ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mb7057 said:
Hi Folks,

I still haven`t recieved the passport request even after sending numerous emails to NDVO. My GCMS notes shows everything clear and request for passport sent on Feb 18th.. I dont know what to do, please advise? It is such a hopeless situation, I am in India currently for my wedding anniversary.

I was thinking of calling cic, any idea how to call that number from India?

Thanks
Yes, I am in the same situation. I found out on May 9th via GCMS notes that the PPR was sent on April 9th but not received, and all the same stuff you saw in your GCMS notes. Then I sent emails to NDVO with "URGENT" subject line, requesting them to re-send PPR to a different email address, or by post. I asked my MP to try to contact them, as well as my imm consul.tant. I also filed a case-specific inquiry. Almost 6 weeks passed, and no response whatsoever!

I was apprehensive about sending the passport without re-PPR, especially due to news of the strike. Then recently, my wife spoke with VFS people, and they assured us that despite the strike, there will be staff at CHC-ND to receive passports and that we should send it. So I finally sent the passport. I also included a cover letter explaining the situation/history, a copy of my GCMS notes with the relevant information highlighted, and a copy of my sponsorship approval letter.

That's what I did, and I recommend you do the same. Hopefully, they will proceed with the application once they get the passport with the file. Good luck buddy!

ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
While it may have worked for some by sending PP w/o their request, it's advisable not to send without their letter.

You can call ND Call Centre and they will never transfer you to immigration section if you ask them politely, you need to show some type of Panic Mode with the line that Canadian Citizen looking for help ( worked twice for me )
I have been warned the same by others. However, we know from GCMS notes that they did send the letter already. Clearly, from the experience of several forum members, trying to contact them regarding this, asking for re-issuing the letter hasn't done anything. NDVO obviously doesn't care if our case takes longer... it's up to us to do all that we can to expedite it. Sure, if others want to wait for it, go for it, but I feel it will just delay the process by several months. If we wait for them to catch mistakes and stuff in each individual case, we will be waiting forever!

My parents taught me that sometimes in life, we just have to take some risks to get what we want.

I haven't had any success calling the ND number. It has always gone to automated message, like v_sys said. But since a few people here are saying they have been able to talk to a person on that number, I will try it again, and try this panic mode idea. ;)

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
Is NDVO processing some files despite Strikes, Any idea?

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
v_sys said:
Is NDVO processing some files despite Strikes, Any idea?
Yes they are... Many people got PPRs and decision made's during strike....

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
Buds said:
Yes they are... Many people got PPRs and decision made's during strike....
Good to hear that, I hope my file gets a chance, its been almost 10 months now.... :(

mb7057

Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So finally I called the NDVO and talked to a rep explaining my situation how GCMS notes show passport requested on Feb 18th. I tried everything but she refused to forward me to visa/immigration section. She advised me to go to the high commission between 11am and 12pm from monday to thursday and speak to a visa officer in person. She asked me to keep the passport and gcms notes along too. However I am in srinagar, kashmir and there is no way I can go to delhi with no surety that they will accept the passport.

To add to my misery I recieved the following reply from NDVO . I am totally confused now and dont know what to do.

Please advise.

NDVO Email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Your e-mail has been forwarded to the appropriate section for any necessary action. If anything further is required at this time, the section will contact the applicant or authorized representative.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration 6
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, passport number and file number in your message

malini_m

Nov 19, 2012
hi everyone -- i received an email from CIC asking me to fill a foreign travel form of all the countries that I have visited outside my country of nationality.

The problem is that the form does not state for which period they need my foreign travel details. As a permanent resident of Singapore, I must have had close to 100 trips in and out of the country on work or on holidays. And it's virtually impossible for me to track my trips by road or boat in and out of the country as singapore does not stamp my passport on entering or exiting the country, it's a scan. And my husband has lived in over countries and visited maybe 40 other countries and we can't trace each country he has visited.

What does CIC really need? And how exactly do they expect us to fill out a form with ALL our foreign travel for for WHICH PERIOID. Last 5 years? Since I was 18?

Thanks

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
malini_m said:
hi everyone -- i received an email from CIC asking me to fill a foreign travel form of all the countries that I have visited outside my country of nationality.

The problem is that the form does not state for which period they need my foreign travel details. As a permanent resident of Singapore, I must have had close to 100 trips in and out of the country on work or on holidays. And it's virtually impossible for me to track my trips by road or boat in and out of the country as singapore does not stamp my passport on entering or exiting the country, it's a scan. And my husband has lived in over countries and visited maybe 40 other countries and we can't trace each country he has visited.

What does CIC really need? And how exactly do they expect us to fill out a form with ALL our foreign travel for for WHICH PERIOID. Last 5 years? Since I was 18?

Thanks
in our case they asked the same however, the officer told us just to write on a paper in covering letter that you have visited any country or not and if yes provide details ...

malini_m

Nov 19, 2012
But my travel history is probably some 100-200 trips since I was 18 and I've visited close to 20 countries -- with multiple trips to US, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand etc for work and vacation. Tracking all those entry and exit dates will be a loooong process.

This new foreign travel form they just sent me asks for:
1. Country visited
2. Date of entry and exit
3. Purpose of Travel

And my husband has lived in 7 countries and visited 40. They want our entire travel history -- that's virtually impossible. We don't keep track of our global travel.

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
malini_m said:
But my travel history is probably some 100-200 trips since I was 18 and I've visited close to 20 countries -- with multiple trips to US, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand etc for work and vacation. Tracking all those entry and exit dates will be a loooong process.

This new foreign travel form they just sent me asks for:
1. Country visited
2. Date of entry and exit
3. Purpose of Travel

And my husband has lived in 7 countries and visited 40. They want our entire travel history -- that's virtually impossible. We don't keep track of our global travel.
Either the form should have some clarity or some guidelines on CIC if not then in my opinion you should go ahead with last 5 years I believe and use extra page as you need...
may other members can share some light on it....

saidpuria

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
jalandhar
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
08-04-2013
Passport Req..
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
dm on 9th jan
mb7057 said:
So finally I called the NDVO and talked to a rep explaining my situation how GCMS notes show passport requested on Feb 18th. I tried everything but she refused to forward me to visa/immigration section. She advised me to go to the high commission between 11am and 12pm from monday to thursday and speak to a visa officer in person. She asked me to keep the passport and gcms notes along too. However I am in srinagar, kashmir and there is no way I can go to delhi with no surety that they will accept the passport.

To add to my misery I recieved the following reply from NDVO . I am totally confused now and dont know what to do.

Please advise.

NDVO Email:
try to send some relative or friend to chandigarh or new delhi visa office on your behalf.
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Your e-mail has been forwarded to the appropriate section for any necessary action. If anything further is required at this time, the section will contact the applicant or authorized representative.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration 6
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, passport number and file number in your message

Reeyan

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 30-2012
File Transfer...
Nov 30 2012
Interview........
done!
Passport Req..
March 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM today/ Rcvd visa June 22
LANDED..........
LAnding ASAP
OCt applicant.. :)

I really hope this coming july will be our turn.. ??? Its been almost 4 month since we sent our passport.

All the 2012 applicants, BEST OF LUCK!! Its so hard to stay away for so long.. :-\

July 12 will be my 9 months now. Passport Rcvd by NDVO Marh 12,2013

PLEAS God, Bless us with speedy process.. :( Status is still application rcvd

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
Reeyan said:

I really hope this coming july will be our turn.. ??? Its been almost 4 month since we sent our passport.

All the 2012 applicants, BEST OF LUCK!! Its so hard to stay away for so long.. :-\

Absolutely,,,

its been 11 months since we applied and almost 10 months since our file reached new delhi, and since there is no progress, medical will expire next month and still WAITING... thanks god that i was able to make a visit to india to spend a month with my family , its very hard to stay away, long distance relationships are very hard to manage....

may god bless all of us who are waiting for long...

IndCan

Nov 9, 2012
Remember there are couple of guys in forum sent their passports to NDVO without PPR mail attached. Any updates on this.

Please share your experience.

realmiracle

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
Sept 5, 2013
Reeyan said:

Your status remains application received even after PPR while we jumped to in process without PPR. it seems there is no standard work flow.

Keep praying to get our pr visa done quickly.