+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never received study permit

heygracee

Aug 10, 2021
I have requested the 3rd reprint from CIC because my study permit never arrived. I got approval in Feb. I had to change my address so I was told I needed to wait at least 6-8 weeks to ask for a new copy. While I was waiting, I tried to contact the old landlord and current tenant but they both said didn’t receive anything during those months.

The 2nd time they updated my address on the approval letter. It said they mailed it on May 31. Still I couldn’t get it in mail. I contacted them via webform multiple times but the response was slow. At the end, they said it was sent on June 1st but it never came. So I called them this Monday (August 9) and requested for the 3rd copy. They told me the second study permit was sent to my old address again and they will resend it. But how come? The address on approval letter was correct. I was very confused.

So they uploaded a new approval letter again this Tuesday, and states if I can’t receive it within 6 weeks please contact them. I don’t know how many 6 weeks I have to wait more. I really need the study permit urgently. I have been waiting for almost one year for it to arrive.

How long did it take for you guys to receive the study permit in mail? How many attempts did you guys try? If I can’t get it within 2 weeks, should I contact them again? But I feel like they will ask me to wait 6 weeks again.

Please advise. It has been really stressful.

Last edited:

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
usually within 1-2 weeks, it depends on Canada Post.
Hey it might be useful to call IRCC and check your address with the agent. It sounds like a random idea but I called an agent last time asking for my application, and he told me an email that I've never heard of when confirming that I am really myself. I guess they have two sets of personal info sys?
Hope it will help tho

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
usually within 1-2 weeks, it depends on Canada Post.
Hey it might be useful to call IRCC and check your address with the agent. It sounds like a random idea but I called an agent last time asking for my application, and he told me an email that I've never heard of when confirming that I am really myself. I guess they have two sets of personal info sys?
Hope it will help tho
All applications filed under your UCI will be recorded in the gcms including emails and addresses and phone numbers. If you have used rep, probably that was your rep’s email. Ask agent to delete them if possible.

In my case I rechecked address, all correct, received my pr card in this address as well. But couldn’t receive another document from IRCC, no idea why.

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
All applications filed under your UCI will be recorded in the gcms including emails and addresses and phone numbers. If you have used rep, probably that was your rep’s email. Ask agent to delete them if possible.

In my case I rechecked address, all correct, received my pr card in this address as well. But couldn’t receive another document from IRCC, no idea why.
Yeah I told him that I am not aware of this email and I have it updated.
For your problem.... I would blame Canada Post. It really sucks but we got no choices