+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New baby who is a Canadian Citizen

wendymc

Feb 7, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen by birth, currently living in Australia with my British husband. I am sponsoring my husband (applied at the start of June and are at the SA stage).

We already have one child together, and I already have her Canadian citizenship certificate. Since applying we gave birth to our second child. I did indicate we were expecting this on our application.

I have the new baby's Australian birth certificate, and am waiting on his Canadian citizenship (although this takes months...)

My question is, how do I let CIC know about this? Do I just send a letter to Mississauga with our application number and copy of his birth certificate?
He is not a dependent on the application so I am hoping this doesn't end up slowing things down.

Thank for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen by birth, currently living in Australia with my British husband. I am sponsoring my husband (applied at the start of June and are at the SA stage).

We already have one child together, and I already have her Canadian citizenship certificate. Since applying we gave birth to our second child. I did indicate we were expecting this on our application.

I have the new baby's Australian birth certificate, and am waiting on his Canadian citizenship (although this takes months...)

My question is, how do I let CIC know about this? Do I just send a letter to Mississauga with our application number and copy of his birth certificate?
He is not a dependent on the application so I am hoping this doesn't end up slowing things down.

Thank for your help!
Hi

Just upload a copy of the birth certificate. It won't slow anything down.