+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Baby!

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi Guys,

I have a peculiar case and i want to be sure that i'm handling it right. I applied thru CHC Ghana in Apr 2002. Got a letter to update documents in Oct 2006 which i have already done. There's been no news from them since. My wife gave birth to a baby in Jul 2007. I have actually notified CHC Ghana thru an e-mail of this development and that i will fill an "additional family information" form for the new baby. Unfortunately it might take a while for a passport to be arranged for the baby and a passport number needs to be included in the form to be filled. I want to be sure how this will affect my pending application and if there is any additional thing I need to do. Please I need advice from you guys. Thanks

fathertee

Star Member
May 25, 2006
Congrats A square on your new baby. I do not think that it is compulsory for you to send a passport number for the new baby. All you need to send now is an update of the Additional Family Form, then the passport could follow later.

I will suggest that you get in touch with your lawyer, if you used one, or better still wait for response from other forum members. Good luck.

abeni_okin

Star Member
Sep 28, 2007
congrats on the arrival of your new baby. you need not wait for a passport for your noew baby. moreso a child can get a passport only when she /he is 2yrs and above. you just need to go with the mother's nigerian passport and the baby's passport photograph to the immigration office so that the baby's picture will be stamped on the mum's passport. do this as soon as possible. very very soon you can go to ghana to pay the baby's processing fees so you will not have problem when it comes to mediacls and other stages.
all the best

nimi

Sep 27, 2007
A-square. I agree with abeni_okin. I think what you need to do is to have your baby endorsed on your passport as abeni said. After this, you just write a letter to notify the CHC and send the certified cheque for the baby's processig fee.

All the best!

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
1.I had a similar situation and this is how I handled it...
2.Fill up the form Generic 0008,
3.Get a copy of the birth cert. signed by a notary with photos..
4.Your son's name endorsed on his mother's passport which should be valid for atleast 2 years, take copies of the passport and have it signed by notary
5.Since your application was in 2002, make out new passports for your and your wife before getting the baby put on the same.
6.A passport copy should also be signed by a notary.
make a draft out for CAD 150.00 payable to "THE RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA"
7.If you do your IELTS very good, it will help CIC make a faster decision on your case.
8.Wirte a covering letter and shoot it off to the concerned CIC office ASAP!

follow these steps and you dont have to consult anybody...... simply because I did it allllll !!!
MIKE

Ps. Dont forget to mention your file no. on the covering letter.......... GGGGGOOODDDD LUCK !!!!!!!!!