+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Born Dependant Child - Outland PR

swash110

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Hi guys , I have a related question as well . Can my brother (who is PR) and living in Canada sponsor my child (under 18 years) ?. Note that me and my wife are PR but living outside canada and we have 2 years left to keep the valid PR status.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys , I have a related question as well . Can my brother (who is PR) and living in Canada sponsor my child (under 18 years) ?. Note that me and my wife are PR but living outside canada and we have 2 years left to keep the valid PR status.
No. Your brother cannot sponsor his niece/nephew.

Nayena

Sep 21, 2017
I have a similar query..my husband being p.a applied for pr through express entry.we.( husband daughter nd i ) did a short landing nd returned to India (was pregnant during landing) bt chose to return to India for birth of 2nd child. .we 3 have our pr cards...now we have informed cic nd ndvo of the new born addition...we have been asked to take an undertaking of assistance for newborn (does this mean fmly class sponsorship). Currently my husband is in india can he apply for sponsorship from here or does he have to move to canada nd get a job to state employment ( currently unemployed )... and then apply to sponsor 2nd child...what are the chances for applying for sponsorship while being unemployed ...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a similar query..my husband being p.a applied for pr through express entry.we.( husband daughter nd i ) did a short landing nd returned to India (was pregnant during landing) bt chose to return to India for birth of 2nd child. .we 3 have our pr cards...now we have informed cic nd ndvo of the new born addition...we have been asked to take an undertaking of assistance for newborn (does this mean fmly class sponsorship). Currently my husband is in india can he apply for sponsorship from here or does he have to move to canada nd get a job to state employment ( currently unemployed )... and then apply to sponsor 2nd child...what are the chances for applying for sponsorship while being unemployed ...
Noa parent ha to be in Canada to sponsor their child. A job isn't necessary if you can show savings but it is helpful. You should start by seeing if you can get a TRV for your newborn and if not a TRP.

Reactions: Nayena

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
What is a TRP
A TRP is applied for when the applicant is inadmissible to Canada, usually based on criminal background etc. More details here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5554-applying-remain-canada-temporary-resident-permit-holder.html#5554E8

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/apply-where.asp

Apply for a TRV first. Explain that you intend to apply for the sponsorship but that you would like to travel together as a family to do that. Include as much details as you can and be honest. Your application will NOT be denied because you have an intention to apply for sponsorship. All the best.

Reactions: Nayena