New Delhi - 2012 applicants

mb7057

Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

I still haven`t recieved the passport request even after sending numerous emails to NDVO. My GCMS notes shows everything clear and request for passport sent on Feb 18th.. I dont know what to do, please advise? It is such a hopeless situation, I am in India currently for my wedding anniversary.

I was thinking of calling cic, any idea how to call that number from India?

Thanks

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
mb7057 said:
Hi Folks,

I still haven`t recieved the passport request even after sending numerous emails to NDVO. My GCMS notes shows everything clear and request for passport sent on Feb 18th.. I dont know what to do, please advise? It is such a hopeless situation, I am in India currently for my wedding anniversary.

Thanks
You need to submit passport as soon as possible.Usually the email they send for PP request also ask for Fee receipt and PCC if not already submitted. Also since you were not india you would have missed the second PP request through phone too.

There are others members(nabagataa,ammuknn) in the forum who missed PP request email ,please go through there post.

Telephone: 91 (11) 4178-2000

simsonks

Jun 11, 2013
Hi,

I am 2012 March applicant, Decision made on July 4, 2012, Passport request September 2012. My status- decision made, my spouse- Application received. Waiting for gcms notes. Do anybody have idea the application is in still in the status of application received since 10 months. Do anybody have similar experiences.

cdawg

Mar 27, 2011
nsarai01 said:
All my friends,

My application have changed to DM and the message is - A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Hope that is a very positive note.

All my prayers to 2012 applicants waiting for PR......
Congratulation to u and ur partner.......It is great news........Please could you share your timeline for our info.....it would be appreciated...

Thank you so much..

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
mb7057 said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks
I believe India office does not have a call center just like they have in Canada, I tried doing that , no success, I called up Canadian number and they said once the file is in delhi they have no info,. I have similar time line just like you and I got a passport request just few weeks back and even after that there is no progress, in my case medical will expire in next month and we have no answer and and "sone pe suhaga" these people are on strike...

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
v_sys said:
I believe India office does not have a call center just like they have in Canada, I tried doing that , no success, I called up Canadian number and they said once the file is in delhi they have no info,. I have similar time line just like you and I got a passport request just few weeks back and even after that there is no progress, in my case medical will expire in next month and we have no answer and and "sone pe suhaga" these people are on strike...
Hello v_sys,

ND do have call center and the number is 91 (11) 4178-2000 ,i have tried once.but they dnt reveal information about application status ,may be if the processing time exceeds you can query them.They usually help in resolving technical issues .

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
anurkk said:
Hello v_sys,

ND do have call center and the number is 91 (11) 4178-2000 ,i have tried once.but they dnt reveal information about application status ,may be if the processing time exceeds you can query them.They usually help in resolving technical issues .
Thanks, its really good to know , because i tried doing that and also calling on this number, never landed with human on the other hand, most of the time it is auto response or no answer... i will try again...

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
anurkk said:
You need to submit passport as soon as possible.Usually the email they send for PP request also ask for Fee receipt and PCC if not already submitted. Also since you were not india you would have missed the second PP request through phone too.

There are others members(nabagataa,ammuknn) in the forum who missed PP request email ,please go through there post.

Something similar happened in my case, my wife got a call in the month of may 2013 (file reached to NDVO in oct 2012) and after some basic discussion the officer on the phone said that everything looks great however we dont have your passport , how can we issue a visa, (and the fact is there was no passport request from NDVO till that date).........
its been more than a month since we submitted a passport and its been about to be 10 months since the file reached to NDVO and its about to be almost 12 months since we filed an application,, no news yet.... DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING...

the only good news that we have is the officer told my wife on the phone that your application looks ok and that you should reach to Canada before your medical expires ,,,,,,,,, but the fact is it will expire in last week of July and we still have not heard anything from NDVO and status is still In Process... i hope he will act upon what he said and that the visa will be issued before medical expires,

are people getting responses in this month despite Strike...????

mb7057

Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anurkk said:

How do I submit the passport without request? To which address? And do I need to write a cover letter ?

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
mb7057 said:
How do I submit the passport without request? To which address? And do I need to write a cover letter ?
Since in GCMS it is already mentioned that they raised PP request you can send them with cover letter and AOR.
Your PP will not be lost any how.I actually submitted PP after two months of their request and it was tagged to my file once they received it.

**Please consult with members i mentioned earlier**

You may also write letter (not email) asking them if you can submit passport.
You may approach MP for support.

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
7/8 Shantipath,
Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209
New Delhi 110021
India

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
anurkk said:
Since in GCMS it is already mentioned that they raised PP request you can send them with cover letter.Your PP will not be lost any how.I actually submitted PP after two months ..................................
I agree with anurkk, if GCMS notes says passport have been requested, you may simply go ahead and submit passport, and a write a detailed cover letter with explanation that you may have missed the request however base don GCMS notes you are submitting it,
you may try to reach them to ask but i believe it will take more time, try calling them as anurkk suggested, it may work...

mb7057

Jul 22, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks anurkk and v_sys.. I will try to call tomorrow morning and see how it goes. Thanks again

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
While it may have worked for some by sending PP w/o their request, it's advisable not to send without their letter.

You can call ND Call Centre and they will never transfer you to immigration section if you ask them politely, you need to show some type of Panic Mode with the line that Canadian Citizen looking for help ( worked twice for me )

v_sys

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-08-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Med's Done....
26-07-2012
Interview........
waiver
Passport Req..
20-May-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 - July - 2013
LANDED..........
24-July-2013
Does anyone knows what sort of VISA are been issued recently, People who recently got their passport back with stamp, is it a typical PR visa or has there been any change in this? i learned from someone (not so much of authenticated source) that they issue some sort of temporary PR visa or something similar...

Can someone please share some light on this, and also are people really getting some updates in this month or everything is stand still because of this strike....

Thanks,