18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
cal2can said:
They are saying our marriage is not valid only on the grounds as they are allegating/lying that I told in the interview that she is a christian which she is not & we had sent proofs of her being a buddhist (a letter from a budhist monestary confirming her faith)..... Still I dont know why they are lying that she is a christian!!!!
Since the refusal letter quotes that you said she is a Christian, i feel appealing is the better option. So the reason for rejection is that they think she is a Christian and so your marriage is not valid under Hindu Marriage act. Maybe a letter from Buddhist monastery is not enough of a proof for them. So ask your wife to talk to an immigration lawyer to get an opinion on appeal immediately.

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
cal2can said:
We are ordering GCMS notes... I wana know we if get 30 days for appeal???
It says on the refusal letter that they are sending appeal provisions to my wife in Canada... Does they send the appeal forms???
30 days is after the reciept of forms in Canada address or after reciept of the refusal letter in India address???
30 days from the receipt of letter by your wife in Canada. As only she can appeal against the decision not you.

Good Luck.

anurkk

Feb 15, 2013
cal2can said:
They are saying our marriage is not valid only on the grounds as they are allegating/lying that I told in the interview that she is a christian which she is not & we had sent proofs of her being a buddhist (a letter from a budhist monestary confirming her faith)..... Still I dont know why they are lying that she is a christian!!!!
Really sad to know that. i think there is some misconception in the way things are communicated .What was her religion prior to Buddhism?Did they ask you on this?

Will pray for you to come out of this situation.

rmj133

Dec 10, 2012
Just to add in a spreadsheet:

Here is my Timeline:
Visa office: New Delhi
Medical done 9/12/12
Application received by CIC 9/21/12
Sponsorship approval 10/24/12
Passport requested 11/21/12
Request of more docs 02/21/13

We emailed to consulate on 04/14/13 stating that my pp is expiring on 20/10/2013 and that might potentially complicate the application process unnecessarily. Unfortunately no response on it yet!

I am in Canada with visitor's extension until Aug 4 and if I don't get pp for renewal soon then I'm pretty much sure, later I'll lack time to proceed pp renew application. I'm not even sure, how will it work in case of not having pp by Aug 4th and same time visa expiring:-(
Good Lord, help us!!!! Any idea how to handle this??

Thank you,

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
anurkk said:
Really sad to know that. i think there is some misconception in the way things are communicated .What was her religion prior to Buddhism?Did they ask you on this?

Will pray for you to come out of this situation.
Religion is not a word in canada as they say.. its her own decision to practice budhism... she wasn't a christian ever nor were she born to christian parents!!

Its really an irony that she has to prove her religion in India... n to our surprise even after proving we are refused!!!
Sheer Nonsense going in Canadian Immigration system!!

bal07

Mar 21, 2013
NDVO told me to have complete medical . i have done my medical from max super speciality hospita mohali . immigration have mentioned my file number and IME Number which i received email fom him .doctor has sent my medical via online he has put my name, passport no, dob and IME (IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAM) on the medical but he not mentioned my file number on the medical . will immigration able to know that it is my medical just from IME number?

chd123

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
File Transfer...
18-02-2012
Med's Request
remed 11-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Interview........
08-08-2012
Passport Req..
27-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
in process from 08-08-2012
bal07 said:
NDVO told me to have complete medical . i have done my medical from max super speciality hospita mohali . immigration have mentioned my file number and IME Number which i received email fom him .doctor has sent my medical via online he has put my name, passport no, dob and IME (IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAM) on the medical but he not mentioned my file number on the medical . will immigration able to know that it is my medical just from IME number?
yes they can pull ur medical file with ur IME number.i did mine in march. but they requested partial medical.can u post the email in this forum saying they need full medical. mine just said • Chest Xray with report.
• Completed MEDICAL REPORT CHEST X-RAY REQUISITION AND REPORT form
(Page 6 and 7 of IMM5419).
• Completed MEDICAL REPORT PHYSICAL EXAMINATION form [Page 2 of IMM
5419].
Take this email to the Panel Physician (PP) who examined you earlier for the reassessment(
s) to be arranged. can u share ur email

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
rmj133 said:
Just to add in a spreadsheet:

Here is my Timeline:
Visa office: New Delhi
Medical done 9/12/12
Application received by CIC 9/21/12
Sponsorship approval 10/24/12
Passport requested 11/21/12
Request of more docs 02/21/13

We emailed to consulate on 04/14/13 stating that my pp is expiring on 20/10/2013 and that might potentially complicate the application process unnecessarily. Unfortunately no response on it yet!

I am in Canada with visitor's extension until Aug 4 and if I don't get pp for renewal soon then I'm pretty much sure, later I'll lack time to proceed pp renew application. I'm not even sure, how will it work in case of not having pp by Aug 4th and same time visa expiring:-(
Good Lord, help us!!!! Any idea how to handle this??

Thank you,
Passport expiring in October is not a big issue and that wont complicate the case. You can get a new passport and use the old passport with visa stamping to travel. I assume you are the principal applicant and you are in Canada without your passport with you. How did you send the passport to New Delhi when you are outside. If my understanding is correct this will complicate your case. Its a big risk. And i assume you had been staying in Canada for close to 6 months now and they might ask for a RCMP clearance.

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
legalcitizen said:
My wife landed yesterday .Everything was smooth.

good luck to everybody.
Wish you a happy life ahead in Canada! All the best!

rmj133

Dec 10, 2012
muksi said:
Passport expiring in October is not a big issue and that wont complicate the case. You can get a new passport and use the old passport with visa stamping to travel. I assume you are the principal applicant and you are in Canada without your passport with you. How did you send the passport to New Delhi when you are outside. If my understanding is correct this will complicate your case. Its a big risk. And i assume you had been staying in Canada for close to 6 months now and they might ask for a RCMP clearance.
Thanks for the reply muksi! Yes, I am a principle applicant. I first flew to canada on visitor's and then filed outland application in Sep as outland application processing time is faster than inland as per last year. On ecase I have put Canada address. Later, in Nov NDVO asked to submit pp, which I did. At present I'hv visitor's extension doc, ON driver's licensee as ID and US health insurance to cover me. But, as per my understanding the regular pp renewal takes 3 months approximately and I will need my original pp in hand to renew it. With the current pp delays I am not sure, how soon I could my pp, so that I could apply for renewal :-( In case of RCMP, I have applied as I needed for my local volunteering work. I guess, that would suffice the need? Thanks,

Reeyan

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 30-2012
File Transfer...
Nov 30 2012
Interview........
done!
Passport Req..
March 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM today/ Rcvd visa June 22
LANDED..........
LAnding ASAP
Anybody got there passport back with visa yet?

I am still waiting and praying... New delhi received my passport in March 11,2013..

I hope my husband gets it soon.. WE ARE COUNTING DAYS

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
Hello friends, i am new in this post. my time line is listed below

Visa office-New Delhi
Application sent to Mississauga on- 13th march 2013
Received by Mississauga on- 15th march 2013
Approved and send to ND on-9th April 2013
Online Status- Application Received
but still now i did not get any response from New Delhi office.i want to know that do New Delhi office sent any mail or acknowledgement for receiving the file.
Thank you in advance

Reeyan

Mar 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 30-2012
File Transfer...
Nov 30 2012
Interview........
done!
Passport Req..
March 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM today/ Rcvd visa June 22
LANDED..........
LAnding ASAP
Steve Jones-

Dont worry! :) Just check your (principal) e cas if it says App received or not.
The principal will get a letter in few weeks or few month (hopefully not).

Similar like mine..Check the letter below..I got this after my file was transfered and they request for passport..

Date: March 11, 2013
UCI:xxxxxxxx
Applicationxxxx

xxxName**
Adddress\xxx

India

Dear Txxxxxxx
We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class on
xx/xx/2012 and have created a file with the file number indicated above.
Note: The application received date is in mm/dd/yyyy format. Please quote this file number in
all future correspondence with our office.
Canada has a carefully managed and controlled immigration program that is committed to
maintaining a balance of 60% economic immigrants and 40% non-economic immigrants (family
class, refugees, and those in need of protection). Amongst non-economic immigrants, priority is
given to spouses/partners and dependent children.
In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the
following as soon as possible:
• Payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in
Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid.
• Submission of police clearance certificates for time spent in any country for a period
of 6 months or more, if not already submitted.
• Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports for you and your
accompanying family members. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 years
of age must have been taken within the last 3 years. The picture in the passport for a
child between the ages of 7 and 18 must have been taken within the last 5 years.
Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visa
issuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue your
visas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met.
PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.
Documents and passports must be submitted in a SINGLE package. Do not submit any
documents and passports until you have prepared the entire package.
If you do not have a passport at this time, you are requested to obtain one and send it along
with the other requested documentation. Passports should be sent by any secured mail
deliverers (hand delivery will not be accepted). Passports can not be returned to addresses
Immigration Section - Service de l’Immigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri PO Box 5209 New Delhi 110021 India www.india.gc.ca
outside of India, Nepal and Bhutan. If your current mailing address is not in India, Nepal or
Bhutan, please provide an address in that territory.
If any other documents are requested before or after your passport is submitted, you
must comply with that request. No decision will be taken on your application until all
of the requested documents have been received by us.
You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital
and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational
constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted
on your file. You may also visit our websites: www.cic.gc.ca or www.india.gc.ca should you
require more information on the processing of your application.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY
SIGNATURE.

sacroo

Apr 3, 2013
Hi All,

Our application has been with the NDVO since Sept 2012, and our passport has been with them since Nov 2012. Really not sure what's talking so long! :(

Some questions maybe you can help answer:

1) Now my wife has been in India since Sept 2012, we never needed an India PCC earlier (since she never lived in India for 6 months since she turned 18). But, now... I presume we need send a PCC for India as well, right?
2) We applied for the GCMS notes (trying to understand more on the delay)... In the online application when they ask for Client ID - are they asking this for the sponsor or the sponsored? (right after that they ask for File number)
3) My graduation ceremony is this June and so is our 1-year anniversary! I would really like my wife to be part of the graduation ceremony. Should we apply for a visitors visa for her to attend my graduation? What are our options.

Thanks a lot!