waiting
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Immigrate(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Visit(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Work(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Study(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Citizenship(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
New immigrants(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Canadians(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
My Application(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
HomeMy applicationProcessing times
Processing Times: Family Sponsorship
This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2) and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package.

There are two steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time in step 1 to the time in step 2 (the two steps are consecutive).

Last update: June 5, 2013

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Is anybody is aware of this

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
torontosam said:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Immigrate(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Visit(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Work(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Study(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Citizenship(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
New immigrants(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Canadians(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
My Application(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
HomeMy applicationProcessing times
Processing Times: Family Sponsorship
This information is updated weekly (step 1) and quarterly (step 2) and shows the time it takes to process an application after we receive a complete application package.

There are two steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time in step 1 to the time in step 2 (the two steps are consecutive).

Last update: June 5, 2013

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Is anybody is aware of this
Now there is a reason to wait :D :p :D .

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
anurkk said:
Now there is a reason to wait :D :p :D .
I am not sure of PAFSO strike is real reason of delay in processing applications.

http://pafso-apase.com/news_releases.php?newsID=151

The Foreign Service entered into a legal strike position on April 2 and we initiated job action measures the same day starting with “electronic information pickets” – automatic e-mail replies informing contacts of the breakdown in contract negotiations and expressing regret for any service delay. Work-to-rule followed a week later, with FS officers refusing to do overtime, check their BlackBerries outside business hours, fill in for their bosses, or perform any tasks outside their job descriptions.

Lets see.......... :p

sallyander

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/12/2012
AOR Received.
15/01/2013
File Transfer...
15/01/2013
Med's Done....
22/04/2013
Passport Req..
02/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
May be soon
Hi,

Can anybody tell me if my husband wants to visit us during the time our my passport in NDVO, it will delay the Visa process? Its almost 6 months of Visa application and 4 months of PPR. Hence he was planning to visit Us in India. Is it ok for him to visist us? Hope this will not delay the Visa process.

Please help.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
sallyander said:
Hi,

Can anybody tell me if my husband wants to visit us during the time our my passport in NDVO, it will delay the Visa process? Its almost 6 months of Visa application and 4 months of PPR. Hence he was planning to visit Us in India. Is it ok for him to visist us? Hope this will not delay the Visa process.

Please help.
If he is a citizen there are no restrictions. If he is a PR himself then he can make short trips of 2 to 3 weeks without any problem.
All the best!

chd123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-02-2012
Med's Request
remed 11-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Interview........
08-08-2012
Passport Req..
27-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
in process from 08-08-2012
sallyander said:
Hi,

Please help.
he can visit u actually it makes ur case more genuine.all the best

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
If PAFSO are on strike from 2nd April 2013; in that case how other people are getting their applications processed?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: so many people got their DM from April 2nd 2013 .........Why we are victim of this stupid strike........... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
waitingsince2004 said:
If PAFSO are on strike from 2nd April 2013; in that case how other people are getting their applications processed?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: so many people got their DM from April 2nd 2013 .........Why we are victim of this stupid strike........... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
May be VO's working on our file walked out ;) and others are working as usual 8)

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
waitingsince2004 said:
Walking out started only this month! Hope they solve this fast and all people will get their DM's very soon.

delcan

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
More News

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2013/06/07/strike-by-canadian-diplomats-spreads-worldwide/

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/touch/news/canada/Breaking+Mass+walkouts+diplomats+Ottawa+missions+abroad/8488763/story.html?rel=825269

Dipali101

Apr 15, 2013
Hi,
I have received my visa on 7th June in my CPR the destination city is written as "Mississauga" as my husband were working but recenly my husband is shifted to Calgary... is it okay if i directly go to Calgary? or should i need to go Mississauga and then do the formalities for PR and take the flight for Calgary?
Please help.

maverick.dexter

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
27 Feb 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013...DM: 14 Aug 2013
Dipali101 said:
Hi,
I have received my visa on 7th June in my CPR the destination city is written as "Mississauga" as my husband were working but recenly my husband is shifted to Calgary... is it okay if i directly go to Calgary? or should i need to go Mississauga and then do the formalities for PR and take the flight for Calgary?
Please help.
Congrats Dipali! If you dont mind sharing can you tell what additional documents were requested in your case?

cdawg

Mar 27, 2011
Dipali101 said:
Hi,
Please help.
Hello,

Congratulation....it's great...Your wait is over....could you please share your timeline?

Have great life ahead in Canada...

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
Dipali101 said:
Hi,
Please help.
First Of all congratulations Dipali......

Yes you can land directly to Calgary however if you are flying from India, I am sure you have to be land in Pearson International first to catch another flight to Calgary. :p

Have a wonderful life in Canada.