+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Applicant - Advise Needed

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
Hi All,

I have few queries if anyone could help. NEW Spouse PR application from New Delhi, India.

1. As I just moved to Canada from US (I was working in the US for the last 7 years), I will not receive my first Canadian payslip until the end of November 2013. I can provide HR letter stating my yearly Canadian salary, and salary slips/income tax documents from US. Should I apply for sponsorship application with these US documents or should I wait for my first Canadian payslip?

2. My wife does not have Indian birth certificate. Can I provide matriculation/Class Xth certificate in lieu of the birth certificate?

3. My wife is currently visiting US and will go back to India in December. Can we get her upfront medical done in US itself (DMP)? If yes, where will the Doctor send the medical reports? To Mississauga office or do we need to tell him to send the reports to New Delhi?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
visiting_canada said:
Hi All,

I have few queries if anyone could help. NEW Spouse PR application from New Delhi, India.

1. As I just moved to Canada from US (I was working in the US for the last 7 years), I will not receive my first Canadian payslip until the end of November 2013. I can provide HR letter stating my yearly Canadian salary, and salary slips/income tax documents from US. Should I apply for sponsorship application with these US documents or should I wait for my first Canadian payslip?

2. My wife does not have Indian birth certificate. Can I provide matriculation/Class Xth certificate in lieu of the birth certificate?

3. My wife is currently visiting US and will go back to India in December. Can we get her upfront medical done in US itself (DMP)? If yes, where will the Doctor send the medical reports? To Mississauga office or do we need to tell him to send the reports to New Delhi?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
1. You can apply with what you can provide now, don't need to wait.

2. I don't know - hope someone with experience in Indian immigration can help.

3. Your wife can get the upfront medical exam anywhere she wants, as long as she does it with a panel doctor. The doctor will not send the medical reports either to Mississauga or the VO. The med results will be sent to a Regional Medical Office and CIC will ask for them based on the barcode and serial number provided on the form your wife will get from the doctor after doing the exam - IMM 1017. from what I remember, your wife will have to tell the doctor the Visa Office she will be applying through.

Good luck!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
visiting_canada said:
Hi All,

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
I can't answer 2 and 3 for you. However for question 1. You can use the current employer employement letter (original) and also submit copies of your US paystubs up to last 12 months prior to submitting your application along with copy of W2 slip. I did this as I moved back last year to Canada from US. I submitted my letter of employment along with my copies of US paystub up to 10 months. 2 months was Canadian paystubs. I gotten sponsor approval and my wife landed without any issues after 10 months of submitting it. I also submitted a paper with US dollars converted to CAD dollars so I can show how much I made in the last 12 months in Canadian dollars.

Screech339

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
2. Passport copy is valid as birth certificate. I didnt submitted birth certificate any time. You can also put x class

3. You can do medical any where in world. Results wi go online.to avoid confusion if shes in india visit nearest panel dr and finish off. Those r valid for 1 year