+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Delhi - 2012 applicants

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hello friends
I m sponsor and I submitted my application on 8th aug. no update yet on status but I just found out that I made a big mistake for PCC part. My wife got her police clearance in late feb and medicals done in may so when I Submitted the application I forgot to check validity of PCC. It's definately older than 3 months. What should I do? I feel so bad now that it will be delayed for anothe couple of months.. Any suggestions folks ?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
sidhu1982 said:
Hello friends
I m sponsor and I submitted my application on 8th aug. no update yet on status but I just found out that I made a big mistake for PCC part. My wife got her police clearance in late feb and medicals done in may so when I Submitted the application I forgot to check validity of PCC. It's definately older than 3 months. What should I do? I feel so bad now that it will be delayed for anothe couple of months.. Any suggestions folks ?
hi sidhu
dont worry about PCC stuff, it will not delay your process for sure. first thing, they dont need PCC for sponsorship approval and if they needed ND VO will request later. second thing, PCC is valid for one year and in most of the cases it doesnt take 1 year to get visa so there are less than 1% chances that you will be requested for new PCC.
just forget about your application for few months ;) its a very stressful and long wait
good luck :)

april_27

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 27, 2012
AOR Received.
JULY 27
Med's Done....
JAN 4, 2012
Passport Req..
AUG 13
VISA ISSUED...
SOON......
Balkan said:
Any updates from April applicants?
not yet Balkan,
also I have a travel history to Canada for 5 months. I still do have a visitors visa till Dec 2012. dont know whether that strengthens or weakens the case..... any suggestions anyone?

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
ashunandal said:
hi sidhu
dont worry about PCC stuff, it will not delay your process for sure. first thing, they dont need PCC for sponsorship approval and if they needed ND VO will request later. second thing, PCC is valid for one year and in most of the cases it doesnt take 1 year to get visa so there are less than 1% chances that you will be requested for new PCC.
just forget about your application for few months ;) its a very stressful and long wait
Thank you so much for response. I agree that need to forget that I even filed an application and go beck to normal sleeping schedule...:) lol

Jennychen1401

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
27-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-07-2012 (Sent to ND on 17-07-2012; VO Received on 18-07-2012); In Process on 6-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope Soooon
Congrats punjabi kudi..!!
Have great life ahead..!!!

rufee1019

Sep 12, 2012
Hello guys,

My wife received a phone call from ND around 9:30 which she missed. This is 2 weeks after our passport reqest. We are march filers. Iam just wondering if they will call back or is there something we can do from our side? When she called back the number she got an operator, who wasnt much help.

april_19

Aug 13, 2012
india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Passport Req..
21-08-2012 (received by ND VO on 22-08-2012).
VISA ISSUED...
"In process" on 30-10-2012, address change on 30-11-2012 and DM on 1-12-2012.
LANDED..........
will be landing in Ontario
ashunandal said:
hi sidhu
Hey friend !! I may be wrong but I have heard that when you send your application package, then if you are sending PCC then it should not be older than 3 months. So if you did this by mistake then you'll get a chance for correcting it. You can have another PCC and to be on safer side, send it along with PP once you get your PPR. This is what I think.

harryiswaiting

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi/ Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2012
Doc's Request.
Ottawa 01/2014
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
23/07/2012
Med's Done....
13/03/2012
Interview........
28/01/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 29/01/2013, Appeal won Nov, 2013
LANDED..........
HarryisSTILLwaiting.
abhat said:
hello all,

New to the forum, here is my timeline:

Applied: 6 March 2012

Sponsor Approval: 31 May 2012

PPR: 18 June 2012

PP Sent/Received: 20 June 2012

E-CAS: Application Received

He got a call from New Delhi last month, but the connection dropped when he picked it up and they haven't tried since.

We have not heard anything since, no interview request, no additional document request.

My husband was in Australia for 3 years on student visa, over stayed by a year during civil unrest (Nepal) but got a bridging visa to return when it was safer. His family wanted him to stay away until then. We met in Australia and married there, I am Canadian. We're an inter racial and inter faith couple. We're both in our mid twenties, similar education background. We lived together in Nepal for a few months after the wedding (non-traditional wedding, neither family could come to AUS and his did not support it at the time, but they do now after meeting me) then I returned to Canada to work and set up a home for us. First marriage for both obviously. I assume these are the reasons it is taking longer than others but I am becoming increasingly worried.

Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Also, because of these "complications" I want to send updated proof of communication. I have our daily chat logs since March 6 2012, our bi-weekly skype screen shots, and phone records. Is it ok to send these before they ask for it? We only had about 6 months of proof of relationship/communication to send with the application because we were traveling and camping together before that with just some pictures as proof. We sent about 150 photos of out travels together, the wedding, me with family during dasian and tihar and taking care of his nieces and nephews, etc. Is it ok to just send it with a cover letter?

Thanks everyone, this is a great forum.
We are in a similar situation since we're also an inter-racial couple and both returned to India/Canada to set up while the application goes through! We applied as common-law though since we lived together in the UK for over a year, but have been together 3 years now and known each other for 4 years. We sent all the supporting documents (rental lease, bills, phone calls, chats, emails, support letters, photos, etc.) so have all the proof. One thing we are a bit concerned about is that I've never met his parents in person. We have Skyped and talked on the phone and they support our relationship, which we got them to sign an affidavit about...

Did you husband stay in Australia illegally or get another visa to extend his stay after being a student? If not, I think this can slow the application up a little.

Please keep your case updated on here. We are interested in your outcome as you applied before us! We are thinking that being inter-racial and in our case, common-law, could make a bit of a difference in the processing, particularly for the New Delhi office... Hopefully not much longer- we miss each other so much! :(

taam13

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
File Transfer...
19-06-2012
Passport Req..
27-06-2012
ashunandal said:
ok yes thats great, i dont think it should delay the process
best of luck :)
Thanku so much Ashu....

rufee1019

Sep 12, 2012
Hello guys,

My wife received a phone call from ND around 9:30 which she missed. This is 2 weeks after our passport reqest. We are march filers. Iam just wondering if they will call back or is there something we can do from our side? When she called back the number she got an operator, who wasnt much help.

DEEP (LEO)

Sep 13, 2012
hi this is my time line
applied December 24, 2010
approved by missisaga January 24
received in delhi January 31, 2011.
started processing application on November 29, 2011.
Medical results have been received.
they start processing it late coz i didn't get the letters they have sent me and after that they call me to submit some additional documents when i submit then they start processing my case but now its more than 3 months i have sent them my passport but so far haven't heard anything back from them
please let me know what to do and if this happen to someone. in hav already sent them few emails a week ago
thank you

abhat

Aug 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
02-28-2013 (re-med)
AOR Received.
31-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-12
Interview........
18-02-13
Passport Req..
18-06-2012
We are in a similar situation since we're also an inter-racial couple and both returned to India/Canada to set up while the application goes through! We applied as common-law though since we lived together in the UK for over a year, but have been together 3 years now and known each other for 4 years. We sent all the supporting documents (rental lease, bills, phone calls, chats, emails, support letters, photos, etc.) so have all the proof. One thing we are a bit concerned about is that I've never met his parents in person. We have Skyped and talked on the phone and they support our relationship, which we got them to sign an affidavit about...

Did you husband stay in Australia illegally or get another visa to extend his stay after being a student? If not, I think this can slow the application up a little.

Please keep your case updated on here. We are interested in your outcome as you applied before us! We are thinking that being inter-racial and in our case, common-law, could make a bit of a difference in the processing, particularly for the New Delhi office... Hopefully not much longer- we miss each other so much!
I will keep updated! We were together less than a year, then stayed in australia for a month before going to live in Nepal for a few months. So a lot less than you have been with yours, which I know may also be a reason for delay. And for his parents, I met everyone but them (I met about 60 all together, and got support letters from them). I met his father's other wife, but not his biological mum. They have since revised their original opinion of the relationship, so I would liek to add a letter from them as well if I can send additional documents. If we are not approved by January they have invited me to their village to have a traditional wedding. He`s just met my mother, sister, and bestfriend on skype, he hasn`t been to canada before.

For his visa, yes he stayed illegally for that year. We sent copies of his bridging visa and the forms/letters he sent for them as well as letters supporting the claim of civil unrest in Nepal at the time. His police clearance came back completely clear though!

We also included a fairly lengthy letter acknowledging the cultural and racial differences and what we are doing to overcome them, combine them, and how we plan to raise our eventual children with both influences. Do you think that was wise...?

ria165

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/12
File Transfer...
29/08/12 ( 1.5 YR TRAVEL HISTORY )
taam13 said:
Thats ok ...Thanks Ashu... my lawyer had sent the mail and fax regarding that and also he got the reply from NDVO that they have forwarded the mail to the concerned section and also said that they will contact me (applicant) if required in future....

is that a good sign Ashu? will this delay the process Ashu?

also today i sent a letter and fax to NDVO... will that be ok?

hi i also did the same mistake but now i have courier the corrected form to them though i didnt get any acknowledgement from them that they receive it or not but i have courier slip tht its delivered its not a big issue their are many other people who did the same mistake n some got visas already so not a problem .. good luck :)

ria165

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/05/12
File Transfer...
29/08/12 ( 1.5 YR TRAVEL HISTORY )
i just send the forms strait away with file num and uci dob,passport num etc .. and i send the form before passport request .. n now m waiting for ppr dont knw how long it gona take

taam13

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2012
File Transfer...
19-06-2012
Passport Req..
27-06-2012
ria165 said:
i just send the forms strait away with file num and uci dob,passport num etc .. and i send the form before passport request .. n now m waiting for ppr dont knw how long it gona take
Thank u Ria 165. You will receive ur passport request soon. dont worry.