+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New citizenship forms under C6 (3/5) are now available!

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
Is anyone still having issues with the Online Physical Presence calculator?

I've tried every type of browser, cleared history, cache... nothing is working.

alanjhogg

Oct 11, 2017
You need to use Adobe Reader, it will Save your progress and print fine with the latest updated file.

For 11) used Home address for unemployment and work address for employment entries ... not sure thats the right answer since the guide doesn't dictate, but all the home addresses are already there so seems redundant.
Re: Adobe.. Reader didn't work for me here at work, will try again later at home see if i can get it going! When I check the security settings of the file it says form filling is not allowed - I wonder what it says for you!?

Re: Q11. Yeah that seems to make reasonable sense. Shame we are left to make educated guesses!

pykler

Oct 11, 2017
Is anyone still having issues with the Online Physical Presence calculator?

I've tried every type of browser, cleared history, cache... nothing is working.
The immigration website is acting up, very slow, probably because everyone is on it now. In addition the calculator was already slow and very clunky! It was down and up all night last night, it was actually the first thing that got updated, maybe an hour before the forms went online.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
You need to use Adobe Reader, it will Save your progress and print fine with the latest updated file.

For 11) used Home address for unemployment and work address for employment entries ... not sure thats the right answer since the guide doesn't dictate, but all the home addresses are already there so seems redundant.
For Question 11)What did you write in name of Contact, for Education Institutes we can write the program administrators name, but for job?.. I don't even know who works in HR dept of my previous jobs?

pykler

Oct 11, 2017
Re: Adobe.. Reader didn't work for me here at work, will try again later at home see if i can get it going! When I check the security settings of the file it says form filling is not allowed - I wonder what it says for you!?

Re: Q11. Yeah that seems to make reasonable sense. Shame we are left to make educated guesses!
Here is what shows for Security settings. Cic says it will only work with Adobe 10+ so that could be it, perhaps?

https://imagebin.ca/v/3dRjyNj0AzZi

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
The immigration website is acting up, very slow, probably because everyone is on it now. In addition the calculator was already slow and very clunky! It was down and up all night last night, it was actually the first thing that got updated, maybe an hour before the forms went online.
Yeah, the calculator hasn't worked for me all day. I'm hoping it's resolved soon.

pykler

Oct 11, 2017
For Question 11)What did you write in name of Contact, for Education Institutes we can write the program administrators name, but for job?.. I don't even know who works in HR dept of my previous jobs?
Just your boss, eduation we actually left empty, they can call the reg office if they need to was my thinking. The goal is for them to be able to reach that person to verify if needed.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
Just your boss, eduation we actually left empty, they can call the reg office if they need to was my thinking. The goal is for them to be able to reach that person to verify if needed.
Thanks I will put my immediate supervisors name, what if they are not in the same company any more?

evinecz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
Quick question, can i fill the application on the computer, and print it out to sign it or do i just sign it on the computer by typing my name?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Quick question, can i fill the application on the computer, and print it out to sign it or do i just sign it on the computer by typing my name?
you need to print it out and sign the physical copy. They do not accept electronic signature.

alanjhogg

Oct 11, 2017
Q. 14 did people include old work permits / PR Card / any visa's in the list of travel documents or just your passport??