Med's Done....
16th Oct 2012
Passport Req..
9th Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
hope so...
LANDED..........
soon...
file transfer to CIC-ND on 5th April 2012...its more than 125 days gone....E cas still shows ''Application Recevied''.....OMG !!! How much wait !!!!! :mad: :mad:

S

sriramvenkataramani

Re: Permanent Residence Application Status - "Decision Made"

CanadaVisa2012 said:
Thats good news...congrats. you will get your PP soon with visa...:)
Thanks. I am currently on a work permit in Canada so I gave my return address as my parent's in Mumbai. CIC-ND seems to have changed my home address in CAS to just Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Does anyone know why?

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012

sriramvenkataramani said:
Thanks. I am currently on a work permit in Canada so I gave my return address as my parent's in Mumbai. CIC-ND seems to have changed my home address in CAS to just Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Does anyone know why?
Address change to city is normal when the DM is approved, congrats!!

kishu

Star Member
May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-May-2012
AOR Received.
11-Jul-2012
File Transfer...
16-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
01-May-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
03-Oct-2012
lalatata said:
Congrats Ashu! Congrats Kanika! Done eh! Must be feeling lighter in the head! Well, I do .

Got the passport,COPR and all my pictures back ( i really wanted the pics, spent like 100$ for printing lol)

They did not sent the passport till Aug 7th for us and that they did as I had to ask my MP to intervene, but glad its done now.

I am going to get my notes in 4-5 days( it would be interesting to see what it shows ) and I think that CIC was actually contacted the very same day they did my DM for the notes lol - Call it perfect TIMING or what not! :p , hence a delay for sending back the passport

OR it could be that it was taking them time to DISCARD my proofs (given my package was over 5000 pages thick!)

As I know for sure that once the DM is showing with the city,province -> they must have send the passport back and it do not take more then 5-8 business days for them to send it back.. they never send it back till aug 7 hence we did not get it. They did not issue the COPR till Aug 7 hence the city and province did not show up on ECAS even after DM.

Good luck to all who are in line... I am sure its going to happen soon for all
ashunandal said:
ohhhh woooow, its a great news ;) Congratulations lalatata!!!!
MY visa was stamped on 3rd of august and dispatch date is 9th. there is no photo on the visa :eek: :eek: but they attached one photo to COPR. i hope its same with you ;)
wish you a great future with your spouse. :)
lalatata & ashu - so, you get the passport (stamped with visa) and COPR as well along with it? I was under the impression COPR document is given when you complete your landing process in Canada. No?

S

sriramvenkataramani

Arjun3 said:
Address change to city is normal when the DM is approved, congrats!!
Thanks again. I'll keep the forum updated once I get the passport.

KaviVenk

Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-08-2012, In process Sept. 20th, Decision Made Sept 23, Passport Returned Sept 27th!

Hi congrats! Could you please tell me how you sent the passport to New Delhi?

Thanks.
:)

KaviVenk

Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-08-2012, In process Sept. 20th, Decision Made Sept 23, Passport Returned Sept 27th!
Could someone please help me with my query below?

Thanks.
:D

KaviVenk said:
Hi Folks,

Our situation is similar to above. Applicant is in US. So we're considering sending the passport with a trusted friend to India from where it will be mailed to New Delhi. Current mailing address is in the US, however we will change that to local mailing address, so that New Delhi can send the passport back locally.

Two Scenarios:

Scenario 1
Now, if the interview is requested before passport can be stamped with visa, then, we are hoping that we can avail of the emergency certificate for one way travel to India, in which case the applicant will have no option but to stay in India until the passport is returned since emergency certificate will not be allowed for return journey. What are your opinions about the use of the emergency certificate to travel to India in this case? And I guess time frame to receive the passport may take about 3 - 4 weeks after an interview, is that right? The only other option besides an emergency certificate is to request New Delhi to send the passport back to US (I read somewhere on the forums that somebody requested from UK and they got passport back for travel to interview), this option is not something we are relying on as much as the emergency certificate. What are the chances of this scenario, ie. an interview being requested after the PPR?

Scenario 2
Now if no interview is requested, and the passport is sent back to local mailing address with visa, then I guess we can also get a trusted friend to bring the passport back to the US, and applicant can do the landing from the US. Is this possible?

We appreciate your opinion and insight into our situation. Thanks for all your feedback!

Cheers! :D

reetottal

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-5-2012
AOR Received.
5-7-2012
File Transfer...
10-7-2012
Med's Done....
2-4-2012
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
30-7-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 sep 2012.. passport received on 8 oct
LANDED..........
landing on 19 oct
FinAlly my mailing address of india updated on my ecas....

KaviVenk

Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
Hi Reetottal, how did you notify them to change your mailing address to local mailing address in India?

Thanks.

:D

reetottal said:
FinAlly my mailing address of india updated on my ecas....

Zeenish

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-June-2012
AOR Received.
25-July-2012
File Transfer...
30-July-2012
Med's Done....
15-March-2012
Interview........
Waived?
Passport Req..
14-08-2012...Travelling..sent it on 17th September...Started processing on 16thOct!:-)
VISA ISSUED...
8-Jan-2013..FINALLY!:-)
smvi said:
ANY Updates for PPR or decision made today?

Nope :-( taking long!

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
we have submitted the spousal sponsorship on Aug 7th to CIC mississauga. Application received on Aug 9th....can someone tell me what is the next step or whether I should expect any intimation from CIC???

Thanks
V

S

sriramvenkataramani

KaviVenk said:
Hi congrats! Could you please tell me how you sent the passport to New Delhi?

Thanks.
:)
That was my biggest hurdle.

I heard from a lot of people that sending the passport via mail / courier is illegal and I confirmed that with the consulate in Toronto. I am not really sure how that is enforced though - does the Indian customs open up every single package that's shipped in?

Anyways, both CIC-New Delhi and the Indian Consulate were OK with sending the passport to India via a relative or a friend. A relative of mine in the US went to India in mid-July so I sent it through them and they sent it via Blue Dart to CIC-ND. Blue Dart gives you delivery confirmation which I promptly emailed to CIC-ND.

Now I have to have it sent back from someone coming from India... :)

Anyways, I would wish the Indian Govt. would ease up on this restriction. I speak for others too who can't just drop their work for a few months and stay put in India to get their passports stamped. There isn't much difference in sending the passport via courier or through a relative - we are getting our passports stamped in absentia anyways.

S

sriramvenkataramani

VPS said:
we have submitted the spousal sponsorship on Aug 7th to CIC mississauga. Application received on Aug 9th....can someone tell me what is the next step or whether I should expect any intimation from CIC???

Thanks
V
Hi,

Did you send your medical results, police certificates and both payments together? The first round for spousal class usually takes around 60 days depending on how complete the sponsor's documentation is.

Zeenish

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-June-2012
AOR Received.
25-July-2012
File Transfer...
30-July-2012
Med's Done....
15-March-2012
Interview........
Waived?
Passport Req..
14-08-2012...Travelling..sent it on 17th September...Started processing on 16thOct!:-)
VISA ISSUED...
8-Jan-2013..FINALLY!:-)

That was my biggest hurdle.

I heard from a lot of people that sending the passport via mail / courier is illegal and I confirmed that with the consulate in Toronto. I am not really sure how that is enforced though - does the Indian customs open up every single package that's shipped in?

Anyways, both CIC-New Delhi and the Indian Consulate were OK with sending the passport to India via a relative or a friend. A relative of mine in the US went to India in mid-July so I sent it through them and they sent it via Blue Dart to CIC-ND. Blue Dart gives you delivery confirmation which I promptly emailed to CIC-ND.

Now I have to have it sent back from someone coming from India... :)

Anyways, I would wish the Indian Govt. would ease up on this restriction. I speak for others too who can't just drop their work for a few months and stay put in India to get their passports stamped. There isn't much difference in sending the passport via courier or through a relative - we are getting our passports stamped in absentia anyways.

Hey thanks! Good to know that CIC is ok with sending passport via friend. I am expecting my PPR anytime soon I guess..and I cannot travel until like early October. Hopefully, I'll find someone with whom I can send my passport an dother details.

Ok this ones for the senior members- I have read about how easy and straightforward cases are with no travel history. I want to know what if there is a huge deal of travel history...what happens then? does it take way too long or what exactly goes wrong? I have a travel history of 12 years.

jas515

Star Member
Jul 25, 2012
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Passport Req..
16-07-2012 in process from 16-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012 ...takes 209 days ....hurrrrrr got my PP on 29 -10-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012

hi congratulations .. jst want to know dat when did ur file tranfer to new delhi and when u got ppr request ?