+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never received PR card

Aug 15, 2018
Hi guys. I became a permanent resident on February 24, 2021, I received a letter of my permanent resident confirmation and they told me to mail the letter with a valid photo. I sent it with my new address because I had recently moved. They received it on March 17, 2021 following my tracking number in the Canada post. Almost 6 months have passed without receiving my PR card. I can't check the status online I guess, because it's the first PR card. I would like to know someone's experience on how long it took to receive it. I need to travel in 4 months and I am worried that I will not get it on time. What should I do? Keep waiting or send a solemn declaration? I was told in the letter to send the requested documents to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Processing Centre in Etobicoke. I would like to receive advices according to your experience, thank you.

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Did you change your address via the webform, if not your card was probably mailed to the old address. You can find the status of your pr card by raising a case status inquiry via webform.

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

4K0223

Aug 7, 2021
Hi, I received the confirmation and congratulations via email (it was an Express Entry) in Oct 2021. We received my wife's card after 1-2 weeks of receiving that email but not mine.

I called and followed up with IRCC (which was super painful) and it turned out that due to a mistake from their officers they just sent my card to a different random address!!! I submitted the Solemn Declaration letter and have e proof it's delivered in Nov 2021 yet no response until Feb 2022 that they sent my PR card in Sep 2021 and I should submit the Solemn Declaration letter if I haven't received it!!!!! I replied to the email explaining all the above, and as expected no answer...

I'm calling IRCC every other week since Oct 2021. Every time wait in the queue for an hour, most times they just hang up, etc., and they don't answer my questions through the webform because it's not urgent enough due to the situation in Afghanistan and now Ukraine.

It makes my blood boil. IRCC can't simply send a letter to the right address (I haven't changed the address or anything...) and they say go f**k yourself, you're not important enough while people like me are paying for these services (and I'm not a low bracket taxpayer)

Anyone knows where can I possibly complain about this garbage quality service?

Last edited: