+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Citizenship Application - Queries

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

Happy New Year!

I'm eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship. I've partially filled my application form as well.

However, I have following doubts that i need clarification on -

Question 10 a) Where have you lived during eligibility period? Please list all addresses inside and outside of Canada. Your addresses must cover entire eligibility period.
Clarification 1 - I have listed all addresses that I lived in Canada & in India (before I became PR).

However, During my eligibility period, I took several travel trips to USA & India. Do I have to mention the addresses that I stayed at during those visits?
Clarification 2 - Should the addresses that I enlist also match the addresses on my Tax Returns or T4's? What happens if these addresses do not match?

Question 10 b) In the past 4 years, were you in another country for a total of 183 days or more?

Clarification - In the past 4 years, The only time I was outside Canada for more than 183 days was before I moved to Canada as a permanent resident. I was living in India and waiting for my permanent residency.
So, should I answer Yes or No?

Lastly,

Does the citizenship application processing time change with location? Are some location/regions faster than others?

I really appreciate all replies in advance!

Thanks & Regards

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hello,

For 10A,

1) You have to list the address of all the places you have lived with a permanent status. If you went to USA or INDIA for work, then list your addresses. If the trips were for vacation or any other reason other than work, then you do not have to provide addresses.

2) Addresses on the Tax returns don't matter. It should be under your name and your SIN Number (obviously!)

For 10B,

You should answer yes and you have to provide a police certificate for India. That's mandatory!

Can't say about processing times. All the application go to Nova Scotia as far as I know. If it gets transferred from there internally, I would not know.

Hope this helps. Best wishes :)

Reactions: UPPI

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Police clearance can be obtained from Indian Consulate/BLS. it is usually within days... good luck!

icytope

Jul 11, 2019
For 10A,
1) You have to list the address of all the places you have lived with a permanent status.
I was a student who lived in Toronto and I went to study in Waterloo. I have had to live there because it is far from home (Toronto). What constitutes a permanent address? because in my application, I have listed all the places I have lived as a student and my #10 looks like a back and forth of addresses Toronto - Waterloo -Toronto - Waterloo - etc.

I never really used my address in Waterloo in any government documents whatsoever. Should I just list my Toronto address?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I was a student who lived in Toronto and I went to study in Waterloo. I have had to live there because it is far from home (Toronto). What constitutes a permanent address? because in my application, I have listed all the places I have lived as a student and my #10 looks like a back and forth of addresses Toronto - Waterloo -Toronto - Waterloo - etc.

I never really used my address in Waterloo in any government documents whatsoever. Should I just list my Toronto address?
The length of the list doesn't matter.
Just list it the way it is. Waterloo Toronto Waterloo Toronto... Is fine.

Dec 9, 2009
Dear forum members I have a quick question while filing 5 years address and employment history in application form 002 only yyyy-mm is given so if we only enter year-month is it OK or have to enter specific date also. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Dec 9, 2009
Thank you Seym are you sure Sir because when I click the side arrow it is showing the calendar with dates so I am in a dilemma.

Shey.

Jul 17, 2019
@21685
You can choose the day but the form will have the date in YYYY-MM format and it will be printed like that.

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks Shey but choosing the day will not be recorded anywhere so better to mention only the year and month is it OK

Dec 9, 2009
Dear members one more question when I was outside of Canada for a year I was given some admin assignment which I was doing there for X Co a Private Co in Canada
Can I mention in employment history that during this period when I was not in Canada I was working or employed with the X Co in Canada or will there be any problem saying that how you work for a Canada based Co while living abroad.