12/9/2012
File Transfer...
26/10/2012
Passport Req..
14/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon inshaAllah
Zeenish said:
Hey thanks alot Mumble, Maple, and Waiting!!

So happy to help you, Maple. Mumble- I'm definitely doing good, Thanks! I barely came on here the last month though. I was crazy busy with my bros wedding. And just right after, I got my visa!:)

Just thought I'd share my story with you all. I have been away from my hubby for the past 1 year. Yes, we applied late. He had just moved to TO..and didn't even have a job. It took him a good 4 months to find a decent job. I applied for Canadian visa thrice- rejected all the three times. The first hit was the worst, when I hadn't done any home work. I had traveled alot. Refusal was never on my mind. I had packed my bags and booked my tickets for the very day I was to receive my passport...and a refusal letter to the country that I want to move to and where my husband lives was unacceptable. That was the worst time ever in the whole year. My health deteriorated. My husband came down though only for a week, but that helped a great deal. I started to feel better. We applied again. Refused. We then filed in our PR application, which was a task in itself, considering that I had to send PCCs from 2 other countries besides India. Anyhow, applied for TRV again, only to be refused again! Living without my husband got easier now, knowing that it's only a matter of time until I see him again.

I had to do something, something to get my mind off this. It always was, but I needed something to put it on the backburner and appreciate what I have now. Most of you, I know live with their own parents and families. I lived with my inlaws all along..as my family lives outside India. It wasn't always easy. But every morning I'd tell myself that I am gonna be busy with something, anything that is. I'm gonna make the most of my day. There is no denial that my inlaws are awesome people...but some days were very umm meh . Some obligations get difficult, especially when you dont have your partner or job or anything going on for you. You begin to wonder where is your life heading, while the world is moving insanely fast! It scared me and drove me crazy. But I overcame all that. We all do under pressure. We develop such extraordinary patience, endurance and persistence under pressure that it's unbelievable! We get stronger by each day because thats the only option we have..isn't it?:)

I'm really happy I got the visa, which I thought would take really long time. I was prepared. I thought my case was "complicated". I was fed that I have travel history, which is the root cause of delays or declines! Second, I have lived in the middle east for a long time too. Third, I was once refused Canadian PR as a dependent. Fourth, I had sent Indian PCC from the Indian consulate in NZ...because the regional passport office/commissioners office/CID office in Bombay would not issue me one as my passport was issued outside the country. Isn't that crazy? What rights do I have as a citizen of this country? So yea my case was so complicated it could take forever to process. Dont wanna take no names, but I just want to request members not to stir tension on the forum with false information. Every case is different, every visa officer is different. Sooner or later you're going to be with your partners. Just hang in there!:)

And a certain thing I tell you guys-All this cursing, waiting and laughing at your own misery disappears the minute you see your address change. It's one of the best feelings you'd ever have. I can't remember my tears....I don't want to. :) Very few things are worth the wait..yea!:)

Thankyou everyone for helping me through this journey! :)
Thts really sweet of u to share ur experience..it's really motivating..I ws worried tht there might b delay in my case as I lived in UAE since childhood so it's good to knw tht there r applicants who hav lived outside India for long time n didn't any prob coz of tht..thnx for sharing this info..I feel confident now..:)

Thinkpad

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
Passport Req..
27-07-2012 ( Delivered 10-Aug, In Process 10-Sep )
LANDED..........
ON
parthpatel204 said:
Hello Thinkpad

when you sent inquiry by using this form, did you get any conformation it saying your inquiry has been submitted or something else
I got an automated response from 're-delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca' within a few seconds after I hit submit on the form. This was back in August, a few days after they received my passport (feels like a few YEARS now)...then i got a response from them in Oct confirming that they have my passport on file and that they cant say anything more than that.

Did it help...YES...cos atleast I know that my passport has done half of its journey (the other half being back to me :) )

H.beri

Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/9/2012
File Transfer...
26/10/2012
Passport Req..
14/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon inshaAllah
Saag2012 said:
hey zeenish, your story is truly heart-breaking but im glad it has ended well. new life and new beginnings! :D alls well that ends well. you are a fighter and with this we take nothing but positivity and learnings from you. btw im also from uae.

all the best! :D
Good to knw u r als frm UAE ..n sep applicant too..:) hope they strt processing August n September soon...it's been 4 months nw!!!!!

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Zeenish said:
And a certain thing I tell you guys-All this cursing, waiting and laughing at your own misery disappears the minute you see your address change. It's one of the best feelings you'd ever have. I can't remember my tears....I don't want to. :) Very few things are worth the wait..yea!:)

Wow Zeenish! You are a trooper! Our stories are very similar though. Phew! Thanks girl! After reading this my worries about
a) My India PCC issued from another country have disappeared
b) my worries that my extensive travel may cause a delay has disappeared!

I'm thankful that I get to live with my awesome family! Reading your story gives me strength. Thanks! :)

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
mumble said:
you are glued to the forum today.
:D

I'm so glad I have this forum!

nreddyd9

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-aug-2012
File Transfer...
19-oct-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-Jan-2013
@ Zeenish : Soo nice of u to share ur experience!!! Wish u all the very best for the new start of life :)

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
Hey Hey Guys!

Don't be so serious ...let me make it bit lighter.....

Three men were traveling in Europe and happened to meet at a bar in London. One man was from England, one from France and one from Canada. They got acquainted and started talking about their problems with their wives.
The guy from England began by saying: "I told my wife in no uncertain terms that from now on she would have to do the cooking. Well the first day after I told her, I saw nothing. The second day I saw nothing. But on the third day when I came home from work, the table was set, a wonderful dinner was prepared with wine and even dessert."
Then the man from France spoke up: "I sat my wife down and told her, that from now on she would have to do all the shopping, and
also do the cleaning. The first day I saw nothing. The second day I saw nothing. But on the third day when I came home, the whole house was spotless, and in the pantry the shelves were filled with groceries.
The fellow from Canada was married to an enlightened woman from the prairies... He sat up straight on the bar stool, pushed out his chest and said: "I gave my wife a stern look and told her, that from now on she would have to do the cooking, shopping and housecleaning. Well the first day I saw nothing. The second day I still saw nothing. But on the third day I could see a little bit out of my left eye ..."

Cheers!........ Tomorrow will be our day to get DM for sure. :p :p :p

Good Luck

jitsak

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17april2012
AOR Received.
7 july 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3 aug 2012 decsion made since sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
issued on 10 Sept 2012 (but received on 23 Jan 2013)
LANDED..........
19 feb 2013
mumble said:
I have been facing a dilemma, a new one. There is this new thing my relatives have come up with. They are convinced that the delay is due to (my) negative attitude and there is a book called 'The secret' which I should read and be positive.

Frankly, I do not have any issues with any sort of book. The issue due to this is, I am not able to vent my frustration at home. I am supposed to be positive at home now (As, I have 'the secret' now). Trust me, it killing me. I can be positive 80% of time, but not always. I am a human i think, (clearly NDVO doesn't). Hence the scream in my previous post.

(That scream should be read as a blood curdling wail of a white sari clad ghost waiting in a moonless night, for her revenge for like 100 years.)

Did anyone have such an experience? (not the scream, the positive attitude gyan one)

hahaha...same thing has been said to me also ;D

SRNizami

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-12-2012 and 15-02-2013
AOR Received.
02-08-2012
File Transfer...
09-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with the application
Passport Req..
27-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
.....waiting
LANDED..........
.....waiting
Zeenish said:
Hey thanks alot Mumble, Maple, and Waiting!!

So happy to help you, Maple. Mumble- I'm definitely doing good, Thanks! I barely came on here the last month though. I was crazy busy with my bros wedding. And just right after, I got my visa!:)

Just thought I'd share my story with you all. I have been away from my hubby for the past 1 year. Yes, we applied late. He had just moved to TO..and didn't even have a job. It took him a good 4 months to find a decent job. I applied for Canadian visa thrice- rejected all the three times. The first hit was the worst, when I hadn't done any home work. I had traveled alot. Refusal was never on my mind. I had packed my bags and booked my tickets for the very day I was to receive my passport...and a refusal letter to the country that I want to move to and where my husband lives was unacceptable. That was the worst time ever in the whole year. My health deteriorated. My husband came down though only for a week, but that helped a great deal. I started to feel better. We applied again. Refused. We then filed in our PR application, which was a task in itself, considering that I had to send PCCs from 2 other countries besides India. Anyhow, applied for TRV again, only to be refused again! Living without my husband got easier now, knowing that it's only a matter of time until I see him again.

I had to do something, something to get my mind off this. It always was, but I needed something to put it on the backburner and appreciate what I have now. Most of you, I know live with their own parents and families. I lived with my inlaws all along..as my family lives outside India. It wasn't always easy. But every morning I'd tell myself that I am gonna be busy with something, anything that is. I'm gonna make the most of my day. There is no denial that my inlaws are awesome people...but some days were very umm meh . Some obligations get difficult, especially when you dont have your partner or job or anything going on for you. You begin to wonder where is your life heading, while the world is moving insanely fast! It scared me and drove me crazy. But I overcame all that. We all do under pressure. We develop such extraordinary patience, endurance and persistence under pressure that it's unbelievable! We get stronger by each day because thats the only option we have..isn't it?:)

I'm really happy I got the visa, which I thought would take really long time. I was prepared. I thought my case was "complicated". I was fed that I have travel history, which is the root cause of delays or declines! Second, I have lived in the middle east for a long time too. Third, I was once refused Canadian PR as a dependent. Fourth, I had sent Indian PCC from the Indian consulate in NZ...because the regional passport office/commissioners office/CID office in Bombay would not issue me one as my passport was issued outside the country. Isn't that crazy? What rights do I have as a citizen of this country? So yea my case was so complicated it could take forever to process. Dont wanna take no names, but I just want to request members not to stir tension on the forum with false information. Every case is different, every visa officer is different. Sooner or later you're going to be with your partners. Just hang in there!:)

All of us can relate to it in some way. All I can say is, we are very happy for u! May the Almighty bless you, always! Good luck and have a great life ahead

Abuzz

Jul 31, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
File Transfer...
15-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
Can someone please update the spreadsheet for me? Our PPR came 11/01/2012, no news since then.... I'm hoping for something by end of Feb do you think that is reasonable?

jitsak

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17april2012
AOR Received.
7 july 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3 aug 2012 decsion made since sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
issued on 10 Sept 2012 (but received on 23 Jan 2013)
LANDED..........
19 feb 2013
jitsak said:
hahaha...same thing has been said to me also ;D
went to the embassy today...they told me that shud chk my status online only..they cannot tell anything. also i shud send a mail for any enquiry...which i've already sent 2 months back...so it was of no use at alll....waste of time...

GulzarND

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 JAN, 2013
AOR Received.
25 JAN, 2013
File Transfer...
25 JAN, 2013
Med's Done....
04 JAN, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
11 MAR, 2013
LANDED..........
VERY SOON.
Good Morning to everyone here !!! I am monitoring this thread since more than 4 months now. I appreciate all you guys doing very well to keep going in the waiting game.

I wish all of you get the speedy visa as soon as possible.

Jan 12, 2013
waitingsince2004 said:
The Visa Letter

there will be a letter comin in my name

everyone will see

it will come than everyone will see

than see what happens to me

all will see

it will come............

again that foreigner is in my thoughts

again I'm startin to feel sad

the tears will start to fall see

it will come

trust me

I'm not lying

my heart was broken

hope was not broken

my god wont be upset with me no more

it will come........

will read to all

when this news

i will be shy

my eyes wont meet with anyone

my lips will tremble

The Visa letter will come for sure :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nice one !!!

Jan 12, 2013
I wrote this for my wife last valentine day

When I am old enough to forget who I am, I promise
I will remember you by the quivering lips, when I first kissed you
the softness of your skin, when I first touched you
and aroma of your hair and body, when I lay beside you.

The oceans and mountain between us cultivate our tree of love
For now, I see your shimmering smile reflect off the moon
I long to feel the soft touch of your skin against mine
While you sail home across the stormy seas to the harbor of my love

coolguys3

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Calgary
Thinkpad said:
I got an automated response from 're-delhi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca' within a few seconds after I hit submit on the form. This was back in August, a few days after they received my passport (feels like a few YEARS now)...then i got a response from them in Oct confirming that they have my passport on file and that they cant say anything more than that.

Did it help...YES...cos atleast I know that my passport has done half of its journey (the other half being back to me :) )
Is there a confirmation that NDVO gives when it receives the passport? As far as i was told by my lawyer that no confirmation is given when the passport is either received or once it is processed and sent by NDVO. You just have to wait for the return of your prepaid envelope (i.e. SPEED POST envelope as there is no prepaid private courier service available in India) that you had submitted when u sent the passport.
Does anyone know of a contact number or email id on which i can contact to get the stauts? I have submitted my passport on 30th Sept and still it shows "Application Received". I have not received any updated from thereon...

:'(