+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New biometrics

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
We submitted Biometrics this past April, when they sent us the first request (they don’t expire for 10 years). IRCC just emailed us new biometric requests. (Not FBI checks, actual biometrics) Has this happened to anyone else? Seems to be a mistake but there’s no place to write them back and ask.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Guess I’m the only one this has ever happened to. And we’ll have to go for a second set of biometrics in the same year

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guess I’m the only one this has ever happened to. And we’ll have to go for a second set of biometrics in the same year
What program did you apply under? Post to that section of the forum vs this section.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
What program did you apply under? Post to that section of the forum vs this section.
Self-employed. And yes, I did post there but nobody has said anything. So I was wondering if anyone else was required to do a second one only months after doing the first one (and the old one, unexpired, is still in my application portal!)? Most are only required to do it again if it has expired...but mine don't expire until 2033.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Self-employed. And yes, I did post there but nobody has said anything. So I was wondering if anyone else was required to do a second one only months after doing the first one (and the old one, unexpired, is still in my application portal!)? Most are only required to do it again if it has expired...but mine don't expire until 2033.
It could be a matter of it not yet being added to you profile for your current app, send a web form detailing when you did the bio, hopefully they can find it. I wouldn't go and do another bio.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
It could be a matter of it not yet being added to you profile for your current app, send a web form detailing when you did the bio, hopefully they can find it. I wouldn't go and do another bio.
Perhaps. But it IS current in our application on the online portal, not missing. I sent a webform about it but they responded without actually answering the question so we will go do them again as they requested it and the deadline is approaching. It doesn't cost us anything more and it's only 10 minutes away...so at least there's that. Just seems like it was a mistake or something.

Reactions: Canada2020eh