+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New citizens - Canadian Passport Applicants Tracker

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For all recent new citizens who just applied for a passport - let's start a tracker :)

Please confirm:-

1. Did you do regular processing, express, or urgent?

2. How long did it take you to get your passport? Did you get it by mail or pick-up?

3. Did they call your guarantors and/or references?

4. Which office (city) did you apply at?

5. Other tips and advice for other future applicants?

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BTW if you live in Toronto downtown area, and need passport photos, I highly recommend Passport Photo on 327 Spadina Avenue (Chinatown, north of Dundas, east side). A friend recommended it to me - I was skeptical at first given that it's in Chinatown, but now I am convinced that it's the best passport photo you can get in Toronto.

The cost for passport photos is only $7.99 - and the quality is better quality than those offered at Black's, Shoppers, etc. The person that does it is really professional and really friendly - young fellow. And the photos look great - no rush, take your time. The quality of photo is outstanding - no glare at all. He uses really good professional equipment. If you don't like your photo, they'll do it again for free until you're happy!

I got my photo taken 3 times (until I was happy), and the man printed 4 photos for me (2 for free) - all for $7.99. The photos look awesome and Passport Canada accepted them with no issue!

See: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/passport-photo-toronto-2

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
coolifrs said:
BTW if you live in Toronto downtown area, and need passport photos, I highly recommend Passport Photo on 327 Spadina Avenue (Chinatown, north of Dundas, east side). A friend recommended it to me - I was skeptical at first given that it's in Chinatown, but now I am convinced that it's the best passport photo you can get in Toronto.

The cost for passport photos is only $7.99 - and the quality is better quality than those offered at Black's, Shoppers, etc. The person that does it is really professional and really friendly - young fellow. And the photos look great - no rush, take your time. The quality of photo is outstanding - no glare at all. He uses really good professional equipment. If you don't like your photo, they'll do it again for free until you're happy!

I got my photo taken 3 times (until I was happy), and the man printed 4 photos for me (2 for free) - all for $7.99. The photos look awesome and Passport Canada accepted them with no issue!

I always go there. best photo, very cheap and he is very friendly

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bumping. There has got to be people who applied for passport here

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
coolifrs said:

Good advice, thank you!

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolifrs said:
For all recent new citizens who just applied for a passport - let's start a tracker :)

Please confirm:-

2. How long did it take you to get your passport? Did you get it by mail or pick-up?

Regular

9 working days from application to receiving the passport, Canada post send it by xpressport. When i get home i have the notice that they are trying to deliver my passport and right away i went to the canada post to collect my passport

3. Did they call your guarantors and/or references? they didint

4. Which office (city) did you apply at? montreal, point clair passporting

5. Other tips and advice for other future applicants?[/b]
nothing just double check you papers when applying for the passport

Mango91

Star Member
Nov 20, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
- Regular

- Apply on Monday and got it by mail on Friday afternoon

- Nope

- Montreal

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are so used to track after a long process of immigration then citizenship that people want to track a 24 hrs to 10 days process!
Wake up people! :eek:

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

I placed my order for the passport today ;D

Regular, DT toronto, and pick -up.

I actually did not see this thread before otherwise I would not have paid extra for the pickup if regular mail is working fine for people...

Was there any benefit of paying the extra for the pickup? I'm so surprised they would charge for this and not charge for the mailing... whats that about!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
maidentower said:
Hello there,

I placed my order for the passport today ;D

Regular, DT toronto, and pick -up.

I actually did not see this thread before otherwise I would not have paid extra for the pickup if regular mail is working fine for people...

Was there any benefit of paying the extra for the pickup? I'm so surprised they would charge for this and not charge for the mailing... whats that about!

I'd assume the pick up would be faster still, since mailing it may take a couple of days, maybe that's why they charge for it. :)

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks OTTAWA2013 ...well i sure hope so... but from what I read on this thread people are getting it via mail within 5 days :eek: ... the date i got for pick up is 2 weeks from now....

Not complaining and all now its done but just curious ....so no rookie mistakes next time ;)

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my passport :)

REGULAR

8 business days (12 days) - received in mail (comes in ExpressPost as standard)

No

Toronto DT

If you don't have any urgent travel apply in person using the regular process. Receiving by mail is FASTER than picking up in person. This is because the passport is mailed to you as soon as it is processed or ready, whereas picking up they don't allow you to pick up until the 2 weeks have lapsed. I received my passport 2 days before the "mail out date". The only issue is someone needs to sign for it, so if no-one is home it will sit with Canada Post

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats coolifrs!

Ok good to know... guess I should have let it come by mail as well and not paid the extra ... will have to wait longer i suppose
:-X

coolifrs ... did ya get it for 10 years or 5?

timing

Jun 9, 2011
Do they typically call references and guarantor for new passport applications that are classified as urgent?