+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New 2017 checklist questions...

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
I have a question in regards Schedule A - IMM5669. and supporting documents. Hopefully the answers/consensus will help others too.

The new checklist says it is not required to be submitted with the initial application but will be requested at a later date. I have already completed it and was wondering if it would quicken the process if I submit it with the initial application? (or is it something that gets sent online??)

Also the same for my police certificates. I already have them, so should I submit them now too?

Also for supporting documents, the checklist says it only wants 20 photos....I read previously on here people saying send in as many as you can, at least 50...so thats what I have had printed. Any idea if they will be annoyed if we send more?

And the same for social media/texts....it says 10 pages, but also reading here, people were recommending to send in the equivalent of War and Peace. What are people doing for this? Keep it at 10....I feel if I do and most others are sending in 50-100 pages then our relationship will look thin in comparison.

nightriderx

Dec 4, 2016
karlos_macca said:
And the same for social media/texts....it says 10 pages, but also reading here, people were recommending to send in the equivalent of War and Peace. What are people doing for this? Keep it at 10....I feel if I do and most others are sending in 50-100 pages then our relationship will look thin in comparison.
Do you live with your spouse? New form also state you only need to show conversation if you don't live together ( read title last page of the checklist)

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
We do live together and I did read that. I had already printed it out from ready from last year before the new forms. I thought it could still be included as further proof such as backup for Q11 in IMM5532 asking for further information to support the relationship

SMWNDP

Jan 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/05/2017
LANDED..........
14/06/2017
We started our package in Autumn 2016 but didn't have everything ready until this month. We didn't notice the forms had changed until January 1st so we went with the new kit since the new requirements are much less work.

The new checklist says it is not required to be submitted with the initial application but will be requested at a later date. I have already completed it and was wondering if it would quicken the process if I submit it with the initial application? (or is it something that gets sent online??)
Also the same for my police certificates. I already have them, so should I submit them now too?
We submitted both medicals (done in october 2016) and police checks (done in november 2016) with the whole package. I know the checklist says you should wait or don't have to but since we had them both up front, we submitted it all together. The downside is that maybe they will ask for newer ones, but we will deal with it when/if they ask.

Also for supporting documents, the checklist says it only wants 20 photos....I read previously on here people saying send in as many as you can, at least 50...so thats what I have had printed. Any idea if they will be annoyed if we send more? And the same for social media/texts....it says 10 pages, but also reading here, people were recommending to send in the equivalent of War and Peace. What are people doing for this? Keep it at 10....I feel if I do and most others are sending in 50-100 pages then our relationship will look thin in comparison.
If you're submitting the new forms, I would stick with the new guidelines. If you're submitting the old kit, you are still ok to send in a novel before the end of this month, according to the website. I imagine that wait times are shorter now because each individual package is smaller and faster to go through. If you give more, it may take longer. Maybe/maybe not.

To give you some insight into our application, we provided exactly 20 photos on 10 8x11 pages and exactly 10 pages of skype chats (with small font and narrow margins).

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
Ah good, thats kind of what I had planned to do also. Thanks for the advice!

Did you also submit the Schedule A, or waiting until requested?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
karlos_macca said:

Also for supporting documents, the checklist says it only wants 20 photos....I read previously on here people saying send in as many as you can, at least 50...so thats what I have had printed. Any idea if they will be annoyed if we send more?

If you are submitting the new application, follow the new rules.

The posts you read about pics/chats were from before the new application when there was no limit. IRCC has now placed limits, so don't ignore them.

SMWNDP

Jan 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Done....
03-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/05/2017
LANDED..........
14/06/2017
karlos_macca said:
Ah good, thats kind of what I had planned to do also. Thanks for the advice!

Did you also submit the Schedule A, or waiting until requested?
We submitted it up front as well. We considered holding on to them (police check, schedule a, medical) until requested but decided to send them in up front. My rationale was that it would be more of a hassle to wait. The doctor also told us he would be forwarding the medical results from his side to CIC anyway so there's no point in holding on to them. During the transition period between new and old forms, we're making the assumption CIC will expect some applications that straddle the fence.

Ultimately I think the reasoning is that CIC a) doesn't want to receive out of date documents and b) wants to minimize the time period people have to wait to process. With the new guidelines, applicants can wait for police checks, wait for doctor's appointments and wait for sponsorship approval concurrently.

I wouldn't worry about your application package being smaller in comparison to others. CIC specifically changed their guidelines in Dec 2016 to decrease the amount of proof they receive so packages will be smaller by their request.