+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New born || No Passport Yet - What to specify?

vikas20

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Hi,

My new born was born in Canada and hence a Canadain citizen. But I do not haven't received his birth certificate or passport yet.

Although I have specified him as nonaccompanying but still PR application ask for his identification document.
Please advise what should I mention in the list of identification documents in PR application.

Regards,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My new born was born in Canada and hence a Canadain citizen. But I do not haven't received his birth certificate or passport yet.

Although I have specified him as nonaccompanying but still PR application ask for his identification document.
Please advise what should I mention in the list of identification documents in PR application.

Regards,
Submit a letter of explanation instead.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
In the LoE, you may consider writing the name of the hospital and the name of the attending obstetrician.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Is new born birth registration or SIN or health card is nation aID?
U can put either no. in national id field, and explain in LOE. Attach birth registration copy, sin doc, hospital discharge paper....its alright, add newborn in family members section as well.

vikas20

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Pick something and upload the letter.
Ok. I only have temporary health card which doesn't have any end date specified. Even if I wait, i will receive birth certificate which will also doesn't have any end date. Please advise what can be done.