+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never been to Canada but got rejected for contravening previous stay in Canada.

Karnn123

Aug 23, 2019
I have never been to Canada before and my rejection letter says

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.

How is that possible?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.

How is that possible?
I would order your GCMS notes. That's the only way you'll see the details.

Are you sure you were never taken to Canada as a child by your parents?

Karnn123

Aug 23, 2019
I would order your GCMS notes. That's the only way you'll see the details.

Are you sure you were never taken to Canada as a child by your parents?
I got my passport issued 2 years ago and I only travelled to Emirates after that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

How is that possible?
You need to make 100% sure that your parents did not take you to Canada when you were very young and not abide by the conditions of their stay.

franklin1995

Oct 4, 2019

How is that possible?
I have received the same reason for refusal despite the fact that I have never visited Canada in my life, let alone contravening with these conditions of admission. Applied for CAIPS notes today, please help me understand this exact reason.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have received the same reason for refusal despite the fact that I have never visited Canada in my life, let alone contravening with these conditions of admission. Applied for CAIPS notes today, please help me understand this exact reason.
That's the right next step. Without the notes - it will be difficult for any of us to help you.

We have seen cases here previously where this has happened and the applicant wasn't aware that they had visited Canada as a child with their parents. That's one scenario that can occur.

franklin1995

Oct 4, 2019
That's the right next step. Without the notes - it will be difficult for any of us to help you.

We have seen cases here previously where this has happened and the applicant wasn't aware that they had visited Canada as a child with their parents. That's one scenario that can occur.
I agree with your point that a person might not remember visiting Canada as an infant or a child. But I had my passport issued when I was a teenager. So you see there is no way that I won't remember visiting Canada. That's why this reason is bugging me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with your point that a person might not remember visiting Canada as an infant or a child. But I had my passport issued when I was a teenager. So you see there is no way that I won't remember visiting Canada. That's why this reason is bugging me.
Infants can sometimes travel on their parents' passports.

Anyway - really impossible to say until you get your notes. Let us know once you get them!

franklin1995

Oct 4, 2019
Infants can sometimes travel on their parents' passports.

Anyway - really impossible to say until you get your notes. Let us know once you get them!
You are right, no sense arguing. I just hope the reasons listed in the CAIPS notes can be dealt with.

franklin1995

Oct 4, 2019
Hello everyone, I finally got my CAIPS notes and it basically says that I have already studied the subjects taught in my proposed program and I possess a higher level of qualification. The vo believes that it is not the right progression of study. I have obtained a bachelor's degree in pharmacy from India and wanted to go for strategic marketing communications at Conestoga college. I have already been refused twice. my consultant says that instead of reapplying for the same course, I should go for a different course in may intake whereas a second consultant that I visited says that if I reapply with a strong sop, I may have a chance, but if I apply for a different course in May 2020, the vo would think that I am desperate to get into Canada and refuse my application. Can someone please help me with this dilemma.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone, I finally got my CAIPS notes and it basically says that I have already studied the subjects taught in my proposed program and I possess a higher level of qualification. The vo believes that it is not the right progression of study. I have obtained a bachelor's degree in pharmacy from India and wanted to go for strategic marketing communications at Conestoga college. I have already been refused twice. my consultant says that instead of reapplying for the same course, I should go for a different course in may intake whereas a second consultant that I visited says that if I reapply with a strong sop, I may have a chance, but if I apply for a different course in May 2020, the vo would think that I am desperate to get into Canada and refuse my application. Can someone please help me with this dilemma.
Your choice of course makes no sense if you are a pharmacist. Would warn you that there is a surplus of pharmacists in Canada currently. You should apply to a program that makes sense but it is clear that you want to immigrate.

VRock

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019

How is that possible?
Hello this is just a mistake by embassy that is not quite general. One of my frnd also got that reason but when she re-applied with good SOP she got the visa

njab

Jul 14, 2018
Hello this is just a mistake by embassy that is not quite general. One of my frnd also got that reason but when she re-applied with good SOP she got the visa
did you contact embassy for clarity? or did u reapply?