July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
drk110us said:
but i have already met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for my relative(s) and my application has been forwarded to a New Delhi visa office for further processing. so now i am in India because i met for requirements for eligibility as a sponsor,
so why?
it doesnt matter, they mentioned very clearly that PR sponsor must stay inside Canada for whole processing and im 100% sure about that. you are supposed to inform CIC about any change in your address or entering/leaving Canada, if you return back to India right now, your trip can be considered as a family visit. i would say, if you are living in India during processing, you are forcing them to reject your wife's application. one of my friend was in same situation and i asked one lawyer/immigration consultant about that, they suggested him to leave india asap before CIC comes to know about that.
it will take only few months for your wife's PR processing and then you can live together forever.

jot1988

Star Member
May 5, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
29 May 2012
File Transfer...
7 June 2012
Med's Done....
24 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26 June 2012 (Received by New Delhi VO on 28 June 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2012
LANDED..........
9 Sep 2012
ashunandal said:
dont worry, im a jan applicant and still waiting. you should contact your local MP to get status of your application, it will take only 1-2 days to get reply from MP.
best of luck
Congratulations Ashu. I'll contact MP soon

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
zeeshayn said:
Hi I have a question, I have sent application on march 13 got approved on June 18, PPR on July 6 now waiting for next step from VO ND, I remember now that my wife has sent only 2 photographs with application while they need 6, when I sent PP I did not sent my photographs with that package, now the question is, should I send my photographs or wait for their mail.
she should have sent her photos with passport but if you want you can send now and provide all details of applicant outside of package and write one letter explaining what is inside and why?? if you wait for there reply for additional docs, it will delay your processing time by at least one month.
hope it helps
best of luck :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
jot1988 said:
Congratulations Ashu. I'll contact MP soon
thanks jot, i hope you receive your visa soon :)\
good luck :)

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
SBDelhi! congrats to you for getting the passport back!

Ashunandal! Congrats for getting the DM. I am in the same boat as you as far as the DM with no Canadian City, Province part. I know that This part shows up and folks receive the passport back for sure! The showing up of this part on ECAS means that the COPR and the VISA has BEEN issued after the DM was made.

As far as I can tell, They DO NOT REJECT a PR application without an Interview. In my case there was no interview so I would like to think there is atleast no rejection just a wait for CIC to issue the visa and COPR and that will make the city,province part showing up in ECAS. If ND have sent the passport back to the applicant, I am sure it does not take more then 8-10 days to get to the applicant. In my case its been over that time so i know due to not showing up of the City,province that it makes sense for us to not get back the passport yet.

I would be worried if the Canadian City, province was showing up and it was over 10 days for me to not get back the passport as that would mean may be delay due to postal services glitch (inaccurate add, no one at home etc )

BTW for folks who want to know what happens if no one at home or wrong add, the passport should get back to CIC and ND will then call,email contact the applicant to come pick it up from the office

For Ashu.. I would say that since you had your interview and your officer seems to be satisfied with your responses, it will be a matter of days for the issuance of the visa. THE ECAS should reflect the city,province -> that indicates that COPR,VISA was issued.

The importance of the city,province is that they need this on the COPR for processing and the moment they issue it, it shows up on ECAS and the passport is mailed back.

For me it do not show up, it could be due to backlog or perhaps taking longer to discard all the 1000 pages of proofs I sent so that they can finalize and issue the visa and copr..

I would suggest to wait..

zeeshayn

Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2012
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
18-06-2012
File Transfer...
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
Interview........
Through Phone on 27th Aug 2012
Passport Req..
06-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on 6th Sept, PP received with visa on 8th Sept
LANDED..........
Will be travelling on 27th of Sept
ashunandal said:
she should have sent her photos with passport but if you want you can send now and provide all details of applicant outside of package and write one letter explaining what is inside and why?? if you wait for there reply for additional docs, it will delay your processing time by at least one month.
hope it helps
Thanks Ahu, I will send my photos by tomm.

heartly

Jul 5, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2012
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Passport Req..
15-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.......................
hello every1,
I am a silent member of this website not use to comment but regularly read all comments,
my file transferred to ND on 28th May,
PPR on 15th june,
but nothing yet on Ecas,
only showing application received, so confused.
can I try to contact MP ? how to contact MP and that is procedure can any ! help me?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
lalatata said:
SBDelhi! congrats to you for getting the passport back!

Ashunandal! Congrats for getting the DM. I am in the same boat as you as far as the DM with no Canadian City, Province part. I know that This part shows up and folks receive the passport back for sure! The showing up of this part on ECAS means that the COPR and the VISA has BEEN issued after the DM was made.

As far as I can tell, They DO NOT REJECT a PR application without an Interview. In my case there was no interview so I would like to think there is atleast no rejection just a wait for CIC to issue the visa and COPR and that will make the city,province part showing up in ECAS.
thanks lalatata and yes you are right, they dont reject without interview, you dont need to think about that part. i hope they will update Canadian address soon and send our passport back with COPR :)

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
heartly said:
hello every1,
I am a silent member of this website not use to comment but regularly read all comments,
my file transferred to ND on 28th May,
PPR on 15th june,
but nothing yet on Ecas,
only showing application received, so confused.
can I try to contact MP ? how to contact MP and that is procedure can any ! help me?
yes you can contact your MP by phone/email or direct walk in their office, you need to send them one consent form to authorize them to request information from CIC on your behalf.
link for consent form is
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

aussiankk

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 March 2012
File Transfer...
26 June 2012
Med's Done....
15 March 2012
Passport Req..
21st Sept 2012 by Phone. Passport received at ND on 25th Sept and "in process" from 20 Sept. Address change on 18 October
VISA ISSUED...
22 October 2012
LANDED..........
26 October 2012
drk110us said:
but i have already met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for my relative(s) and my application has been forwarded to a New Delhi visa office for further processing. so now i am in India because i met for requirements for eligibility as a sponsor,
so why?
This is what the CIC webpage says- "you can leave and re-enter Canada while your application is being processed as long as you meet all requirements to enter Canada" So I think visiting for a short period back to India is fine. However don;t delay your stay! Why do you want complications???

@ Ashunandal- After one met the sponsorship approval, I suppose sponsor may visit India for say couple of weeks. I don;t think that will affect the process. But as you said, staying for longer period might be problematic as your address may not be valid anymore however, when you visit India, your Canadian address will still remain valid so no worries for couple of weeks I guess.

When you said- "they mentioned very clearly that PR sponsor must stay inside Canada for whole processing and im 100% sure about that." Can you site that information?? Thanks,

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
aussiankk said:
This is what the CIC webpage says- "you can leave and re-enter Canada while your application is being processed as long as you meet all requirements to enter Canada" So I think visiting for a short period back to India is fine. However don;t delay your stay! Why do you want complications???

@ Ashunandal- After one met the sponsorship approval, I suppose sponsor may visit India for say couple of weeks. I don;t think that will affect the process. But as you said, staying for longer period might be problematic as your address may not be valid anymore however, when you visit India, your Canadian address will still remain valid so no worries for couple of weeks I guess.

When you said- "they mentioned very clearly that PR sponsor must stay inside Canada for whole processing and im 100% sure about that." Can you site that information?? Thanks,
Sponsor can visit applicant outside of canada for a short period(2-3 weeks) , The sponsor should head back home(canada) after that.. This is to be followed till the applicant lands in Canada.

aussiankk

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 March 2012
File Transfer...
26 June 2012
Med's Done....
15 March 2012
Passport Req..
21st Sept 2012 by Phone. Passport received at ND on 25th Sept and "in process" from 20 Sept. Address change on 18 October
VISA ISSUED...
22 October 2012
LANDED..........
26 October 2012
lalatata said:
Sponsor can visit applicant outside of canada for a short period(2-3 weeks) , The sponsor should head back home(canada) after that.. This is to be followed till the applicant lands in Canada.
Absolutely! that's what I thought.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
aussiankk said:

yes PR holder sponsors are allowed for short trips only, i need to check for that link for CIC but im sure its somewhere in forms or application guide. i know one case from pakistan got refused for same reason and i am reading posts here and on some other forums about immigration for last 1 year. you can google " sponsor/PR holder outside of canada" you will find lot of stuff to read ;)
you can post this question in main spousal sponsorship thread, there are some immigration consultant, they will answer your question in better way.
best of luck

pjmin

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012