Med's Done....
Sent with the application
Passport Req..
27-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
.....waiting
LANDED..........
.....waiting
Every case/application is different in their own way. Do not expect anything like other applicants. Few people can get their visas in less than 4 months and some has to wait longer than any expectation. Do not compare each others cases or dates of anything. You'll only be disappointed. Just have faith and pray for your own thing. It's a matter of luck in some cases.

jasgur

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
File Transfer...
9-aug-2012
Med's Done....
23-4-2012
Interview........
in-process since 12-9-1012
Passport Req..
25-8-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 feb dicision made on e-cas 16 feb,pp recieved 25 feb
LANDED..........
soon (destination) edmonton ,alberta
mumble said:
Got passport with shining visa!! ;D ;D

Visa issue date is 13th feb.

Brar.arsh, maplegirl. you guys are next..

All the best to all of you
congrats........ Do i need to worry? My DM date is 16 feb .Not received pp yet , any suggestion ?????

shb25

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
14-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2012. (Sent 27-11-2012. Recd by NDVO on 28-11-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process Feb 11, 2013. DM: Feb 11, 2013. Visa Issued: Feb 11, 2013
LANDED..........
15-03-13
jasgur said:
congrats........ Do i need to worry? My DM date is 16 feb .Not received pp yet , any suggestion ?????
You might get it on Monday!

Feb 23, 2013
Hi all...this is my first post...I used to browse through this forum once in a while to keep tab of the chronology of events of other members, just to make sure my Spousal sponsorship application is on track with the others. Just wanted to let you know that you guys are doing an excellent job keeping tab of what is happening, helping yourselves and more than that helping hundreds of others like me who just come here just wanting to make sure, "our applications" are in process and we have not being left out or if there is an inordinate delay in approvals. My Wife got her passport back from the Canadian Embassy in New Delhi today with her Permanent Residency confirmation documents. I presume we were the lucky folks since it took us only 5 months and 22 days for our application to be approved even though now a days there are many cases wherein the applications are approved within 4 - 5 months (September applicants) !! I am attaching the timeline herein with.

One of the member's Shb25 on 14th of February did an interesting deduction (on the basis of his application) on how the Embassy in Delhi process the applications, which in my opinion is accurate. To me this seems to be like a Rolling process very similar to how they admit students to North American Law Schools. The applicant with the highest LSAT score [viz. in this case, First Marriage, both spouses in the age group 20 - 40 (they may have a statistical tool to analyse which group is most prudent), applicants from Indian states considered safe from fraud (a statement from Jason Kenney about this, I will add later), husbands applying to sponsor wives, applicants who have attached more supporting documents to prove their case etc.] and once those cases are handled/decided, may be by less experienced Visa officers the other ones are assigned/transferred to more experienced officers (or more trained Seasoned Visa officers) who will scrutinize them in more detail (like a second round, may be ?).

The first time a friend of mine told me about this website and I visited and read some of the experiences of other member, I was scared and horrified thinking about what awaits me, so I tried collecting information from other sources, friends who applied before for Spousal sponsorship, people who knew former visa officers and of course reading Canadian Immigration news. And of course my experience in applying for personal visas to travel to other countries (as a back-packer previously with very less means and then as a business traveller & having travelled to 2 dozen countries and having being rejected entry visa by different countries on different occasions). And this (above) is what I gathered and I thought I should share this with other members. And just to err on the side of caution, these are just my inferences and by no means I would say or vouch they are accurate.

Also I realize it is extremely difficult for other members to see people who applied after them getting approval. And on hindsight I can give my 5 cents on the process especially since the process is over for me. But I just want to let you know something which I came across during my innocent inquiries, a reliable source once told me that in India and China, 50 % of Spousal sponsorship applications they receive from some states/provinces are bogus and fraud. I am very sure that every member in this forum is genuine but just look at the plight of the Visa officer who have to make a decision on our application, knowing well the statistics of 50%, just by looking at our documentation (I think interviews happen only on 10 % ?). The Canadian Immigration Minister on his recent trip to India said the maximum number of Marital Fraud for the purpose of Canadian Immigration are from 3 states - Punjab, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh. I don't know if the Embassy do any extra screening on applicants from those states of if they face normal than average delays. Another point which I wish I had some idea about is the use of an Attorney or Lawyer to file your application, whether it may delay the application a bit ?. Two of my friends who previously applied for spousal sponsorship (and now me) did not use a Lawyer and we all were approved within 6 months (the other friends of me applied in 2007 and 2008). So that's something I am unsure about. But if I were a Visa officer I would scrutinize such applications in more detail knowing well that, its a highly trained professional (who do this for a living) who have prepared these documents & who seldom make mistakes.

Applied - 22nd August 2012
Acknowledgment received - 28th September 2012
Sponsorship confirmed & File Transferred - October 4th 2012
Passport Requested - 17th October 2012
Decision Made - 14th February 2012 (website was down, so found out only on 18th, Went direct from "Application received" to "Decision Made")
Passport received - 23rd February 2013
Total processing time - 5 months and 22 days (as per Visa)

thank you one and all & Godspeed for everyone waiting !!

ammuknn

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muksi said:
Welcome to the forum Bachansoo and Ammuknn! The form you mentioned is not used anymore. Currently Saag2012 and brar.arsh are maintaining the spreadsheets. Please post your timelines in the forum and one of them will add you to the spreadsheet.

Below is the link for the spreasheet. As you will see there some members waiting for PPR who have similar timelines. So i assume NDVO might have changed the process to request the passport at a later stage since already they were holding lots of passports to process.
Hope it helps.
Thanks a lot you guys!! I am on the spreadsheet now! WIll update when I get any news!
Thanks again, and wish all of you the best of luck and godspeed! Keeping our fingers crossed for everyone! :)

brar.arsh

Dec 22, 2010
London ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul-09-2012
AOR Received.
Sep-25-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-26-2012
Med's Done....
June-01-2012
Passport Req..
Oct-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process Apr-03-2013, DM Apr-12-2013
LANDED..........
May-18-2013
Congratulations mumble.. I think you must have already packed your bags and ready for a take off..
Thanks for your wishes, but pata nahin kya likha hai kismat main.. 8 months have passed and still application received..

Congrats to smallworld as well.. :D

@southernseaboard
Bro we cannot guess that how they pick up files and how the processing goes on.. Ours is a genuine case and still waiting at application received.. Sent alot of documents and many many proofs..
There is a gender discrimination at NDVO, it always takes more time for than for girls..
I am really stressed out today, everything is stuck.. I want to end this wait just now.. Don't know what to do.. :-(

june15

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 15th - 2012
Doc's Request.
oct 15th - 2012 and Dec 3rd - 2012
AOR Received.
aug 15th - 2012
File Transfer...
aug 23rd - 2012
Med's Done....
may 25th - 2012
Passport Req..
sept 15th - 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process 6th Feb, DM on 25th feb
LANDED..........
inshallah very soon...ontario
SRNizami said:
Every case/application is different in their own way. Do not expect anything like other applicants. Few people can get their visas in less than 4 months and some has to wait longer than any expectation. Do not compare each others cases or dates of anything. You'll only be disappointed. Just have faith and pray for your own thing. It's a matter of luck in some cases.
Hi any updates from ur side??

june15

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 15th - 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
aug 15th - 2012
File Transfer...
aug 23rd - 2012
Med's Done....
may 25th - 2012
Passport Req..
sept 15th - 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
maplegal86 said:
Well if speedy visas didnt include MP enquiry it doesn't necessarily mean that the MP enquiry will delay. From other threads I have seen a couple of applicants from other countries also enquire thru MP. The problem is that NDVO is the only VO to keep passports for this long. 6 months for some people! It's ridiculous! It seriously puts a strain on the applicant's life. Worse still for those who may have to travel for work.

I have seen some other members get their application 'moving' after enquiring thru MP. One example is KP0789 who got his DM last month I think.QQ
Also NDVO is one of the largest VOs in the world. Not too sure about whether there few officers working there. Unlikely. But I have no concrete evidence for either case.

Also our email enquiry was answered after about 2 months. My enquiry in December is still unanswered. Our MP has in fact advised us to get back in touch if we don't hear from NDVO.

But like you said, the officers are after all human. I trust them to act professionally. But I don't know any VOs personally. :'(

Anyway, congrats on your DM. Hope you get your PP quickly!
Hi maplegal any updates??

june15

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 15th - 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
aug 15th - 2012
File Transfer...
aug 23rd - 2012
Med's Done....
may 25th - 2012
Passport Req..
sept 15th - 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mumble said:
Got passport wit :)h shining visa!! ;D ;D

Congratulations mumble....so happy for u...so when r u leaving

rahulchd

May 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2012
AOR Received.
14 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2012
Interview........
Telephonic Interview 10 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
11 Sep 2012, Passport recd by New Delhi on 17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 11 Oct 2012, Decision Made: 30 November 2012
LANDED..........
10 Dec 2012, Destination: Edmonton, Alberta
mumble said:
Got passport with shining visa!! ;D ;D

Congratulations... Now please dnt wait to board ..CANADA is waiting for you..(Hubby too lol :) :))

Best wishes. :)

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
june15 said:
Hi maplegal any updates??
Nope. No updates.

SouthernSeaboard said:
Hi all...this is my first post...I used to browse through this forum once in a while to keep tab of the chronology of events of other members, just to make sure my Spousal sponsorship application is on track with the others. Just wanted to let you know that you guys are doing an excellent job keeping tab of what is happening, helping yourselves and more than that helping hundreds of others like me who just come here just wanting to make sure, "our applications" are in process and we have not being left out or if there is an inordinate delay in approvals. My Wife got her passport back from the Canadian Embassy in New Delhi today with her Permanent Residency confirmation documents. I presume we were the lucky folks since it took us only 5 months and 22 days for our application to be approved even though now a days there are many cases wherein the applications are approved within 4 - 5 months (September applicants) !! I am attaching the timeline herein with.

One of the member's Shb25 on 14th of February did an interesting deduction (on the basis of his application) on how the Embassy in Delhi process the applications, which in my opinion is accurate. To me this seems to be like a Rolling process very similar to how they admit students to North American Law Schools. The applicant with the highest LSAT score [viz. in this case, First Marriage, both spouses in the age group 20 - 40 (they may have a statistical tool to analyse which group is most prudent), applicants from Indian states considered safe from fraud (a statement from Jason Kenney about this, I will add later), husbands applying to sponsor wives, applicants who have attached more supporting documents to prove their case etc.] and once those cases are handled/decided, may be by less experienced Visa officers the other ones are assigned/transferred to more experienced officers (or more trained Seasoned Visa officers) who will scrutinize them in more detail (like a second round, may be ?).

The first time a friend of mine told me about this website and I visited and read some of the experiences of other member, I was scared and horrified thinking about what awaits me, so I tried collecting information from other sources, friends who applied before for Spousal sponsorship, people who knew former visa officers and of course reading Canadian Immigration news. And of course my experience in applying for personal visas to travel to other countries (as a back-packer previously with very less means and then as a business traveller & having travelled to 2 dozen countries and having being rejected entry visa by different countries on different occasions). And this (above) is what I gathered and I thought I should share this with other members. And just to err on the side of caution, these are just my inferences and by no means I would say or vouch they are accurate.

Also I realize it is extremely difficult for other members to see people who applied after them getting approval. And on hindsight I can give my 5 cents on the process especially since the process is over for me. But I just want to let you know something which I came across during my innocent inquiries, a reliable source once told me that in India and China, 50 % of Spousal sponsorship applications they receive from some states/provinces are bogus and fraud. I am very sure that every member in this forum is genuine but just look at the plight of the Visa officer who have to make a decision on our application, knowing well the statistics of 50%, just by looking at our documentation (I think interviews happen only on 10 % ?). The Canadian Immigration Minister on his recent trip to India said the maximum number of Marital Fraud for the purpose of Canadian Immigration are from 3 states - Punjab, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh. I don't know if the Embassy do any extra screening on applicants from those states of if they face normal than average delays. Another point which I wish I had some idea about is the use of an Attorney or Lawyer to file your application, whether it may delay the application a bit ?. Two of my friends who previously applied for spousal sponsorship (and now me) did not use a Lawyer and we all were approved within 6 months (the other friends of me applied in 2007 and 2008). So that's something I am unsure about. But if I were a Visa officer I would scrutinize such applications in more detail knowing well that, its a highly trained professional (who do this for a living) who have prepared these documents & who seldom make mistakes.

Applied - 22nd August 2012
Acknowledgment received - 28th September 2012
Sponsorship confirmed & File Transferred - October 4th 2012
Passport Requested - 17th October 2012
Decision Made - 14th February 2012 (website was down, so found out only on 18th, Went direct from "Application received" to "Decision Made")
Passport received - 23rd February 2013
Total processing time - 5 months and 22 days (as per Visa)

thank you one and all & Godspeed for everyone waiting !!
As for the above, I'd like to add I am not from those high risk states.
I have been in a relationship with my husband for 8 years. Provided lots of photos, emails, travel details, ticket stubs, hotel reservations, marriage pics, wedding invite and other documentary evidence from the past 8 years.
First marriage.
I studied in one of the top US colleges.
We are well within the age range
We are from well off families, in case they think I may want to claim social insurance.

All said and done, I'd like to tell forum members there is NO logic (that we know of) that we can apply to this process. It's normal to want to compare, but don't get scared if you fall into the 'high risk' category.

And if you know anyone who has had a fraud marriage. Please give them a piece of your mind on my behalf. They're making life very difficult for genuine couples.

SRNizami

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-12-2012 and 15-02-2013
AOR Received.
02-08-2012
File Transfer...
09-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with the application
Passport Req..
27-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
.....waiting
LANDED..........
.....waiting
june15 said:
Hi any updates from ur side??

Nothing :'( sick n tired of proving genuinity of the relationship. Dying of this wait

Oct12

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
26-02-2012
smallworld said:
tHANK yOU...You will hear something by March :) I see a lot of Sept applicant receiving there visa.
Thanks for the console..!!! But it's really necessary now.... :)

Oct12

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
26-02-2012
SRNizami said:
Nothing :'( sick n tired of proving genuinity of the relationship. Dying of this wait
Its really sick when genuin couples are being victims for marriage of convenience.... :mad:

zenn

Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-05-2012; Re-med: 06/2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
26-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2013
Hello all..
Oooohhh This wait is killing me! :(
My timeline is as follows:

Application received: 10th August 2012
Sponsorship approved: 26th September
Request for passport: 16th October
Status 'In process': 7th February 2013
No further news... Awaiting status change/passport return

I really do not know on what basis some people get their PR in 5ish months and some take so much longer.
Any suggestions or consolations?
Can anyone suggest when I can expect my passport back? The wait is killingggg me :(

I was also wondering if anyone who also received their passport could guide me on the method of passport delivery- courier/post company etc

Many thanks :)