+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never got an option to pay my fees for the express entry application

RonWesley

Jan 20, 2020
I filled out and submitted my application for express entry tonight, but while submitting my application, it never gave me an option to pay my fees.

I checked the fee schedule and it said the total fees is $1,040 of which $550 is the processing fee and is to be paid while submitting my application and the rest, $490 is to be paid later on.
reverse phone lookupnba redditpcpartpicker
I never paid the $550 processing fee because it did not ask and my application went through, I got a message from IRCC on my profile saying “Congratulations! You have been accepted in the express entry pool of candidates”.

Could anyone please tell me if this is how it works or did I do something wrong?

Last edited:

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I filled out and submitted my application for express entry tonight, but while submitting my application, it never gave me an option to pay my fees.

I checked the fee schedule and it said the total fees is $1,040 of which $550 is the processing fee and is to be paid while submitting my application and the rest, $490 is to be paid later on.

I never paid the $550 processing fee because it did not ask and my application went through, I got a message from IRCC on my profile saying “Congratulations! You have been accepted in the express entry pool of candidates”.

Could anyone please tell me if this is how it works or did I do something wrong?
not familiar with Express entry but could it be possible that the fee is only applicable once you get invited to apply? Once you enter the pool don't you have to wait until a draw and if you are in the top you get selected? I believe 470 points or so is the cutoff right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

You didn't submit your application - you have just entered the pool of applicants. There is no fee to enter the pool of applicants. You only pay a fee once you are actually selected and apply.