+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New and old passport related query

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have recently get a new passport after expiry of my old passport. Since in application form they have place for only one passport details, so I should give my new passport details.
Where shall I mention old passport details as number of old passport is marked on my Work permit.
Also shall I send photo copies of both passport or just the new one.
Please suggest.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Keep your old passport with you, don't lose it. Did you get AoR?

Your new passport should have a stamp inside saying "The bearer of this passport previously traveled on oldpassportnumber". Include that and send a photocopy of new passport (you can include old one's too, but they should have it already), with AOR to the Visa office that is working on your file.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamroth said:
Keep your old passport with you, don't lose it. Did you get AoR?

Your new passport should have a stamp inside saying "The bearer of this passport previously traveled on oldpassportnumber". Include that and send a photocopy of new passport (you can include old one's too, but they should have it already), with AOR to the Visa office that is working on your file.
Thanks for your reply.
I still not sent my application, so AOR is not in question. I am asking initially shall I send copies of both passports?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
skm12345 said:
Thanks for your reply.
I still not sent my application, so AOR is not in question. I am asking initially shall I send copies of both passports?
No, only send a copy of the new passport with your initial application, if you haven't done so yet. If you're currently
in Canada and submit a copy of your workpermit or studypermit which has the passport number of your old passport
on it, I recommend also sending a copy of the old passport, but clearly note on the copy that this is an old passport.
If you've already sent your application, wait for AOR, then email a scan of the new passport to CIC.

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
No, only send a copy of the new passport with your initial application, if you haven't done so yet. If you're currently
in Canada and submit a copy of your workpermit or studypermit which has the passport number of your old passport
on it, I recommend also sending a copy of the old passport, but clearly note on the copy that this is an old passport.
If you've already sent your application, wait for AOR, then email a scan of the new passport to CIC.
I have not sent my application yet.
So as per your advise, I should send copies of both and put a note on copy of old passport that "this is copy of my old passport which has been cancelled". Is this fine?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
skm12345 said:
I have not sent my application yet.
So as per your advise, I should send copies of both and put a note on copy of old passport that "this is copy of my old passport which has been cancelled". Is this fine?
Yes, that's fine. I did the same, put a post-it note on my old passport, as this old
passport number is stated on my current work permit.