+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Canadian applying for a first Canadian passport

Taylora

Apr 25, 2007
Hi everyone,
I just got my citizenship last Friday after 11 months since my application. I'm concerned because I need to travel to my home country in less than two months but I don't have a permanent resident card anymore (since they took it the day they gave me the certificate of citizenship, which is not considered as a travel document). I understand that I need to apply for a Canadian passport (god knows if I will get it before August though). In the required documents, they want a Canadian passport. How could I provide one since I was not a Canadian citizen before? I'm trying to call Passport Canada but all their lines are busy. It's a real pain in the ass. Please any help/advice would be appreciated in this matter.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Taylora said:
Hi everyone,
I just got my citizenship last Friday after 11 months since my application. I'm concerned because I need to travel to my home country in less than two months but I don't have a permanent resident card anymore (since they took it the day they gave me the certificate of citizenship, which is not considered as a travel document). I understand that I need to apply for a Canadian passport (god knows if I will get it before August though). In the required documents, they want a Canadian passport. How could I provide one since I was not a Canadian citizen before? I'm trying to call Passport Canada but all their lines are busy. It's a real pain in the ass. Please any help/advice would be appreciated in this matter.
N/A or none is the answer, as your citizenship card will demonstrate the date that you became a citizen.

PMM