+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never paid property Tax, how to pay now

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Friends

I just want to know how can I pay propert tax in Canada, I have been paying my Taxes for last three years after (paying $24-30 to accountants) and eveing informing them I own a Cando in ON, but no one has ever told me that I need to pay for property tax. Now in another matter of mine with CRA, asked me to submit property TAX document for my residence and I don't have any. Can I pay now immediately with even penalties?

Please help or send me some link--- Regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Property tax are billed by the municipality government, while income taxes are collected by CRA. You should contact your municipal government

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Thanks for reply,
Supplement to my above questionIf, I am in Manitoba, can I pay my property tax from here for my Cando in ON.

regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have internet banking, you can probably pay your property tax online anywhere & anytime. BTW, do you have a property tax bill? If not, you will need an account number (or folio number) in order to set up the bill payment. If this is the case, you need to contact your municipal government.

Phantom2013

Feb 18, 2013
If own a Condo then you are paying property tax. It's either part of your maintenance fee or you're paying it directly. Check with the management corporation and they will explain it to you.

jamesgaston

Apr 6, 2013
As soon possible contact the municipal corporations but don't show eagerness to pay and that you have lots of money. Be cautious and pay.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chances are you are in arrears, your property has a tax number contact the municipality that collects the tax and bring your account up to date. I am not an expert at this but I believe if you don't pay property taxes for seven years there is a process that can allow the municipality to seize your property to recover taxes owed.

PINKORIA

Nov 18, 2013
However if this a rental unit and you are getting rental income from ur tenant , then you have to report all the rental income after expances in your tax return