waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
sumitihm said:
Congrats to everyone who got the visa.Well deserved.
I have a question. Is it possible to send some more picturs to NDVO? I did court marriage and did not send much pictures. My MP told me she will be called for interview but i don't know when. I applied in Sept 2012.
I did went back once to India and took lots of picture. Should i send those pictures?
In my opinion do not send any additional pics or any such details but do take all those with you in interview and have your story straighten out very perfectly before interview ... they generally ask lots of cross questions and grill too much at times, prepare as much as you can for interview with all facts and cross connect every aspects.

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
maplegal86 said:
They asked me to redo the medical because my medical expired in May.

Well my question to these people would be why didnt they process the visas in April May of people who's medicals expired in May and June? What did we do to them?

This is beyond ridiculous. So now the medical decides who deserves to be reunited with their spouse? I've been waiting here since October 2012 when I submitted my passport. I have been in process since October.

I'm happy for people like you when they get good news because I like to think of it as they will now start working on my file. But it seems like NDVO has some other plans.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just frustrated.
I will not take in wrong way at all,, trust me I and many on this forum like me, would easily understand your frustration, when I applied for my wife there were two other friends who applied with me with similar cases and timelines, however they got their visa stamped in six months and landed here within six months of filing and it was so so frustrating for me ,,, and also just like you , whenever I used to read any good news on this forum it always gave me some hope a positive strength to hope more and think that its gonna be my turn,,,,

to be honest, though we received that call, I am yet not in a mood to celebrate as I believe until and unless there is passport in our hand with stamped visa there is no reason to be that happy for me either...

I would only say , hang in there buddy, it would be just matter of sometime, things will turn positive for you....

wish you all the best..

Jul 13, 2013
NDVO sucks big time. They test your patience till you die giving up. There are several relationships which got worsens due to these "raasta chap" officers sitting on the other side of desk chewing shit. All they do mostly is "change review dates but do not review"

Honestly what's taking you forever to decide on a file? 6 months should be more than enough to get the checks done. How can you keep the passport of any individual for more than a year? If you didn't decide on the file why call for the passport then?

All you people waiting for PPR please don't get too eager/excited if you didn't or did receive the request.
Medical expired? Keep waiting!
Pcc expired? Oh how would you get one without a passport? Don't they(police)ask for it?

Heard about few relationships breaking up due to these " dus vi pass officers" totally frustrating to this point.

Positivity gets killed brutally but still "hang in there ppl"

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
realmiracle said:
In our case, the sponsor (Canadian citizen) stays out of Canada with her husband. Her parents and siblings live in Canada and she maintains full link with Canada. We have submitted the pp of the applicant to ndvo recently and our medical is expiring soon in Sept, 2013.

Can the sponsor contact MP from abroad? Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks in advance!
rm
yes they can contact MP from abroad, as long as it make sense for MP that the contacting person is part of his / her constituency and will be back in some time and not permanently staying abroad and you can do that by finding MP for your Canadian address and contacting them by email, I did that both the time,.... by email only...

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
Diedbeingpatient said:
NDVO sucks big time. They test your patience till you die giving up. There are several relationships which got worsens due to these "raasta chap" officers sitting on the other side of desk chewing *censored word*. All they do mostly is "change review dates but do not review"

Honestly what's taking you forever to decide on a file? 6 months should be more than enough to get the checks done. How can you keep the passport of any individual for more than a year? If you didn't decide on the file why call for the passport then?

All you people waiting for PPR please don't get too eager/excited if you didn't or did receive the request.
Pcc expired? Oh how would you get one without a passport? Don't they(police)ask for it?

Heard about few relationships breaking up due to these " dus vi pass officers" totally frustrating to this point.

you are SO RIGHT, these time and gap do create a bigger gap and deficit in relationship and its hard to bridge those gaps by phone / Skype / emails / FB , I experienced that first hand and that is why I had to travel twice to india after my marriage ,, and be with my partner to make sure that these time and gap does not affect the relationship, because it did take its toll on us too.. I had been the victim...

delcan

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Dear friends

Can anyone who have landed recently help? where to take photo in Delhi as mentioned below ?

Or we can take just take photo and write in Black Ink.

As per the CIC link,photos specs for PR card application which needs to be submitted during landing is:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

Note:# New: measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of hair);
# have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) finished size)
# be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
# be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
# bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).

I thought we need to carry the same photos which we submitted during PPR,whose specs were:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp

Note:The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″).The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).

sarigo

Jul 13, 2013
maplegal86 said:
They asked me to redo the medical because my medical expired in May.

Well my question to these people would be why didnt they process the visas in April May of people who's medicals expired in May and June? What did we do to them?

This is beyond ridiculous. So now the medical decides who deserves to be reunited with their spouse? I've been waiting here since October 2012 when I submitted my passport. I have been in process since October.

I'm happy for people like you when they get good news because I like to think of it as they will now start working on my file. But it seems like NDVO has some other plans.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just frustrated.
i also applied on july 2012 and medical expried on june 2013 i contact at mp office via my wife they told my medical was extended till july 20 2013 .i dont know its true or..

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Diedbeingpatient said:
NDVO sucks big time. They test your patience till you die giving up. There are several relationships which got worsens due to these "raasta chap" officers sitting on the other side of desk chewing *censored word*. All they do mostly is "change review dates but do not review"

+100

They are "ghaatis", unprofessional losers. No sense of phone service, reliability, language, brains nor etiquette and they represent a 1st world country like Canada. Shame on entire system. On top these goras go on strike

I remember back in 1999, when I called then to inquire if my student visa was ready, they replied " Why you shouting" ? I am like, I am not shouting, calling from bombay so its hard to hear - so it hasnt improved since then

Gurinder sangha

Star Member
May 6, 2013
@ Gurinder sangha

I am..................... and still waiting for visa to be stamped on my passport.
Can't believe (2013) applicants already receiving the visa's where (2012) applicants are still waiting for it. Plus they are on idiotic strike without any reason.

Thanks!

@aks : I know it's so stupid every time I check my status it's says Application Received where as January applicants (no hard feelings ) getting their visas back already. What date you applied in December ? Any travel history ?

navdeep mmu

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Request
re medicals request 30th jan 2014
Med's Done....
re medicals 14th feb 2014
Passport Req..
2-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
on 15th may 2014
LANDED..........
on 26th may 2014
don,t know what are they doing .....m also 2012 applicant
can,t understand what is the way of officer,s who handles the files ???

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gurinder sangha said:
@ Gurinder sangha

I am..................... and still waiting for visa to be stamped on my passport.
Can't believe (2013) applicants already receiving the visa's where (2012) applicants are still waiting for it. Plus they are on idiotic strike without any reason.

Thanks!

@ aks : I know it's so stupid every time I check my status it's says Application Received where as January applicants (no hard feelings ) getting their visas back already. What date you applied in December ? Any travel history ?

@ Gurinder sangha

I am actually sponsoring my wife. My application got approved on December 6th last year and was sent to NDVO on December 17th, 2012.
Same here no hard feelings, I am happy that this year applicants already got their visa's. But, its very upsetting what NDVO is doing... They should issue visa's for last applicants and then move to this year applicants.

Regarding travel history: She was in UK for 2 yrs straight related to her job, which we already provided them UK PCC, and paid extra so our work get done asap...That's all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, god knows how they work.

Wish that my wife get visa also asap. So, tired of this wait now...

Thanks!

JN 009

Star Member
May 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
File Transfer...
16-02-2013
Med's Done....
26-12-2012
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2013
v_sys said:
here is the number for you friend....

91 (11) 4178-2000

Good Luck
Thank you buddy. I hope you receive your PP at the earliest
Do let us know wen you receive it........

Gurinder sangha

Star Member
May 6, 2013
aks.asr1 said:
@ Gurinder sangha

I am actually sponsoring my wife. My application got approved on December 6th last year and was sent to NDVO on December 17th, 2012.
Same here no hard feelings, I am happy that this year applicants already got their visa's. But, its very upsetting what NDVO is doing... They should issue visa's for last applicants and then move to this year applicants.

Regarding travel history: She was in UK for 2 yrs straight related to her job, which we already provided them UK PCC, and paid extra so our work get done asap...That's all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, god knows how they work.

Wish that my wife get visa also asap. So, tired of this wait now...

Thanks!
Aks: looks like we have exactly the same case. My file got approved on 11 December and I am waiting since then... I have also lived in UK for 4 years and I have also provided them with the UK PCC .... What you mean by you paid extra so your work get done ASAP ? If you don't mind me asking

Thanks

realmiracle

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
Sept 5, 2013
Thanks v_sys. I browsed the website of my MP and accessed the page related to her assistance in the matter of immigration processing issues.It details what info required to include in our emails to her.

Once again thank you for your reply. Hope you get your passport soon with pr visa.

v_sys said:
yes they can contact MP from abroad, as long as it make sense for MP that the contacting person is part of his / her constituency and will be back in some time and not permanently staying abroad and you can do that by finding MP for your Canadian address and contacting them by email, I did that both the time,.... by email only...

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gurinder sangha said:
Aks: looks like we have exactly the same case. My file got approved on 11 December and I am waiting since then... I have also lived in UK for 4 years and I have also provided them with the UK PCC .... What you mean by you paid extra so your work get done ASAP ? If you don't mind me asking

Thanks
Gurinder sangha

Well, we received a letter from NDVO saying they need UK PCC like 5 months ago and said this is how much we need to pay if you want us to finish the processing really fast. We even paid 185.00 pounds so that we can get the UK PCC within 2 days and provide it to NDVO. Afterwards we didn't hear anything from them and now they are on strike.