App. Filed.......
Nov 14, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with an App
Hello all,
I need help regarding my case.
I filed Permanent Residence under Federal Skilled Worker in April, 2012. Today when I checked my E-cas status online then it shows me Decision made without medical. Now I am very scared.
I have a good job in Information Technology, Toronto,Canada and I already have LMO and work permit until Nov 2013.
Here are some extra details:
Application received date (Sydney, Nova Scotia): 16 April, 2012
PER: 26 April, 2012
AOR: 5 June, 2012

E-cas status:
We received your application for permanent residence on April 16, 2012.

We started processing your application on July 11, 2012.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I googled online and some people are saying that its an system error and some are saying that it is a refusal. I am very confused.
So I need you expert opinion about this.
Please reply me asap.
Thank you very much.

pinder123

May 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
03-09-2012
AOR Received.
26/06/2012
File Transfer...
26/06/2012
Med's Done....
10-02-2012
Interview........
29-10-2012
Passport Req..
13-07-2012
Oh guess what my hubby's address was perfect untill today now Punjab is missing...
Great hopefully they will change it or update it....
Zearus said:
good ... so now they screwed up my address even more .... its missing my "house number" and the "state" on ecas ...

i am just gonna wait for couple of months weeks ...to see if they update it just because i have sent a cover letter with Passport and that has my full address, if not how can i notify them about the change ? what the email i should send to ?

MUMPY

Star Member
Apr 11, 2012
FARIDKOT
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
ALONG WITH FILE SUBMISSION
Interview........
WAVED I GUESS
Passport Req..
23-FEB-2012
VISA ISSUED...
NO IDEA
LANDED..........
VERY NEXT DAY ONCE I GET MY VISA BAGS PACKED
Hello everyone
Just wondering if I can go into Delhi embassy in person as it says at bottom of there website that open to public Monday to Thursday 11 to 12

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Destination Toronto.. will be flying this month end..
Jennychen1401 said:
Hi thomas_saint

My husband is Candian Citizen and he is a protestant. I am a Roman Catholic.

WE had done the marriage course together in Sept 2011 when he visited me in india; and then
we got the church marriage done in Jan 2012 when he visited again with his parents.
We did get our church marriage certificate and submitted it.

BUT we also got our legal registration marriage done on the same day at the reception venue
and got our marriage certificate for that as well.

So we submitted both our marriage certificates.

If you see the document checklist and guides it clearly states the requiremnt for a Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages.

So our understanding of the questions in the form IMM5490E (Sponsered Spouse / Partner Questionaire) - there is the religious aspect of
the marriage also; but they would also need the Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages.

Hope this helps.

By the way what is your time line - as yr profile doesnt mention anything.

All the best..!!
Hi Jennychen,

was your marriage conducted in roman catholic rites or protestant rites.. because, normally in protestant marriages the pastor from the church will issue a marriage certificate ( Indian government approved marriage certificate format) and the pastor himself will be an authorized person( licence holder) to register the marriage and one copy would sent by the pastor to the local registrar of marriages office.. are you referring to that?

But the CIC requires the marriage certificate to verify that the relationship is genuine and the marriage has not happened for visa purpose..

In my case, i know my wife for the past 10 years and ours is a love cum arranged marriage... she got converted to roman catholic from Hindu, actually i didn't ask her to convert but she wanted to do, so that we can have a proper roman catholic marriage ceremony....

I believe our case should be a straight forward case..We have even submitted her baptism certificate as well with our files.

Will the CIC again ask for the marriage certificate?
please share your thoughts....

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
thomas_saint said:
Hi thomas_saint,

Its better to send legal Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages, to avoid delays.

As soon as you get this document, you can courier it with a cover letter and a copy of the AOR you recieved from CIC - M.

Address:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

(You can mention your File number on top of the envelop, for their quick action)

Hope this helps.

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
MUMPY said:
Hello everyone
Just wondering if I can go into Delhi embassy in person as it says at bottom of there website that open to public Monday to Thursday 11 to 12
Yes it's open to public but ask someone about his experience of visiting embassy

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
fadil80 said:
Hi thomas_saint,

Its better to send legal Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages, to avoid delays.

As soon as you get this document, you can courier it with a cover letter and a copy of the AOR you recieved from CIC - M.

Address:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4H4

(You can mention your File number on top of the envelop, for their quick action)

Hope this helps.

Hi fadil80,

But by now our files should have got transferred to the New Delhi VO right?

SBDelhi

Feb 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Passport Req..
23-02-2012
Congrats Nakash

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
nakash said:
I am not sure about this. I will leave this up to the experts on here to answer .... @ lalatata ?
You should get a Marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages just in case they want you to submit it. The certificate you have from the Church might be accepted or may not.

fadil80

Oct 6, 2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
03-04-2012
thomas_saint said:
Hi fadil80,

But by now our files should have got transferred to the New Delhi VO right?
Hi thomas_saint,

I guess you have just received your AOR. This means its not yet approved/transferred.

punjabi kudi

Star Member
Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th mar 2012
File Transfer...
27th jun 2012
Interview........
4th sep 2012 on phone
Passport Req..
10th jul 2012
VISA ISSUED...
9th sep ,,DM on 12th sep and posted by ND VO on 13 sep 2012 and recieved on 18th sep 2012
LANDED..........
24th sep 2012
nakash said:
My wife received Visa and Passport today. Very happy to share this news with you guys. Thanks to everybody who helped on the forum. Your suggestions and advice was invaluable and extremely helpful. It would have been way harder without being on this forum. I would like to share my detailed timeline once again:

Application filed: February 02, 2012
Sponsorship Approval: May 07, 2012
File Transfer to ND: May 07, 2012
Passport Request: May 25, 2012
E-CAS changed to In Process: June 04, 2012
Decision Made: July 09, 2012
E-CAS address updated to Canada: July 11, 2012
Passport + Visa received: July 14, 2012

Other details:

PCC Done: January 13, 2012
Medicals Done: January 16, 2012
Interview waived.

Hopefully, these dates can help some people here roughly estimate their future timeline. I think our case was pretty straightforward. Wife had no previous travel history. We had a typical Indian wedding and submitted all proofs.

I wish everybody good luck who is waiting to be re-united with their spouse in Canada. I hope your applications are processed quickly and without any unnecessary delays.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
cangratulations nakash
m really very happy for you ,,,,once again congrats,, may god bless you both and you both will have very good life ahead,,,,you are the lucky one ,,cheers

punjabi kudi

Star Member
Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th mar 2012
File Transfer...
27th jun 2012
Interview........
4th sep 2012 on phone
Passport Req..
10th jul 2012
VISA ISSUED...
9th sep ,,DM on 12th sep and posted by ND VO on 13 sep 2012 and recieved on 18th sep 2012
LANDED..........
24th sep 2012
neha_arora1985 said:
Hello all,
I need help regarding my case.
I filed Permanent Residence under Federal Skilled Worker in April, 2012. Today when I checked my E-cas status online then it shows me Decision made without medical. Now I am very scared.
I have a good job in Information Technology, Toronto,Canada and I already have LMO and work permit until Nov 2013.
Here are some extra details:
Application received date (Sydney, Nova Scotia): 16 April, 2012
PER: 26 April, 2012
AOR: 5 June, 2012

E-cas status:
We received your application for permanent residence on April 16, 2012.

We started processing your application on July 11, 2012.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I googled online and some people are saying that its an system error and some are saying that it is a refusal. I am very confused.
So I need you expert opinion about this.
Please reply me asap.
Thank you very much.
hi neha
m trying to anser your question can you let me know that decision made appears on the sponser's status or on the applicant one. becuz if it appears on the sponser's side then there is nothing to worry abut that becuz this means your sponsorship has been approved thats why they showed DM and if it apperas on the applicant's side then you should consult

hope this helps you

Jennychen1401

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
27-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-07-2012 (Sent to ND on 17-07-2012; VO Received on 18-07-2012); In Process on 6-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope Soooon
Hi thomas_saint
Our marriage was conducted in the Roman Catholic Rite.
The church marriage certificate may or may not be accepted by CIC.

So its best to get a legal marriage certificate from the Registrar of Marriages to be on the safe side and most important SAVE TIME.
There's nothing to loose at your end to have one done either.

I know of alot of people from our community, my cousins etc who have done the route that my hubby & I took.

All the best.! Keep us posted on the outcome.

thomas_saint said:
Hi Jennychen,

was your marriage conducted in roman catholic rites or protestant rites.. because, normally in protestant marriages the pastor from the church will issue a marriage certificate ( Indian government approved marriage certificate format) and the pastor himself will be an authorized person( licence holder) to register the marriage and one copy would sent by the pastor to the local registrar of marriages office.. are you referring to that?

But the CIC requires the marriage certificate to verify that the relationship is genuine and the marriage has not happened for visa purpose..

In my case, i know my wife for the past 10 years and ours is a love cum arranged marriage... she got converted to roman catholic from Hindu, actually i didn't ask her to convert but she wanted to do, so that we can have a proper roman catholic marriage ceremony....

I believe our case should be a straight forward case..We have even submitted her baptism certificate as well with our files.

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Jennychen1401 said:
Hi thomas_saint
Our marriage was conducted in the Roman Catholic Rite.
The church marriage certificate may or may not be accepted by CIC.

So its best to get a legal marriage certificate from the Registrar of Marriages to be on the safe side and most important SAVE TIME.
There's nothing to loose at your end to have one done either.

I know of alot of people from our community, my cousins etc who have done the route that my hubby & I took.

All the best.! Keep us posted on the outcome.
Hi Jennychen and all,
thanks for your tips... i will make the necessary steps...

reetottal

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-5-2012
AOR Received.
5-7-2012
File Transfer...
10-7-2012
Med's Done....
2-4-2012
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
30-7-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 sep 2012.. passport received on 8 oct
LANDED..........
landing on 19 oct
Hi to all. When I login with UCI nd application number .it shows d same mailing adress for me nd my husband.should I need to change my mailing adress.when my husband filled d forms he didn't mention my mailing adress of India in d forms ... Is it ok or we have to chAnge it ???bt he has provided my email in d forms.....PLz reply