+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW - Can apply electronically (e-apps)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC is launching the ability to complete and submit applications for temporary resident visas online

"In order to use e-Apps, applicants must meet ALL of the following requirements:

• Be able to pay the application fee via the e-Payment system (credit card only – no payment at a financial institution). For example, some countries do not permit their citizens to use a credit card that can make an international transaction for the fee; therefore, unless they have someone to pay on their behalf, they would have to submit a paper application by mail or through a VAC.
  • Have a valid email address.
  • Have access to a scanner or camera to make electronic images of their documents, which can be uploaded to their computer. Clients may scan documents (up to 4 MB/file) in the following file formats: PNG, DOC, DOCX, JPEG and PDF. These requirements are outlined in the online instructions to the client.
  • E-Apps can support up to 6 family members in one MyCIC submission. Families of more than 6 persons should make two submissions or apply on paper.
  • Online applications must be completed in English or French. If the application is submitted in any other language, it will be refused. Documentation issued in any language other than Canada's official languages, must be submitted with an official English or French translation.
  • Applicants under the age of 16, who wish to use the online application, will require a Parent or Legal Guardian to submit the online application on their behalf through the Parent or Legal Guardian's MyCIC Account. The signature is recorded in the e-Application system and then inserted into the Notes area of GCMS under the client's application. The 2 Dimensional (2D) Bar Code application form contains the child's personal information and therefore the Temporary Resident Visa/Study Permit will be issued based on this information.
"

For additional details including FAQs and links to the application, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob486.asp

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

lina-pina

Dec 20, 2012
Hello everyone!

I am thinking to apply for a canadian visa through online system which became operational from 15 December 2012. So my question is the following.

If I upload all necessary documents in scanned version (including a passport page), how I will get the visa sticker in my passport confirming that I have a valid visa to travel (Temporary residence visa)? If I dont send my passport my mail, then there is no visa sticker in the passport

Please help me with this question...

Thanks in advance

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lina-pina said:
Hello everyone!

I am thinking to apply for a canadian visa through online system which became operational from 15 December 2012. So my question is the following.

If I upload all necessary documents in scanned version (including a passport page), how I will get the visa sticker in my passport confirming that I have a valid visa to travel (Temporary residence visa)? If I dont send my passport my mail, then there is no visa sticker in the passport

Please help me with this question...

Thanks in advance
If you read the instructions, you will find that if your TRV is approved, then you have to send your passport. Seems silly now a two step process for TRVs instead of one. ONce the passport is sent, then CIC will have to find it in the mail that the receive. I wouldn't expect that it will be a quick process.

Q: What happens if visa offices receive an unsolicited passport?

A: Applicants will be instructed during the processing of their application to NOT send in their passport until CIC requests them to send it in. Applicants will be instructed on the website where to send their passport and to print the letter instructing them to send it with their passport. Should a visa office receive an unsolicited passport, the passport should be returned to the applicant. The preferred method to return the passport will be for the client to prepay for the courier to send it back.

BongMabangis

Jun 25, 2011
Hi to all, just want to confirm if this e-apps can also be used in applying for a change in status from visitor to student permit? Anyone who have done it and got approved. Also, my TRV was already expired but i got extension of stay until September 2013. Now, we have plans to visit a colleague in Miami then cruise into Haiti, can i apply online for a new TRV? thanks in advance for any answers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BongMabangis said:
Hi to all, just want to confirm if this e-apps can also be used in applying for a change in status from visitor to student permit? Anyone who have done it and got approved. Also, my TRV was already expired but i got extension of stay until September 2013. Now, we have plans to visit a colleague in Miami then cruise into Haiti, can i apply online for a new TRV? thanks in advance for any answers
1. You would have to apply for both a TRV and Study permit at the office outside Canada that services your country of residence. Since it appears that the Canadian offices in the US will no longer process TRVs from visitors in Canada. From the New York Web Site:

Visiting Canada
To apply for a temporary resident visa at this visa office, you must be legally admitted to or a citizen of a country that is served by this visa office.

For information about going to Canada and to find out how to make an application at this office, please refer to our list of services below.

We provide these services to citizens of or persons legally admitted to Bermuda, St. Pierre et Miquelon and the United States (including Puerto Rico).

BongMabangis

Jun 25, 2011
PMM said:
Thanks, for the reply. So when i do exit thru the US, I can apply for a new TRV or Work Permit (if i was able to get an LMO) at any Canadian embassy considering i was legally admitted thereat? i tried different scenarios in the eligibility assessment and it even has an options where you can apply for a student visa and a work permit at the same time. is there anybody that experienced using the e-apps and was successful in doing so? Kindly share your experience please, if you don't mind. Thanks again

Hi

1. You would have to apply for both a TRV and Study permit at the office outside Canada that services your country of residence. Since it appears that the Canadian offices in the US will no longer process TRVs from visitors in Canada. From the New York Web Site:

Visiting Canada
To apply for a temporary resident visa at this visa office, you must be legally admitted to or a citizen of a country that is served by this visa office.

For information about going to Canada and to find out how to make an application at this office, please refer to our list of services below.

We provide these services to citizens of or persons legally admitted to Bermuda, St. Pierre et Miquelon and the United States (including Puerto Rico).

reema.aggarwals

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how to sign digitally? pls help me as it is pending in my application. I don´t know how to do this.

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
reema.aggarwals said:
how to sign digitally? pls help me as it is pending in my application. I don´t know how to do this.
I used the online application to extend my work permit and was wondering how to sign the forms, I also printed them out to sign and scan again, though it sounded silly to me. But then I saw a hint somewhere, maybe under the section where you should upload your forms, that for electronic forms you do not need to sign the forms, and instead, after uploading your filled forms and proceeding to the next, it asks you to write your name or click on a sign button or sth like that and that makes an electronic signature on your forms.

I believe the application for TRV should be same...So don't worry and just upload your filled forms to the check list and go next.

reema.aggarwals

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maryam_d said:
I used the online application to extend my work permit and was wondering how to sign the forms, I also printed them out to sign and scan again, though it sounded silly to me. But then I saw a hint somewhere, maybe under the section where you should upload your forms, that for electronic forms you do not need to sign the forms, and instead, after uploading your filled forms and proceeding to the next, it asks you to write your name or click on a sign button or sth like that and that makes an electronic signature on your forms.

I believe the application for TRV should be same...So don't worry and just upload your filled forms to the check list and go next.
thanks Maryam_d

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
I have a question, and I am not quite sure where to ask it? My husband and I are applying for Spousal sponsorship. He is from Jamaica, and I am from Canada and I am sponsoring him. The process can take up to 16 months, and in the mean time I would like him to come to visit me. So, we are going to apply for a temporary resident visa(visitor visa). One of the requirements for the visitor visa is to do a medical. I am just wondering if we have already done the medical for the spousal visa, if we have to do it again for the visitor visa? It has been less than a year since he completed the original medical for spousal. If anyone knows the answer to this.. please let me know!

meeshy

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Cancun, Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012 (PGR and SSP) 5-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-10-2012
File Transfer...
26-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
1-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
If I understand correctly, if you apply online you have to translate your documents if they are not in English or French, but if you apply by mail you dont have to?

Nikk

Jan 17, 2013
Hey..I recently applied for a trv online, CIC contacted via phone and sent me an email(a letter) which I should send to them along with my passport...what does this means? The letter didn't stay whether or not if I was approved for the trv. Thanks for your help