+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Neutralized Canadian that wants to sponsor her husband from Egypt and puzzled

pamela rizk

May 16, 2016
Good morning!
I was planning to sponsor my husband and received an ok from Canada. Now the Canadian Embassy that is in Egypt is delaying our process. I provided proof of official documents and pictures to the government but yet they want me to travel to Canada and stay there for 5-6 months alone. I don't get, why would I be forced to live by myself for half a year without my husband? If I don't travel, would they cancel my sponsorship? All the money we paid to the lawyers and all, where would that go?
Please help anyone.....i really want to move to Canada but with my husband!
Thanks in advance

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
What exactly did the embassy say? Did they send you a letter stating you should return to Canada? If so, what was their reason?

How long have you been away from Canada? It could be that the visa officer processing the file does not believe that you will return to Canada to live when your husband gets his PR visa. One way to show that you intend to live in Canada is to do exactly that: go back and re-establish yourself in Canada.

pamela rizk

May 16, 2016
They asked for a plane ticket which i provided but now they haven't responded. Problem is that here in Egypt....husbands do not let the wives travel on their own. But why 5-6 months as we just want to move to Canada for 2 years and travel?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You're living outside of Canada right now - correct? It sounds like they doubt you have plans to return to Canada to live there once your husband's PR status has been approved. What evidence did you provide to demonstrate this?

pamela rizk

May 16, 2016
I've searched for jobs and as well apartments to rent. I got my family stating that they are willing to help me settle in and help me with my job hunt and apartment. At the same time we spent money on a huge law firm to help us immigrate to Canada. I don't think people would spend so much money and just a few months there in Canada, right?
The point is that I didn't want to stay so long without the hubby. If it was only 1 - 2 weeks alone that would be fine....but I heard it would be like 5-6 months. I'm so confused!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Can you post the part of the letter from the embassy where it asks you to go back to Canada and wait for 5 or 6 months? It is an odd request.

pamela rizk

May 16, 2016
it wasn't a request done by the embassy...it was one of our lawyers working on the file. They haven't answered us at all

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
OK, then it sounds like your lawyer thinks that the visa officer will not believe you plan to return to Canada. In cases like this, one option is for the sponsor to actually return to Canada ahead of the PR decision. This way the sponsor can send in real proof that he or she has in fact moved back to Canada: proof of a job or a job search, proof of an apartment lease or mortgage, etc.

However, it is not necessary for you to do this, it is just a possibility. Your lawyer has seen your evidence, though. Maybe try asking your lawyer if he or she thinks it is necessary for you to go back to Canada early. And if there is any other evidence you could send instead.

pamela rizk

May 16, 2016
i sent the proof already that i am searching for jobs and the correspondence between landlords for rentals. thank u

Mardek

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
St Petersburg, Russia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 21-04-2016
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
File Transfer...
15-12-2015
Med's Done....
06-27-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: 05-07-2016
Passport Req..
24-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
You need to understand that immigration officer does not look at your case the same way you do.
Just because in Egypt husbands do not let their wifes travel on their own, means nothing, because you are Canadian in the eyes of the VO.
You searching for jobs also means nothing, because you could be doing it just for the PR. YOu need to have a place to live and a place of employment - that is evidence.

Seems like your lawyer is ripping you off as they should've told you hat you will need real proof that you will return to Canada.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
pamela rizk said:
i sent the proof already that i am searching for jobs and the correspondence between landlords for rentals. thank u
Yes, but if your lawyer knows this but is still recommending that you go back to Canada early, it is probably because he or she feels this proof will not be enough. If you are actually back in Canada, then you can send in proof that you have resettled there to be added to your file, or your husband could take this proof with him if there is an interview.