No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
hi guys,

I would like to get some thoughts and insights on the following new law..

For all naturalized citizens, a federal government official can revoke your citizenship if he believes you never intended to live in Canada. This could happen if you decide to study in, accept a job in, or reside in another country. In contrast, Canadian citizens born in Canada cannot lose their citizenship by living outside of Canada.

so according to the above, even If i reside outside canada for 1-2 years, am I in jeopardy of loosing citizenship?
does this rule apply to new citizen or any naturalized citizen??

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shy_guy said:
hi guys,

For all naturalized citizens, a federal government official can revoke your citizenship if he believes you never intended to live in Canada. This could happen if you decide to study in, accept a job in, or reside in another country. In contrast, Canadian citizens born in Canada cannot lose their citizenship by living outside of Canada.

so according to the above, even If i reside outside canada for 1-2 years, am I in jeopardy of loosing citizenship?
This has been discussed here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bill-c24-can-citizenship-now-be-revoked-for-workingstudying-away-from-canada-t305346.0.html

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
shy_guy said:
hi guys,

There is no such law.