+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New caregiver pathway

floreskrish

Jun 13, 2017
Hi I am currently working as an In home caregiver here in Alberta. I came here Feb 2, 2016 and my work permit will expire on Feb 2, 2018. My employer decided that i start working on Feb 17,2016 because the 2 weeks prior to that became my training(no salary). My concerns are:

1. Do i need to extend my permit? Because i saw in the cic.ca that 2 yrs is required to become eligible in applying for PR. And in my case, my permit will expire on Feb. 2, 2018 and my 2nd year working here will be on Feb. 17, 2018.

2. If i need to extend it, does my employer need to get a new LMIA

3. What does other nanny do with this situation?

Please advise. Thanks

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Anyways my dear you can claim legally you worked from Feb 2, 2016-2018 and do your filing because you in fact you were there working. The employer choose not to pay you. Thats just abuse

Its tough hearing the position you are in. Please just keep the faith....

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
If you dont feel comfortable stand up and saying for immigration purposes you did the 2 years.

The provided that you are with the same employer send off for your extension of new WP. you wont need a new LMIA if you are with the same employer.

Then two week after Feb 17....do the PR. Remember provided you are with the same employer you will have implied status and can continue working under the same conditions

floreskrish

Jun 13, 2017
If you dont feel comfortable stand up and saying for immigration purposes you did the 2 years.

The provided that you are with the same employer send off for your extension of new WP. you wont need a new LMIA if you are with the same employer.

Then two week after Feb 17....do the PR. Remember provided you are with the same employer you will have implied status and can continue working under the same conditions
Does this mean I can just wait until Feb. 2 and apply for PR? And apply for open contract while waiting for the decision on my contract?
And does it means that I dont need new LMIA if ever I extend? Because in my work permit it says leave before Feb. 2, 2018. "Leave on Feb. 1, 2018". And by the way, My employer was with me during the training and was helping me a lot. I did not feel abused or anything. It's just that they did not know that starting after 2 weeks will have to make me extend my contract before applying for PR.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
So the fact that the WP has expired does not stop you from claim the two weeks after for immigration purposes to make up your two years because you have implied status!!! So keep praying that you make it
And how early can i apply for my PR? Can I apply before Feb. 2, 2018?
No

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Hi I did some further research and for the New Pathway you will require a new LMIA. So check on CIC website