ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiting1234 said:
Did they mention in the gcms what the next bring forward date was.. BFD
No, as far as I can tell, they don't mention the BFDs. I am just judging by the dates that there has been activity. They seem to be putting a 1-month BFD on there, hence the activity on Feb 9, then March 9, and then April 9. My GCMS was printed on April 15th, and showed last activity on April 9th.

I ordered GCMS again last week, so I should receive it by end of June.

yoosufalipp

Mar 20, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
08-06-2011
ammuknn said:
No, as far as I can tell, they don't mention the BFDs. I am just judging by the dates that there has been activity. They seem to be putting a 1-month BFD on there, hence the activity on Feb 9, then March 9, and then April 9. My GCMS was printed on April 15th, and showed last activity on April 9th.

I ordered GCMS again last week, so I should receive it by end of June.
You can defenitly find BFD in GCM note. It will be mentioned as "Due date " rather BFD in first page itself.

yoosufalipp

Mar 20, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
08-06-2011
Hi all new applicants.

Its feel very bad when we check the ECAS everyday and no updates. For overcoming this problem, there is one Ecas tracker. If you register there, you will get all status updates by Email. You can forget about Ecas and engage in some other works and get relaxed. I found it as useful. I never checked Ecas and I was getting the updates by Email.

If you want you can try it here. It is free service for individuals. https://ecas.carroll.org.uk

nabagataa

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th September, 2012
AOR Received.
2nd November, 2012
File Transfer...
2nd November, 2012
Med's Done....
13th August, 2012
is there a requirement that the journey has to be made before the medical expires?? or is it 1 year from the date of your visa??

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
nabagataa said:
is there a requirement that the journey has to be made before the medical expires?? or is it 1 year from the date of your visa??
Medicals are valid for 1 year from the date you have done your Medicals.Visa Officer has the power to extend medicals for 3 more months ...For example if you have done Medicals on 1 June 2012 they will expire on 1 June 2013 whether Visa issued or not issued...

Visa validity will be till the expiry of the medicals..

torontosam

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-05-2013
File Transfer...
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I got PPR today by email

torontosam

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-05-2013
File Transfer...
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
06-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
torontosam said:
I got PPR today by email
I got PPR today by email
can anyone tell me the exact address for new delhi where to send the passport
Thanks

aks.asr1

Jan 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosam said:
I got PPR today by email
can anyone tell me the exact address for new delhi where to send the passport
Thanks
Congrats!!!!!
Here is the address were you need to ship your passport: 7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021.

Thanks!

Reeyan

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 30-2012
File Transfer...
Nov 30 2012
Interview........
done!
Passport Req..
March 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM today/ Rcvd visa June 22
LANDED..........
LAnding ASAP
ANY BODY FROM NEPAL WAITING FOR PASSPORT WITH VISA OR ALREADY GOT PASSPORT WITH VISA??????

I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK .

HOW DID U GET PASSPORT IN HAND OR HOW ARE WE GETTING PASSPORT BACK???>>>

I know they send with registered post but ours is not like India delivering door to door. We have a post box that is in post office. WE have to go there physically to receive it but we dont know when CIC is sending passport since they dont send any letter indicating they are sending our passport. ALSO POST OFFICE WORKERS dont call to say we have a important docs in the mail waiting....

PLEASE LET ME KNOW>>>>>THANKS ALOT..

Fewmoreweeks

Mar 25, 2013
Reeyan said:
ANY BODY FROM NEPAL WAITING FOR PASSPORT WITH VISA OR ALREADY GOT PASSPORT WITH VISA??????

I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK .

HOW DID U GET PASSPORT IN HAND OR HOW ARE WE GETTING PASSPORT BACK???>>>

I know they send with registered post but ours is not like India delivering door to door. We have a post box that is in post office. WE have to go there physically to receive it but we dont know when CIC is sending passport since they dont send any letter indicating they are sending our passport. ALSO POST OFFICE WORKERS dont call to say we have a important docs in the mail waiting....

PLEASE LET ME KNOW>>>>>THANKS ALOT..
I'm from nepal and I submitted passport more than 2months back through fedex. They don't deliver passport to post box. One of my friends received it through FedEx, but it took more than 2 weeks after DM. My other fren sent it through VFS and got it back in 2 days after decision made. I didn't know that VFS accepts PP for permanent residents, that's why didn't bother asking them, now I don't know how much time it will take to get it back. If any one is sending PP now from Nepal, I strongly suggest them to use VFS, which is the most reliable way.

ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yoosufalipp said:
You can defenitly find BFD in GCM note. It will be mentioned as "Due date " rather BFD in first page itself.
There is no "due date" anywhere on the first page. By the bottom of the second page, there is an area under Application Assignment, where there are fields Assigned to, Assigned by, and Due Date. All three fields are empty. I don't think this is it.

Farther down, under Eligibility Assessment:
Updated date: 2013/04/09
Status date: 2013/04/10
Due date: 2013/11/14 <-- This is 1 year from the date my file was transferred to NDVO

Under Admissibilities, there is:
Security:
Updated date: 2012/11/04
Status date: 2012/11/04
Due date: 2012/12/04 <-- This due date is in the past

Criminality:
Updated date: 2012/11/04
Due date: 2012/12/04 <-- This due date is in the past

Medical:
Updated date: 2012/11/14
Due date: 2013/11/03

So clearly, this "Due Date" is not the BFD.

waiting1234

Star Member
May 28, 2013
So from your post, it looks like you have passed eligibility but are awaiting security and criminality. Do I read that correctly?

ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some news on the strike:

Canadian diplomats in 12 countries walk off the job
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadian-envoys-in-12-countries-walk-off-the-job/article12380040/
"Diplomats stationed at 12 Canadian missions abroad walked off the job on Thursday in the most significant escalation since foreign service officers began a work-to-rule campaign earlier this year."

"Immigration officers in some of Canada’s largest processing centres in China and India also walked off the job on Thursday."
Foreign service officers walk off job, targeting Harper trip and other travel
http://www2.macleans.ca/2013/06/06/foreign-service-officers-walk-off-job-targeting-harper-trip-and-other-travel/
"While essential workers will remain on the job, the walkouts will stall processing of immigration applications as well as things such as trade talks and ministerial visits."
Sounds like they are coinciding it with Harper's big G8 Summit trip to get attention. Hopefully the govt. will respond, and this will be resolved soon!

ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiting1234 said:
So from your post, it looks like you have passed eligibility but are awaiting security and criminality. Do I read that correctly?
Yes, that's what I understand too.
There is a note that says among other things:
****Interview waiver recommended. **** ... FOSS checked for PA and sponsor - nothing adverse. ... The relationship appears to be genuine. File sent to officer for review."
The eligibility has only been "recommended passed" - it seems the final decision is still remaining on it.
The PPR email from them bounced, so I'm still waiting for them to re-send it. I sent them a couple of emails, but they probably won't see those until the next BFD, which I expect to be June 9th. That's my best guess.

LunarNymph

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2013
File Transfer...
23-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-May-2013
LANDED..........
SOON!!!!
Hello Friends,

Got some GOOD NEWS to share with you all....FINALLY received the PP with PRV stamp via Registered Post TODAY!!!!! :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D
So happy and relieved at the same time!!!!

The PRV was stamped on May 31st...and the address on E-cas changed on June 4th (I didn't get a chance to post this info on the forum earlier in the week).

@ bachansoo, @ ragi, @ yoosuffalipp..... you guys are NEXT! ;)

I sincerely hope all of you get your PP with visa SOON!!!! Sending out positive vibes from my end to all of you! :)