+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Citizenship Application February 2014

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bunuelbresson said:
The way I did it is I filled unemployed under the work section. It was only for a month after I arrived so I said the reason for unemployment is Immigrating to Canada. And I put N/A under employer.

Hope that helps.
If a person is an "Investor" and manage the "Investment/Rental Property". What would be right word to fill under "Work/Education" and "Employer Name"? Any advise?

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
bunuelbresson said:
The way I did it is I filled unemployed under the work section. It was only for a month after I arrived so I said the reason for unemployment is Immigrating to Canada. And I put N/A under employer.

Hope that helps.
I see thanks. My reason does not fit under the "work/education" section. Instead of putting N/A under the "employer/school attended" I am planing to give my reason under here. Any suggestion?

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Wow, this new form really is more detailed. And with each new iteration of this application form, IMO, it gets more and more personally invasive. I guess to combat fraud, which is good motive, but always the many good people suffer from the shenanigans of a few bad eggs. Such a shame.

kimosabe

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
rayman_m said:
If a person is an "Investor" and manage the "Investment/Rental Property". What would be right word to fill under "Work/Education" and "Employer Name"? Any advise?
Self Employed

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Or it could be "Working as an Investor" i/o "Self-Employed" which often trigger RQ..

kiddaa

Nov 10, 2011
In the new applicaton for section 6F what can be provided as acceptable work records. I do not see anything in the instructon guide regarding work records. Would copy of paystub/employment reference letter be sufficent as proof of employment?
Thanks,

ttolun

Feb 7, 2014
kiddaa said:
In the new applicaton for section 6F what can be provided as acceptable work records. I do not see anything in the instructon guide regarding work records. Would copy of paystub/employment reference letter be sufficent as proof of employment?
Thanks,
I am trying to find the same information too.

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
I have uploaded an excel sheet to google drive where every one can add or edit his information.
Please be aware that dates should be entered as m/d/y
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=sharing

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My nature of activity is: Real Estate Investment and after discussing with CIC agent, I opted to put same under Work/Education and under Employer Name, I like to write "Attached investment and work details" i/o of word: N/A and will attach a self-explanatory letter with 3 years NOA copies.

Using the word "Self-Employed" will fall under business in CRA criteria and should have a sole-proprietorship business registration, business bank account, HST etc.. While investing in real estate (rental property/re-build property etc) no need to open a business account and still can show income from rent and capital gain (if sold during the tax year) etc.

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
kelshaer said:
Just noticed today that there is a new citizenship application that has 02-2014 in the footing.
I have applied 2 times. First time I paid the old fees (200$) and the application was delivered on 6 February and was returned to me. I made another complete application and submitted it with the fees balance which reached them on 13 February. Now what??? Should I submit a third application with the new forms???
We should start a thread for February 2014 Applicants

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jerry2121 said:
We should start a thread for February 2014 Applicants
There is one already for Feb 2014 http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/feb-2014-citizenship-applications-start-to-finish-forum-t185168.0.html

And another one for Year 2014 http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/year-2014-applicants-request-to-provide-timeline-t181661.0.html