+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

janmuk

Jun 27, 2013
Hi maplegirl86, just saw that you are a SG PR. Just thought of getting some inputs from you. Appreciate if you could reply.

I am about to file my application soon. I am a PR in singapore but am planning to give up my residency and go back to india so that the application processing is not delayed. When does CIC request for PCC ? Is it the same time as they ask for passport? Can I travel to singapore on a tourist visa to get my PCC later ? And what is the foreign travel form? I don't see that anywhere in the application package. Will they request it from me even if i give up my SG PR and return to india for good?

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
janmuk said:
Hi maplegirl86, just saw that you are a SG PR. Just thought of getting some inputs from you. Appreciate if you could reply.

I am about to file my application soon. I am a PR in singapore but am planning to give up my residency and go back to india so that the application processing is not delayed. When does CIC request for PCC ? Is it the same time as they ask for passport? Can I travel to singapore on a tourist visa to get my PCC later ? And what is the foreign travel form? I don't see that anywhere in the application package. Will they request it from me even if i give up my SG PR and return to india for good?
1) For Singapore PRs, Singapore Police require that you present them with a request for PCC. So this means that you'll have to wait til NDVO looks at your file and sees that the PCC is not there and sends you an explicit request for Singapore PCC. The PCC may be requested before or after the Passport request. For me it came a week after Passport request.

You'll have to take this letter to Outram Cantonment Complex Police Headquarters and put in a request for Singapore police to release your records. This takes a week, so a week after the request is placed, you go down and give your fingerprints and another 2-3 weeks later you'll get the PCC.

I think you can apply for Singapore PCC from overseas once you get the request letter, but I'm not sure how long this will take and where you have to go to give your fingerprints.

From personal experience, leaving Singapore to come to India was the WORST decision of my life. I am here since October 2012. I got a remedical request first week of June. If I could do this all over again, I would not leave Singapore, continue my job/life and when CIC requested for a passport I'd tell them that I live outside India and they should contact me when they are ready to issue the visa.

A REQUEST FOR PASSPORT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO GRANTING A VISA.

I'm at the end of my process but it's been a long, painful 8 months.

This is my personal experience but I just wanted to make it clear that you shouldn't be fooled like I was into thinking getting a passport request means I'll get the visa in hand soon.

Another piece of advice, try not to give up Singapore PR. It's highly sought after. I'm planning to keep mine for as long as I can.

2) Foreign Travel form is part of the application package. I don't remember the form number but it's one page where it asks you to describe all foreign travel.

Raman kaur

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2013
AOR Received.
27-04-2013
File Transfer...
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
19-02-2014
janmuk said:

[/quote

Hey janmuk..

I saw this form today..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/PC_LetterA_e.pdf
Maybe with this you can get PCC !

abhat

Aug 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
02-28-2013 (re-med)
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-12
Interview........
18-02-13
Passport Req..
18-06-2012
VB20 said:
ohh noo.. this is ridiculous.. Can't you get your MP to expedite it..they have exceeded their processing timing.. Its their fault.. try pushing your MP
ND are just messing us around now. They claim to have lost the same document 3 times, even with our confirmation of receiving it by registered post (to both ND and miss CPC, plus e-mail inquiry with attached). My MP has inquired now 3 times since my husband's interview on Feb. 18 (and being told he was approved, just needed new medical and final background check), but they have told us the same thing each time, "background check pending, medical expiry now march 2014, passport received, pending receipt of RPRF" But this last time they did not mention the RPRF receipt, so we hope that means it was finally received and put in our file. In process from Feb 22nd.

We have seen each other only once since I came back to canada in Nov 2011, I was able to visit for a month right before his interview. If no decision is made by the end of summer I will be go there again, just take out more loans : ( .

sajuabraham24

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
25-01-2013
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2012
Passport Req..
07-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
Hello everyone,

Sorry to post on this forum as I am a 2013 Jan applicant. But I thought I would post here just to see if anyone had any similar experiences, and if you could help me out.

I submitted my application to sponsor my wife and children in early Jan - here are my timelines:

Medical done - 17/Nov/12
Application sent - 3/Jan/13
Application rec'd by CIC-M - 7/Jan/13
AOR - 25/Jan/13
Sponsorship approval - 13/Feb/13
Passport req - Waiting

Since a lot of other forum members who submitted their applications in Jan 2013 had already received their passport request in Mar/Apr, I got really concerned and following another forum member's useful advice - I applied for the GCMS notes. I got the notes 2 days ago.

So after going through the whole notes (which wasn't easy), my questions are:

1. Under the 'correspondence' section, it says that an outgoing correspondence was sent to my wife by email on March 09 - acknowledgement of receipt and request for passport. But we never received any email on March 9, I'm absolutely sure about this. The email id that they have in their records is correct.

So what can I do here, and how to follow up if this was indeed the case? Any one in NDVO I can check this with, or raise a request? (I know emails are almost never answered by them). Or should I send the passport to NDVO directly in any case?

Anyone have a similar experience here who can provide guidance, who may have 'missed' the passport request notification from NDVO?

2. Another point of concern is that in the 'notes' section, the last note updated in the file was on May 13 stating 'UAE PCC is pending'. My wife was born in UAE and did her schooling there. But she has'nt been in the UAE for more than 6 months after she reached 18, which I believe is the criteria for getting a PCC from any country. She's been there a few times after 18, but all not more than 3 months duration at a time.

She's been in India for the past 15 years so we have furnished a PCC from India. However I am not sure if they really need this as we have not got any correspondence from NDVO yet. Anyone have a similar experience of needing to supply a PCC to NDVO if the applicant has resided in another country for more than 6 months, but before the age of 18?

The only good thing I can see in the notes is that the eligibility check is almost through and has been updated as 'recommend passed' - though not passed yet. There hasn't been any action on the file since end of May. Security, criminality and medical phases are still pending.

Really appreciate if anyone has any insights to my questions above. It's been a big struggle for our family, and I am sure all of us on this forum are going through the same phases. To those who are still waiting - keep holding on, our prayers and best wishes for all families to be reunited soon.

navdeep mmu

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Request
re medicals request 30th jan 2014
Med's Done....
re medicals 14th feb 2014
Passport Req..
2-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
on 15th may 2014
LANDED..........
on 26th may 2014
hello any october applicant got passport back or not yet
it,s going to be almost end of th month now ,,,,,,when ndvo received the passport
after that no news
status showing application received only
really sad nd tired of this process :(

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
sajuabraham24 said:
Hello everyone,

Sorry to post on this forum as I am a 2013 Jan applicant. But I thought I would post here just to see if anyone had any similar experiences, and if you could help me out.

I submitted my application to sponsor my wife and children in early Jan - here are my timelines:

Medical done - 17/Nov/12
Application sent - 3/Jan/13
Application rec'd by CIC-M - 7/Jan/13
AOR - 25/Jan/13
Sponsorship approval - 13/Feb/13
Passport req - Waiting

Since a lot of other forum members who submitted their applications in Jan 2013 had already received their passport request in Mar/Apr, I got really concerned and following another forum member's useful advice - I applied for the GCMS notes. I got the notes 2 days ago.

So after going through the whole notes (which wasn't easy), my questions are:

1. Under the 'correspondence' section, it says that an outgoing correspondence was sent to my wife by email on March 09 - acknowledgement of receipt and request for passport. But we never received any email on March 9, I'm absolutely sure about this. The email id that they have in their records is correct.

So what can I do here, and how to follow up if this was indeed the case? Any one in NDVO I can check this with, or raise a request? (I know emails are almost never answered by them). Or should I send the passport to NDVO directly in any case?

Anyone have a similar experience here who can provide guidance, who may have 'missed' the passport request notification from NDVO?

2. Another point of concern is that in the 'notes' section, the last note updated in the file was on May 13 stating 'UAE PCC is pending'. My wife was born in UAE and did her schooling there. But she has'nt been in the UAE for more than 6 months after she reached 18, which I believe is the criteria for getting a PCC from any country. She's been there a few times after 18, but all not more than 3 months duration at a time.

She's been in India for the past 15 years so we have furnished a PCC from India. However I am not sure if they really need this as we have not got any correspondence from NDVO yet. Anyone have a similar experience of needing to supply a PCC to NDVO if the applicant has resided in another country for more than 6 months, but before the age of 18?

The only good thing I can see in the notes is that the eligibility check is almost through and has been updated as 'recommend passed' - though not passed yet. There hasn't been any action on the file since end of May. Security, criminality and medical phases are still pending.

Really appreciate if anyone has any insights to my questions above. It's been a big struggle for our family, and I am sure all of us on this forum are going through the same phases. To those who are still waiting - keep holding on, our prayers and best wishes for all families to be reunited soon.
1. There are couple of members in this forum have faced similar issue. They contacted NDVO to ask for another PPR but with no success. So they have sent the passport with covering letter to NDVO without a request letter. Go through previous posts to get the details. In my opinion its ok to send the passport without request letter since you know they have already asked for it. But finally its your decision

2. Visa officer can ask for a PCC if they see a reason for it. So if you know they have recommended it, its better to get the PCC and forward it to them ASAP.

All the best!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
sajuabraham24 said:

They can ask anything they like, rule is if you have lived in any country for more than 6 months - my father has 18 trips to USA from 1981 ( not a single one more than 3 weeks ) , and he was asked FBI - thankfully I anticipated it and had it handy
Better to give than ask/argue and hope for the best

janmuk

Jun 27, 2013
Hi Raman Kaur, Thanks a lot for this. Very helpful. Where did you get this form? I am going to try to get the PCC here in singapore with this letter before i leave singapore and after i cancel my PR here. And it asks for addresses that i lived in only after 18 years of age ?

Raman kaur

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2013
AOR Received.
27-04-2013
File Transfer...
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-02-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2014
LANDED..........
19-02-2014
janmuk said:
Hi Raman Kaur, Thanks a lot for this. Very helpful. Where did you get this form? I am going to try to get the PCC here in singapore with this letter before i leave singapore and after i cancel my PR here. And it asks for addresses that i lived in only after 18 years of age ?
I guess write the last three home address...read the below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp
Click on step 1 gather documents
Read all of it carefully.

Just properly time ur application.

Best of luck

janmuk

Jun 27, 2013
Thanks very much. Looks like this has been recently updated. I will try to get the PCC and hopefully submit it along with application as soon as possible so that the validity for 3 months is retained when they are processing my application .

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
New name for local'ites CIC-ND folks 'Lafangey Parende'

magessss

Jun 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-16-2013
File Transfer...
Jan-18-2013
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL (JAN-6-2014)
Med's Done....
1st medical Aug-7-2012, 2nd medical Jan 27-2014
Interview........
Jan-6-2014
Passport Req..
March-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
OMG OMG VISA March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
April 17, 2014 (Thursday)
aks.asr1 said:
@ magesss

God knows what they are doing with our passports this early bro.. That's what I don't understand if processing is not completed then why asking for our passports.. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
good question but as I see they are just delaying the time. They are just working on files as they come meaning our file maybe buried some where in the pile.

Can't wait to see my wife DM this is so getting frustrated and annoying.

magessss

Jun 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-16-2013
File Transfer...
Jan-18-2013
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL (JAN-6-2014)
Med's Done....
1st medical Aug-7-2012, 2nd medical Jan 27-2014
Interview........
Jan-6-2014
Passport Req..
March-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
OMG OMG VISA March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
April 17, 2014 (Thursday)
tahsinmohammad said:
Response from MP's Office :

Thank you for the reminder. I will be requesting a new status update on your behalf today, directly from New Delhi.
I must however, regretfully remind you that our office, or indeed even the Member of Parliament, has no power to request that any application be expedited. Furthermore, we have been advised that the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas and, therefore, delays should be expected.

I will be in touch as soon as I receive any update..

Can you please share where are you located and how you email them.

I want to ask MP as well it is really hurting me now.

nsarai01

Jun 9, 2012
Got VISA and Passport back on June 24th. Finally all over. Gluck to all of you.
nsarai01 said:
All my friends,

My application have changed to DM and the message is - A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Hope that is a very positive note.

All my prayers to 2012 applicants waiting for PR......