status on ECAS did go from "Application Received" to "In Process". It also says, "We started working on <applicant>'s application on July 12, 2013." July 12th was the day my wife got the call from NDVO.

She is in Mumbai btw. Where are you in India? And yes, I'll update on the forum, when we get the call, or any other progress.
My wife is in Ahmedabad and my application status went to "In process" one month back,
hope we both receive call soon... each day is crucial, the worst part is i have to travel to US for work in this month and struggling with the dates of my wife landing here and on the top of it we dont know which date she will have her passport back and then i can only book the ticket :(

Reeyan

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 30-2012
File Transfer...
Nov 30 2012
Interview........
done!
Passport Req..
March 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM today/ Rcvd visa June 22
LANDED..........
LAnding ASAP
ANY OCT 2012 APPLICANTS??

I am constantly reminding my partner to not MISS any phone calls..

I hope we get our passports soon..AUG 12 will be my 10 months of waiting now :-\

Seriously tired of waiting.. :mad:

rmj133

Dec 10, 2012
v_sys said:
I have an answer for second question, in my own case when I came to this country my passport was expiring just within 3 - 4 months of PR stamps (that's what I remember, as I don't have any of those passports now) and there are no such fix rules, I believe its decided on case to case basis...but one thing always helps is keep on writing them such deadlines and any such issues.
I have an answer for second question, in my own case when I came to this country my passport was expiring just within 3 - 4 months of PR stamps (that's what I remember, as I don't have any of those passports now) and there are no such fix rules, I believe its decided on case to case basis...but one thing always helps is keep on writing them such deadlines and any such issues. [/quote]

We emailed cic already with all the pp expiration details in April, but there isn't any update. :-(

rmj133

Dec 10, 2012
sep24.12 said:
I have the same story we applied in september and submitted passport in march.. now the passport is expiring end of october, and have not heard anything from ndvo. i consulted with mp who said that at some point i would have to ask for pp back to get it renewed, but do not ask for it just yet because with passport they initiate background checks. the mp advised that in april.. its now july and she does not have an update for me because of the strike.. no one knows what is going on :( last time i talked to the mp my background was not started. . and still do not have any idea what is going to happen when the pp expires ! \

thanks nabagataa i m keeping my fingers crossed but there are complications like the pp expiring.. !

to all who have got their visas, congratulations!!
Thank you for updating on background checks requirement :) I think, I'd just hang-in here in the same situation for sometime. hope all goes well with you too.

getcanadavisa

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
How long they take to respond to lawyers inquiry. Our lawyer made an inquiry couple of weeks back using Delhi immigration e-mail re-delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca address.
Thanks
getCanadaVisa

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
getcanadavisa said:
How long they take to respond to lawyers inquiry. Our lawyer made an inquiry couple of weeks back using Delhi immigration e-mail re-delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca address.
Thanks
getCanadaVisa
minimum 4 weeks but no guarantee to that even.......